Sometimes...

11

Couple hours later I was on facebook when it beeped ‘Hey you not been attacked yet then?’ Ben asked ‘Why are you even joking about this?’ I replied ‘I don’t know really, but seriously you haven’t have you?’ he asked and I rolled my eyes ‘No and I won’t be’ I typed. ‘I hope you not! I can’t believe I came home to see my cousin; he was literally here 5 minutes. What was the point?’ he asked ‘To be nice?’ I asked.

‘:) He’s family, I don’t have to be nice to him’ he replied and I smiled ‘Oh that’s how it works is it?’ I said ‘Yeah pretty much, I can be so nice to you because I’m horrible to them. It’s a system and it works for me’ he joked. ‘Oh course it does :)’ I replied ‘If I’m so bad why do you still talk to me?’ he asked ‘Because you keep talking to me’ I typed ‘That’s true, maybe I’ll ignore you tomorrow ;)’ he stated.

‘Do it see what I care’ I replied ‘Thanks Jenna! Here’s me thinking we were friends and you just want me gone, I know when I’m not wanted :(’ he typed. ‘Okay bye then’ I sent ‘No! Don’t do this to me’ he replied ‘What am I doing?’ I asked ‘Leaving me :( Please be my friend?’ he asked. ‘Needy much!’ I typed ‘I’m okay with being needy if you stay’ he said and I smiled ‘Fine I’ll stay’ I replied.

‘Thanks :), Katie’s friend nearly cried when Pey tried to say hi to her’ he said ‘How can you be scared of him? You yes but not him’ I joked ‘I’m ignoring that last part! She’s really scared of dogs, Katie managed to get her to stay by saying I’d keep him in my room all night because she thought I’d let him run around the house all night’ he stated. ‘I bet he sleeps on your bed’ I said ‘You may be right ;)’ he replied.

‘Don’t you have homework to do?’ I asked ‘Sadly yes :(, I best go get it done. I feel bad for leaving you at yours on your own’ he replied ‘I’m fine, now go do your homework’ I ordered ‘Okay! Well if you want anything text me’ he typed. ‘Might help if you had my number’ he said giving me it ‘Text me yours?’ he asked ‘Fine, now get lost :)’ I sent.

‘Okay Mrs Bossy! Bye xxx’ he typed Bye xxx’ I replied before he went offline. I sat looking at colleges before texting him ‘You best be doing that homework! X’ ‘This has to be Jenna because nobody else apart from my parents and my teachers ever tell me that, I’m doing it :) xxx’ he replied and I smiled.

I locked the door downstairs before going to bed, the next day I was walking to school when I heard Ben shout my name, I saw him walking from his friends towards me. “I thought you were not talking to me today?” I asked and he shook his head “It’d never work, so you didn’t die last night” he said.

“Nope I’m here so I must’ve survived” I joked and he laughed “I’m glad, so I was thinking” he said as we walked into the hallway “Really? I wouldn’t it might hurt your head” I teased and he nudged me “Stop it you! I was thinking you could have Peyton,” he stated. “Have him for what?” I asked as I opened my locker “To stay at yours while your mom’s away” he said.

“Why?” I asked, “Because that way you’re not on your own and if anyone does break in he’ll take care of it” he replied as I shut my locker “I’m fine seriously” I admitted as we walked to class. “Maybe you are but I don’t like the idea of you being on your own constantly, keep Peyton until your mom comes back” he said as we sat down and I shook my head.

“I’m fine Ben, I won’t die or be attacked and if I am I will text you,” I explained and he sighed, “If I’m hot-headed you’re hard-headed, why won’t you just take him?” he asked as Craig waked in sitting in front of us with the girl he’d partnered himself with a few lessons previously. “Because I don’t need him,” I replied “Hey dude” Craig said and Ben nodded at him “Maybe you don’t need him but surely you’d feel better if you had him there?” Ben asked and I sighed.

“Will you drop it?” I asked, “Not until you take him” he stated, “Well I don’t want your dog Roethlisberger” I replied and he smiled “Your not going to give in are you?” he asked “Nope” I stated as he laughed. “Fine but when you die don’t come running to me crying” he cut back “I won’t be running because I’ll be dead” I replied and he laughed “I hate you” he said leaning back in his chair.

“Sure you do,” I stated and he grabbed me “Remember last night about that aggression thing, I’m taking this out to the field” he snapped as I laughed “Get off me will you” I said pushing at his side “Bet you could use Pey now couldn’t you?” he asked “Ben Roethlisberger class has started” the teacher said and he let me go “Sorry ma’am” he replied as I tried not to laugh at him.

He looked down at his book before nudging me and pointing to his notebook ‘That was your fault Jenna!’ he’d written and I smiled at him. It’d been 2 days since then and he’d been checking on me every night and still trying to persuade me to have Peyton, I was on the phone to my mom as I walked through the hallway Monday lunchtime.

“Yeah I’ll see you when you get home, bye” I said hanging up and shoving it back in my pocket. “Jenna!” I heard a girl shout and turned to see Emily walking towards me, “I just wanted to say sorry about before” she said as she got closer and I nodded. “Yeah I’m really sorry I didn’t realise it even mattered, I mean I thought Ben would’ve made it clear to you that you’re a friend because your clever not because he likes you. I mean look at you both, he’s a footballer and a good one at that and you’re well your nothing are you?” she asked.

“I mean Jenna really? You think Ben Roethlisberger likes you?” she asked and I looked away from her “Leave me alone” I said and she smiled “Its tragic! Here’s Ben being nice to get grades and then there’s you thinking he’s being sincere, don’t get too attached because he’ll leave you. Look at what he’s used to being friends with and then tell me you think he actually likes you,” she said quietly.

“I really don’t care” I said and she smiled "But you do, you like him. He’ll leave you just like your dad did” she stated and I walked away from her. I got to the end of the hallway when Ben and his friends walked in “Hey Jenna” he said and I walked past him “Jenna” he stated and I ignored him.

He ran in front of me “What’s wrong?” he asked as I looked away from him trying to hide my eyes “Hey are you crying? What’s wrong?” he asked hugging me against him but I shook my head. “Leave me alone” I stated “No, what’s wrong? Who made you cry?” he asked and I stayed quiet. “Please tell me Emily has nothing to do with this?” he asked as he pulled me to look at him.

“No” I lied “Well she’s stood up the hallway looking pleased with herself and you’re down here crying so I think she did, what did she say to you? I thought I told you to tell her to get lost” he stated “Yeah I did” I replied as I wiped my eyes “Then why are you crying if you’re ignoring her?” he asked smiling “Because sometimes she makes it really hard to ignore her” I admitted. “Why what did she say to you? You know if it’s anything about me I don’t listen to her” he reassured but I shook my head.

“Well if it wasn’t about me what was it about?” he asked hugging me again “About my dad” I said quietly “What did she say about your dad?” he asked sounding angry “About you leaving me like he did” I admitted and he shook his head. “Craig!” he shouted “What?” he replied as Ben let me go “I told you about her and she’s going too far now! You tell her to leave Jenna alone right now!” Ben snapped.

“She is doing” Craig replied, “No she’s not, she’s upsetting her! Make her apologize” Ben shouted “Emily!” Craig shouted and she wandered towards us. “What’s wrong babe?” she asked and he sighed, “Will you leave Jenna alone already! Say sorry” he demanded and she shook her head “No way, your not my dad and neither are you Ben; I can say what I want to whoever I want” she cut back.

“You are so lucky you’re a girl because I’d have punched you by now, you’re a evil little cow! Leave Jenna alone!” Ben shouted at her “Or what?” she cut back “Or next football match someone might just get to Craig and he won’t look so pretty after that and you’ll look a fool for dating a footballer who gets flattened by one of the worst teams we play” he replied.

“Like you would,” she stated, “Don’t call his bluff Emily! Ben dude seriously don’t bring me into this” Craig snapped, “Oh I would, I might just get sidetracked and let one of them get to him and bam he’ll be out of action for awhile. This stops right now!” Ben cut back as Craig nudged her and she sighed.

“Fine whatever! I apologize,” she said and he nodded “Good! Come on” he said walking off from them dragging me with him. “You okay?” he asked and I nodded “She was mega out of line! I’m sorry,” he offered hugging me again. I was at home the next night when I heard the door “Come in!” I shouted and I heard the door close before hearing footsteps on the stairs.