Sometimes...

12

“Hey Peyton!” I shouted as he jumped on my bed “You know he’s never going to stop going on there now” Ben stated and I smiled “Oh well” I replied. “I brought movies, so get the TV on Henley” he ordered and I rolled my eyes doing as he wanted before lying on my bed with him at my side.

“Seriously, your making me watch this? I’m in a house on my own tonight and your making me watch a scary movie?” I asked and he smiled “Yes I am, it’s not that bad” he stated and I shook my head. He had to be joking; I was never going to sleep tonight!

“What’s it about?” I asked as it started “It’s The Descent, they go in caves and things kill them” he explained and I sighed “Will I like it?” I asked and he nodded. 20 minutes in and I hated it already, I jumped and he smiled “It’s not that scary” he stated “Yes it is!” I argued and he rolled his eyes.

“I’ll protect you,” he teased rolling onto his side putting his arm over my waist, a while after I jumped and he squeezed my waist “Are you kidding this is horrific” I said covering my eyes and he laughed. “I never knew you were such a baby!” he teased, “I have to stay in a house on my own after this,” I snapped at him and he laughed again.

“Jenna open your eyes it’s gone,” he said and I shook my head “Open your eyes!” he stated “Not until you turn it off” I replied “Well it’s staying on,” he argued “Well I’m keeping my eyes closed then” I cut back. “It’s a film Jenna, nothing like this is real,” he reasoned “You never know! You’ve not been there!” I replied.

“No but I’ve been here and nothing is hiding in your house to kill you now please just watch the film” he reassured and I sighed looking back at the TV. Another scary bit came on and I jumped rolling onto my side away from the TV and he laughed quietly. “Aww it’s fine,” he teased hugging me against him and I shook my head “Just turn it off!” I snapped, “Nope, I like it” he replied, “Well it’s my house and I hate it” I cut back.

“Nothing’s going to happen to you” he reassured “I have to stay on my own tonight!” I reminded “If your that bothered I’ll stay over, then when the monsters come to kill you I’ll film it” he teased and I looked up at him “I hate you” I stated and he smiled at me.

“Sorry” he offered and I nodded “You best be” I replied and he nodded slowly, before I was aware of it he kissed me. “What the…” I said “Ssh” he whispered “But…” “Don’t freak out, sorry I…well I don’t really know. I like you Jenna, I’ve always thought you were cute; hence why I knew your name, what classes we share and why I kept talking to you. Your great and I probably should’ve said something not just done that” he rambled and I looked at him.

“You think I’m joking don’t you? Well I’m not, I’ve not lied to you before and I always stick up for you. Just don’t freak out, I get that you don’t feel the same way but don’t just stop talking to me” he explained. “But your…” “Friends think you have a crush on me but it’s me who has the crush. I am such a dick sometimes, can we just forget that happened?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Jenna come on, we’re friends! I was out of line doing that and I’m sorry,” he offered and someone screamed on the TV and I jumped making him laugh “Its not funny” I stated and he smiled “It kind of is funny that your that scared, I’ve got 2 more scary films to watch if you want to change it?” he offered.

“What you got?” I asked “Jeepers Creepers and The Exorcist” he replied, “Yeah I’m thinking Jeepers Creepers” I said moving to switch the DVD’s. I lay back down again on my back as it started and he distanced himself from me, I felt really bad because I realised I’d sounded really harsh towards him but I didn’t exactly want to bring it up again especially seeing as he was wanting to forget it had happened.

I’d seen this film several times before and it wasn’t that scary, it got to a really tense bit and Peyton sneezed and we both jumped, I felt Ben’s arm back around my waist and I laughed “Jeez Peyton you scared the hell out of me!” he snapped. “Aww were you scared?” I teased “No I just…” “You were scared admit it” I joked and he shook his head “Yeah you were” I teased nodding and he shook his head.