You Belong With Me

Ten

Dan's point of view:

The last 2 days had been great, our day in london and our day at her house. I couldnt get Joanne off my mind which i wasnt complaining about, she was the most beautiful woman ive ever met, she's kind, loving, funny, intelligent what more could you want, plus bonus points for being a good cook. I was sitting in the living room watching crap on tv when my mum and sarah came in "danny boy! what ya doing today?" Sarah asked me taking the seat next to me on the sofa, mum sat on the chair to my right, "going to meet biff and adam at the pub later", "not going to see your girlfriend?" i looked at mum in shock, i had no idea she knew about joanne, "who told you about joanne? and um.... shes not my girlfriend" "you sure about that? i mean you've been spending alot of time with her, and you 2 are never off the phone" i blushed slightly at what my mum said, she was right we were always txting each other, "aww danny's blushing" sarah said while pinching my cheeks, "fuck off" i replied pushing her hands away, both mum and sarah were laughing at me, "well do you want her to be your girlfriend?" i didnt have to think about mum's question for long as the answer was easy, of course i did, i wanted nothing more. I looked up with a smile "yeah i do, she's amazing".

I was just about to go in the shower when sarah came into my room and threw her self on my bed, i couldnt help but laugh at her, i laid down aswell, "you really like her dont you?" "yeah i do ive never felt this way about anyone, and to be honest it scares me a little" Sarah turned to look at me, i did the same "are you scared she'll cheat on you like lucy did? i nodded "i dont think she will dan, georgie told me she's been cheated on too, plus i had a good chat with her at reading, nice lass and another shopping partner" i couldnt stop myself from laughing , god did that woman like to shop "do you think dad would have liked her?" i asked sarah. We'd lost our dad to cancer nearly 3 years ago, although time had passed it still hurt, but his passing made me, mum and sarah so much closer i honeslty didnt know what id do without them "yeah i think he would have and mum will too, you'll have to bring here over so they can meet, now go shower you stink" laughing i got up off the bed, helping sarah get up too, i gave her a small hug and thanked her for the chat before heading to the bathroom.

Sarah gave me a lift to the pub as she was going to see her mates, i told her i would get a taxi home so she didnt have to pick me up. For a Thursday the place was packed, i looked through the crowd and eventually found biff and adam, "alright lads" i said giving them both a bro hug, i got a beer and went to sit down, luckly we found an empty booth. We chatted about all the stuff we'd gotten up to during the week, also planning a game of golf for the weekend. "so dan, you a got a picture of joanne? i wanna see the girl who's turning my best mate to mush" I flipped adam off, while biff just laughed, i got out my phone and opened my album to find a picture, i showed them the one i took of her at reading, where we 1st met,"fucking hell mate how did you pull that one, shes way out of your league" biff said to me taking my phone out of my hand, "thanks alot for your confidence in me, and to be honest i dont know","oh and what are these other photo's? aww cute couple pics" i blushed at what adam had said, while hanging out yesterday me and joanne both took photos of us together, "i havent seen you this happy about someone since lucy, good on ya mate" I frowned at what my friend had said, thinking about lucy brought back alot of bad memories, she was my 1st love, i gave her my heart and soul and she threw it away when she cheated on me while i was on tour. I thought about what sarah had said earlier about joanne being cheated on, i couldnt understand someone doing that to her, she's to perfect, "Dan, you there?" i was brought out of my thoughts by biff "its your round".

We stayed in the pub for another few hours i was slighly buzzed from the alcohol and banter i was having with my mates, we were just about to walk out the door when some called my name, i turned round and wished i hadnt...lucy. "hey cutie, how ya been?" she walked over to me and tried to kiss my cheek, but i pulled away, "aww danny theres no need to be like that, i just wanted to say hello" i looked her up and down, face packed with make-up, her long black hair curled and hairsprayed with an inch of its life, skin tight red dress making her breast nearly come out of over the top, she looked like a tart, she had changed alot over the past year and not for the best. "just leave me alone lucy, i dont want anything to do with you" i started to walk away but she grabbed my arm making me turn around again "come on! you honestly still cant be holding a grudge over me, it was a year ago cant we aleast be friends?" she said batting her eyelashes at me, the sight made me feel sick to my stomach "no lucy we cant, you cheated on me, broke my heart now do me a favour and fuck off" she looked at me shocked, ive never once shouted at her, but her trying to be all nice to me after what she did, pissed me right off, i pulled my arm away from her and walked out of the pub, all i wanted to do was go home and talk to joanne.

When i got home i txted joanne asking her if she was still awake and if we could skype, it was late but i didnt care i needed to see her face and hear her voice, :JOANNE: yeah im still awake, give me 5 mins and ill be on xx, thank fuck for that. I made my way up to my room, and got changed and into bed, i placed my laptop into my lap turned it on and signed into skype waiting for her. She came on 2 mins later, i clicked on her name and called her "hey!" she said while waving at me, i felt the tension leave my body as soon as i saw her, but it didnt go quick enough as she saw the look on my face. "dan, whats wrong sweetheart?" i looked into her eyes swimming with concern, i couldnt lie to her "i saw my ex tonight" i whispered "oh!, i know how that feels, hurts like a bitch with a skinned knee, you ok?" i couldnt help but laugh at what she said, i looked at her with a smile of my face "yeah it does". We talked for another hour until she started yawning "tired babe?" "yeah, had a long day but ill stay on longer if you want me too" "no sweetie its ok, get your rest your gonna need it for tomorow" i said with a wink making her blush "ok, good night dan,i cant wait till tomorow" "me either its gonna blow your mind" we both laughed and blew each other a kiss. I turned my laptop off and and put in on the floor and laid my head down, i really hope she likes what ive got planned for her ive really gone all out, i want to make it special. Drifting off to sleep i pictured joannes face, i smiled, i was falling for her and falling fast.

It was friday, i spent the day tying up loose ends for tonight, i found out alot of things about joanne over the last few days and i was gonna surprise her with the things that ive learnt. I cleaned the house for my mum and cut the front and back lawns, keeping myself busy as my nerves were going mental. I was picking joanne up at 7, so about 5 i started to get myself sorted, i picked out the grey shirt we saw in the shop, and matched it with a pair of black dress pants and my black leather shoes, i wanted to look smart. I took a long shower to try and calm myself, it helped a little. I shaved my face, dried and styled my hair, got dressed put of some aftershave on and went down stairs. I went into the kitchen to collect my surprise for joanne, mum and sarah were sitting at the table "wow" they both said together making me blush, "your gonna blow her away son" i thanked them both by giving them a kiss on the cheek. When i got in my car i sent joanne a message letting her know i was on my way and pulled out of the drive.

dan's bedroom

lucy
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like this chapter, please let me know what you think x