Sometimes...

17

2 weeks later and I was sat at home when I got a text ‘Babe, I need your help can you come around mine now please? Xxx’ Ben asked and I got up pulling on my jacket and shoes on before walking to his house. I knocked on his door for a girl to answer it “Hey, let me guess your Jenna?” she asked and I nodded “I’m Katie, Ben’s big sister. It’s nice to meet you,” she said smiling.

“Now I hate to be the person who brings the bad news but my brothers playing you” she informed and I looked at her “Oh not like that, I can’t shut him up about you; all I ever hear about is you. He is however playing you right now, he’s not here he’s at football practise and he wants you to go but he knows you won’t so I’m going to come with you” she explained.

“Oh” I said and she smiled “My boyfriend is meeting me there after practise anyway so I’ll come with you to practise and stay with you guys until he comes” she stated walking out the door and walking towards school with me. She was really nice “I hope my little brother is being a good boyfriend, I think you’re his first proper girlfriend. Well put it this way you’re the first one we’ve all heard about and met, I think he’s a bit worried that Emily girl will start on you if you go down there on your own. You know I hate her too,” she offered as we walked through school.

“Why?” I asked “Because she’s a bitch, girls like her think they’re amazing when in actual fact people are just friends with them to avoid being picked on. As far as Craig’s concerned well he’s only with her because she’s a cheerleader and I’d imagine from what I know about Craig because she’ll sleep with him” she explained. “Oh” I stated “Ben’s right your not much of a talker, I used to be like you when I was your age but now you can’t shut me up” she admitted.

“Sorry” I offered “Don’t be, I think Ben likes that you talk to him when you don’t others; makes him feel special. He’ll kill me for telling you all this” she admitted as we walked toward the field. “Right don’t let Emily push you around, girls like her work on social standings and technically you’re not that far behind her anymore, she only has being a cheerleader over you. Your boyfriend is one of the best footballers in this school where as hers is just average, she gets off on knowing she makes you feel insecure about things and you’ve got nothing to feel that way about. You seem happy in yourself and regardless of what they might tell you my brother totally adores you” Katie explained.

“He wants you down here because he can show off, he’s good at football and he likes to show off how good he is and you’re the one he wants to impress the most. He’s a guy, they’re strange,” she stated as we walked to the bleachers and I laughed “Yeah that’s true” I replied and she smiled. “Oh look it’s Jenna, got yourself a new friend have we?” Emily asked.

“Yeah, hey I’m Katie” Katie replied “Yeah lovely, Jenna bringing you down here to try pair you off with one of the guys because it won’t work” Emily snided “No because one Ben’s my little brother and 2 because they all irritate me” Katie said as we sat down. “Your Ben’s sister?” Emily asked, “That is what I said” Katie snapped back.

“Why are you hanging around with Jenna? You were head cheerleader” Emily replied “Yeah I was but I wasn’t a bitch like you and I’m hanging around with her because she’s nice and she’s my brothers girlfriend regardless of whether you think she should be or not” Katie cut back.

“You were head cheerleader?” I asked and she nodded ”Yeah. I’m not like the usual cheerleader though; I was the one who was there because I actually liked cheerleading not because it meant I was better than everyone else. So have you looked at colleges?” she asked and I nodded.

“I looked at going back home to Florida or maybe Pittsburgh” I admitted “Pittsburgh? Ben always wanted to play for The Steelers, don’t ask why and never get him on the topic of them because you honestly won’t shut him up. Mom likes you already because in the time he’s been hanging around with you he’s actually looked at going to college” Katie replied.

We sat talking for ages when her phone rang “Can’t it wait? I’m with Ben’s girlfriend. Oh whatever, I’ll be there in a minute,” she said hanging up. “Jenna I’m sorry but Cameron’s here and he has to get back home to take his mom out, I have to go. Will you be okay?” she asked and I nodded. “Okay well it was really nice meeting you, don’t let her upset you and I’m sure I’ll be seeing you again. Bye” she said hugging me walking off.