Status: This is probably a totally different story than what you're used to, but it's probably the most real to life one too, It's been my favorite to write, even better than my fanfic!

Rekindled

Angles Watching Over: 1

Spencer Parker

I looked down on my family muddling through. My beautiful Presley looked like she hadn’t slept in weeks before going back home. I understood why she did it. My parents loved her and Preston very much, but being around them had to be hard, when everywhere she looked were pictures of me when I was kid and all kinds of things. She already had the pictures of us at the house to remind her, not to mention my mini me as a constant reminder. Every night before she goes to bed, she talks to me. Preston had been sleeping with her before they came back to Brookpoint, but for the past few days, I’ve been laying in the bed with him until he falls asleep, and once he’s sound asleep, I lay down and hold Presley until she’s sound as well.

I watched her as she went to her dad’s office to take him lunch. I watched as Kyle noticed her for the first time. I’ve always known how she felt about Kyle and I was just happy that she choose me to replace him. I knew he would always hold a special place in her heart, and that if anything ever happened to me, I always hoped that she would find her way back to him, because he would treat her the way I always had. I have a mission now that I need to accomplish and I won’t rest peacefully until it is.

“Hey Presley, it’s so good to see you” said her father’s assistant. Mr. Monroe was a contractor that owned his own company, it was a family company that his father had opened up. His family built most of the homes in Brookpoint, not to mention doing the majority of the remodeling as well.

“Hi Nancy, it’s good to see you too” she said giving her a quick hug.

“Who’s this handsome little man?” Nancy smiled getting down on my son’s level

“I’m Preston” he smiled, his brown eyes glowing

“Well, nice to meet you Preston” she smiled shaking his hand “He’s beautiful Presley, much like his mother” she smiled

“Thank you, but he looks just like his dad”

“Either way, two pretty people in this case made a beautiful child” she smiled

“Thank you Nancy. Is daddy here?” Presley asked rubbing her head across Preston’s head

“Yeah, go on in, he just got back from the Richards’ house. They’re adding on a room”

“Oh ok cool. Well, I figured I’d bring him lunch so…” Presley smiled holding up the bag of burgers that she got from Luke’s. She knocked on the door and waited for Mr. Monroe to answer

“Hey loveboat, and my tugboat” Mr. Monroe smiled as he answered the door, leaning over kissing Presely’s cheek as he picked up our son.

“Hey daddy, I figured you’d be hungry, so I thought I’d bring you a burger from Luke’s” she said as he ushered them into his office.

“Yes I am, but I’m only eating if you brought food for you and Spence too” he smiled

“You know I did. I’ve been craving some Luke’s since we got into town” she smiled brightly.

“I kinda figured you would” he laughed.

I watched them eat lunch and chit chat. I loved seeing her start to relax a little bit. Presley and Preston being back in Brookpoint with family that’s been through a lost like this one was turning out a good thing for them.

Kelly Douglas

It’s funny how things work out. I always knew how Kyle felt about Presley, it was no secret. I knew he loved me, but just never in the way that he loved her. When Chris asked me to go to Homecoming with him, we had a plan. He took me just to make Presley jealous. He figured that if she saw me with him she would do everything in her power to put me off on Kyle so that she could sneak off with Chris, but that didn’t happen. I was happy to do it too, because I had been trying to hook up with Kyle for the past year, but he just wanted to be friends. But when I watched them at the dance; during the King & Queen dance, the way he held her close by the small of her back, the way he looked at her when they laughed and talked, it was evident that he truly loved her, and she loved him just the same.

Shortly after homecoming, Chris managed to get Presley back, which meant she wasn’t occupying Kyle’s time, and since Chris was always with Presley, that left room for me to make a move on Mr.Hunter. Since I was pretty cool with his cousin Mikey who at the time was dating my sister Lizabeth. Lizabeth convinced Mikey to set us up, against her own wishes because she was friends with Presley. They worked together at the skating rink. Once he got to know me, he found out how cool I really am. I know I loved him more than he loved me, even when Brittany was made. I knew what I was doing when forgot to take my pills after me and Kyle became sexually active; I figured that if I got pregnant with his baby, he’d never leave me, he’d do the right thing, because that’s the way he was raised. And I was right, he did do the right thing, he made an honest woman out of me. Mrs. Hunter wasn’t my biggest fan though. When Presley finally left for school, I knew my happy ending was coming. Presley had no intentions on coming back here, and I knew that. I knew that me and Kyle were going to spend the rest of our lives together, I just didn’t know mine would end so soon. I guess that’s what they mean by Karma’s a bitch. I’ve had to look down on my beautiful daughter and watch from afar as she grew up.

I can’t lie, I felt bad watching as Presley got the news about her husband, who I might add was sexy. One thing’s for sure, the girl had taste in men. I mean look at her track record, Chad Davis, Chris Hughes, Kyle Hunter, and Spencer Parker. But seriously, nothing could ever prepare you for what she was going through, and the only person that would understand is Kyle. The best thing for her to do was to go back to Brookpoint. Now, if only I could get them together. I don’t know what happened between her and Kyle before she left for college, but things haven’t been the same since. I owed him this, I took him from the love of his life and if could go back and do things all over again I would. I’m glad that he wants to move on and that he wants to make things right with Presley, she doesn’t know it now, but she really does need him right now.

“Excuse me, I don’t mean to bother you, but are you Spencer Parker?” I spotted him looking down on Presley and their son having lunch with Mr. Monroe.

“Yes” his face held a puzzled look

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to disturb you. I do the same thing with my daughter” I smiled pointing out Brittany having lunch with her best friend Princess and the rest of the cheerleaders

“She’s beautiful” he smiled “That’s my niece, Princess, that she’s sitting with. At least that’s what we call her; but her name is….”

“Pricilla…I know” I smiled “I know her parents, known them all my life”

“Oh ok, so you know my wife then?”

“Yes, I do. I’m Kelly Hunter” I introduced myself

“Any relation to Kyle Hunter?”

“Kyle was my husband”

“Ohhh” he nodded then looked back down at his family.

“Ok look….” I started “I’m not proud of how I treated Presley back in high school, but look at it this way, if I hadn’t done what I did, then you two never would have met” I smiled

“So, I guess I owe you a thank you then” he chuckled

“No, to be honest, I feel horrible for what I did. I mean…it all worked out for you, but my husband is the one that’s suffered. I know Presley has probably shed some tears over Kyle, but you came along and showed her that he wasn’t the only person that loved her. I know you might not want to hear this, but at some point you’re going to have to let her go, and she’s going to want to move on”

“I know” he nodded

“She has a constant reminder of you. Every time she looks in those beautiful brown eyes of that beautiful little boy that the two of you made, she’s always going to see you, just like Kyle is forever going to see me when he looks at our daughter. You know it’s only a matter of time before they find their way back to each other? They have a connection that neither one of us could have ever replaced, even if we were still alive” I explained

“I know, that’s what I was hoping to happen when she came home. I know my wife loves me, just as much as she loved Kyle, and I also know he’s the one to help her through this time. If they fall in love again in the process, I’ll be fine with that. It’s what I wanted for it her, it’s what I told her to do should anything happen to me. She’s to move on with her life and keep living, because as long as she is, I will continue to live in on through her. Kyle is the only person that’s going to love her as much as I did. You should want the same for him”

His words hit me hard. The whole time that I was so busy trying to make myself happy and get the guy, I never thought that seeing him happy; even if it wasn’t with me; was actually what really mattered.

“You’re right. I want him happy, he deserves that. What do you say we do what we can to make it happen” I smiled

“I guess” he shrugged

“I tell you what, for the time being, you continue to comfort her at night, I’ll see what I can do on my end to get him to her” I smiled. I knew just how to make it happen to. As crazy as this may sound, me and Brittany do communicate, in her dreams and I think I know how to make this reunion happen.