Sometimes...

15

“What? Oh it’s you, okay so I was maybe 20 minutes late to first class because I fell asleep at home” he admitted and I laughed “How are you so awake?” he asked “I had Chemistry first class” I admitted “Oh harsh, Mrs Lions doesn’t let sleepy brains get away with much does she?” he asked and I shook my head.

Our teacher walked in and we all fell silent, they stood at the front lecturing us on something to do with History and some battle that was apparently important when I felt something on my leg and looked to see Ben’s hand. I smiled as he started tracing patterns on my leg with his fingers.

Class finished “Come on” he said standing up and I grabbed my books, we walked to next class together sitting down to see Craig sat in front of us. “You done much on your project?” he asked and Ben looked at him “For this class” he added and Ben shook his head “Nope, you?” Ben replied.

“Nope, aren’t we supposed to work in bigger groups after this?” Craig asked and Ben shrugged “Yeah, she wants us to do our own bit and then work with another pair to do the last part, I swear you never listen” I cut in and Ben laughed. “We should work as a 4 when we have to” Craig said “Yeah as long as your partner doesn’t mind” Ben replied and she nodded.

“I’m Ben by the way” he said waving and she nodded “Penny, hi Jenna” she said and I smiled “Hi” I replied. I’d worked with Penny before and she was nice but she was one of them people that liked to do things on her own but she was pretty shy like me so we were useless together.

“Is it true that if a teacher doesn’t turn up within 5 minutes we can leave?” Craig asked and Ben rolled his eyes, “I have no clue,” Ben stated leaning back on his chair. “I think we can, I mean we’ve got 1 minute until then so I’m going then. Are you coming Roethlisberger?” he asked and Ben shook his head sitting back normally.

“No I’m staying here, what are you going to do if you do leave? Everyone’s in class so you can’t do anything” Ben replied as he linked his fingers through mine on the table “We can go play football” Craig answered looking at our hands “No more football! We practise enough as it is, it kind of takes the fun out of it when all we ever do is practise; right now I’d take a nice game of basketball” Ben admitted.

“You can’t even play basketball, you love football” Craig stated, “Yeah but I’m getting tired of it being all I do” he replied “All you’ve ever done is played football, since you were 6 you’ve been obsessed with football. Your favourite day of the year is superbowl!” Craig argued.

“Yeah I know, I think I’m just getting ready for end of season. What you doing for superbowl?” Ben asked “Don’t know, we need a party” Craig replied “Yeah I think my parents are away that weekend but Katie’s having a party I think so it’s a no go” Ben explained “Why we can just crash hers?” Craig asked.

“Because Cameron and I will only end up punching Freddy and the others when they start on her and I really don’t need the hassle” Ben admitted “Yeah fair enough, well we could always have one in my pool house but it’ll have to be smallish because we don’t have that much room” Craig offered.

“Yeah sounds good to me, you like football?” Ben asked “Who, me?” I asked and he nodded “Yeah, well I watch it” I stated “Good enough for me, superbowl party at Craig’s. Your coming but I can’t promise I won’t spend the whole time shouting at the TV,” he offered and I smiled.

“No chance of The Bengal’s getting there this year” Craig said “Nope” Ben stated “You like The Bengal’s?” Craig asked and I shook my head “Ben seriously your friends with a Brown’s fan?” Craig asked. “Nope she’s a Dolphin’s girl I bet” Ben replied and I nodded “Why?” Craig asked looking confused “I’m from Florida” I answered.

“Dude I’m leaving you coming?” Craig asked, “Oh you are are you” the teacher said as Ben tried not to laugh “Sit down Craig, I’m sorry I’m late class,” she said before starting class. “I’ll see you at lunch” Ben said as we walked out of class and I nodded, “Jenna” he said and I turned back to him to have his lips crushed onto my own before he pulled away “Bye” he said smiling and I waved as he walked off.