Sometimes...

16

I was sat in my next class when one of the girls said my name and I looked at them “Is it true your dating Ben Roethlisberger?” she asked, “Who told you that?” I replied, “My friend said she saw you kissing in the hallway,” she stated. “Oh, well yeah I guess” I admitted, “Your dating him?" she asked and I nodded.

It got to lunch and I really wasn’t hungry, I grabbed an apple sitting where I always sat to see Ben and his friends walk in talking away. They all went to get food and he wandered over to me “Not hungry?” I asked and he shook his head. “Craig don’t be ridiculous!” Emily said as she walked over to us and Craig followed her “I’m not, leave it alone” he warned as she stood next to us.

“Hello Emily” Ben stated, “Hi Ben, you will never guess what I just heard in the hallway! I heard that Ben Roethlisberger is dating Jenna Henley, I wonder where that little rumour came from” she snapped looking at me. Ben smiled “That little rumour probably came from this,” he said leaning over and kissing me, “What?” she asked looking shocked as he sat back down.

“I told you” Craig cut in “Shut up” she snapped at him “You got it all wrong Emily, you were too busy teasing Jenna when I was the one with a crush. Feel a fool now don’t you?” he asked and she glared at him “I cannot believe you!” she stated storming off. “Sorry, I tried to tell her it was true” Craig offered, “How’d you know?” Ben asked, “Dude you were holding hands in class, I know I’m slow but I’d have to be totally blind to not see that” Craig explained.

“Fair enough” Ben stated “Anyway I best go find her” Craig said walking off. “Have you been spreading rumours?” Ben asked smiling and I shook my head “I think you have” he stated. “Nope someone saw us before” I replied and he nodded signalling for me to go sit on his lap, when I didn’t move he grabbed my hand dragging me around the table onto his lap. “What’d they see?” he asked and I looked at him “This” I stated kissing him and he smiled into the kiss putting his hand on my neck.

“Well I get how people thought we were dating from that” he said “You better come to this superbowl party” he added “Maybe” I replied “No maybes your coming, you can stay over mine afterwards and this time we won’t wake up at 6am” he offered. “Deal” I stated as he kissed my cheek “You look pretty today” he whispered, “Thanks,” I said and he winked at me.

I sat with him for the rest lunch before we had to go back to class, he threaded his fingers through mine as we walked into the hallway; “Meet me at your locker and I’ll walk home with you” he stated “Okay” I replied. He placed his hands on my waist before pulling me into him kissing me “Bye” he said smiling before letting me go and I walked into my classroom.