You Belong With Me

Fifteen

Max's point of view:
"MAX!!!" what the fuck! i ran upstairs as fast as i could, i got to joannes room and didnt find them in there "DAN WHERE ARE YOU?" "BATHROOM", i ran to the bathroom to find dan on the floor crying with joanne in his arms, i felt sick to my stomach "oh my god joanne" i rushed over to her and brushed her hair out of her face "i...found..her ..like ...this" "wait here ill phone an ambulance" i ran downstairs and called 999 told them my address and they were on their way. I went to go back upstairs but dan was carrying joanne into the living room sitting down on the sofa with her in his arms, "whats going on max?" i sat next to them on the sofa taking joannes hand in mine henri had joined us aswell, "i.. dont ... know..." i was crying aswell seeing my best friend like this terrified me "ill go keep a look out" henri got up and went to the front door. "joanne its max please wake up sweetie, your scareing me" "has she ever done this before, i mean does she have any illnesses i dont know about?" i looked at dan he looked terrified and we were both crying "no, shes never passed out before, fuck dan shes so pale" "i know max... i know , im so fucking scared i dont know what to do" "ITS HERE" henri shouted we stood up, dan carrying joanne out of the house to the ambulance i couldnt stop shaking "please help her" dan said as the paramedics got out "ok sir, lay her down on the strecher and we'll see what we can do" i couldnt move, my body was shaking out of control i fell to my knees. I saw them hooking joanne up to some machines dan never leaving her side, i wanted to be the one next to her, holding her hand but i knew dan wouldnt leave her side "who's coming with us to the hospital?" i looked at dan his eyes pleading with me to let him go with her, i nodded "me, im her boyfriend" dan said "ok sir were going to weybridge hospital are your friends going to follow us" dan looked at me and i nodded again, the ambulance door's closed as they got ready to set off. "max! come on ill drive us there ok?" i looked up to henri he was holding his hand out for me, i took it and let him help me and into the car, he ran back to the house to lock it up. My mind was going crazy, i hated seeing joanne so frail she's normally so strong, i didnt know what to do i felt so helpless. Some people might think i was over reacting, but this is my best friend were talking about, she's everything to me i honestly dont know what id do without her, "shes gonna be fine max" i tried to look at henri but i could barely see him as i was crying to much.

The drive to the hospital was torture, i needed to know that she was gonna be ok, henri dropped me off at the a&e door and i ran in while he went to park the car, i found dan pacing "where is she?" dan stopped to look at me, he looked terrible "they've taken her to get some tests done, were not allowed to go in" "WHAT? why cant we be with her? she hates hospitals, she's gonna freak out when she wakes up" i was so angry, how could they stop me from being with my best friend "max calm down ive already had it out with them, they threatened to kick me out if i didnt calm down" dan went to sit down on one of the benches, i followed him"what happened dan?" i turned to look at him "she got up to go to the bathroom, i asked if she needed any help but she refused,she was taking along time so i went to check on her and thats when i found her on the floor, its all my fault i should have gone with her" dan put his head in his hands, i placed my hand on his shoulder and gave it a reasuring squeeze "there was nothing you could have done, you didnt know it was gonna happen none of us did stop blaming yourself ok?" he lifted his head to look at me "thanks max, im pleased you dont blame me" i looked at him in shock "mate not for one minute would i blame you for this". Henri came through the doors and found us "ive phoned her parents and yours to let them know what's happened, their on their way, i also txt the guys, hope thats ok" fuck i totally forgot about our folks "yeah henri thats fine, thanks".

We sat in silence, no one knew what to say, our parents had arrived so had chris and georgie, i knew chris would come joanne's like a sister to him. I saw a doctor coming towards us, everyone stood up "which one is joanne's next of kin" "iam" "name and relation to the patient?" "max helyer and best friend" i replied he gave me a weird look "any of you her parents?" "we are" i couldnt help but smile a little as both my parents and her parents answered at the same time "please is she going to be ok?" i looked at sue my 2nd mother and gave her a small smile then looked back at the doctor "she's going to be just fine, she's a little anemic, nothing we cant cure with medication and plenty of rest" everyone let out a sigh of relief "thank you so much" i heard dan say "she's still asleep but you can go into see her if you want". I looked at our parents "you guys go in first, then the rest of us will go in later" john started to laugh "yeah right max like im gonna let us go in before you" i couldnt help but laugh myself "ok, me and dan will go in 1st ok?" everyone nodded. The doctor walked us to her room, my eyes grew teary as i looked at her, she was hooked up to a machine that monitored her heart thankfully it was beating strong, she looked better than she did a couple of hours ago, she had got a bit of colour back in her face, i walked round to her left side and took her hand in mine, dan did the same on her right side. "joanne? im so happy that your gonna be ok, i promise im not gonna leave your side until your better, im gonna take care of you" dan said to her, i could help my heart warming up, he really did love her "me too sweetie, your gonna be so sick of me your gonna wish that i was back on tour" me and dan both laughed, i stayed in her room with dan for another 10 mins, i gave her a kiss on the head, dan kissed her lips then we left to let everyone else to come in to see her.

After a few hours everyone had left apart from me and dan, i told them i would ring them when she woke up. Me and dan were sitting either side of her bed holding her hands, just talking to her, i felt her hand move so did dan "joanne" we both said at the same time making us laugh, her eyes started to open a little the light must be hurting her eyes, so i got up and turned the dimmer down a bit and went straight back to her. She opened her eyes a little more "where am i?" dan beat me to it "in the hospital sweetheart, you passed out" "WHAT?" she shot up in bed causing the monitor to go off, i grabbed her and settled her back down on the bed, i knew she would freak out "joanne its ok, were both here everything is gonna be fine" a nurse came through the door "everything ok?" "yeah shes fine, just doesnt like hospitals" i said to the nurse, she turned around and left, "can i go home?" joanne asked causing me to laugh.

Dans point of view:
It had been 2 days since joanne was released from hospital, we were currently cuddled up in be watching sons of anarchy, i was so happy that she was gonna be ok, the doctors had given her some meds and told her to take plenty of rest. "you can go home if you want to?" i looked down to her as her head was pressed against my chest and i was stroking her hair, i chuckled "not a chance babe, im staying here till your back to full health" she sat up to look at me, god she was beautiful "seriously babe, im fine ill call you if i need you plus ive got m..." i placed my finger over her lips to stop her talking, "im not leaving you, understand?" i said in a stern voice, joanne nodded and i removed my finger "thank you dan, for everything" she said wrapping her arms around me, hugging me i returned the hug "anything for you sweetheart" she pulled away looking at me, i pressed my lips to hers pulling her into me, i couldnt believe the feeling she gave me when our lips moved together perfectly i felt complete, i ran my tounge over her bottom lip asking for entrance, she parted her lips and our tounges met, everything fell away around me, in this moment there was just me and her in the world, and i loved it. A few hours later i notice joanne was falling asleep, "sleep darling ill be here when you wake up" "promise?" "i promise" i layed down in the bed so she could cuddle into me, her arm draped over my waist, her right leg over my left and her head resting on my chest, there's no where in the world id rather be right now, "night dan" "night sweetheart", i waited till she was fully asleep and turned the tv and light off, i buried my head into her hair and whispered "i love you".