Sometimes...

18

The girls who didn’t go to this school started talking to me and before I knew it a group of guys appeared, I saw Ben stood among them and he smiled at me motioning me over. I stood up walking over “Hey baby, sorry I lied. Where’s Katie?” he asked, “Cameron came so she went, nice lying to me” I stated. “I said sorry already, how great is your boyfriend at football?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“He’s average,” I teased and he scoffed “He’s amazing that’s what he is, anyway I’m going to hit the showers and I’ll be back out” he stated kissing my cheek before shouting one of the guys and heading inside with him. I sat back down talking to the other girls when Emily said my name and I turned to face her.

“So you’ve still got him as your boyfriend somehow” she snided “Yep” I replied “You can think your all cool now Jenna Henley but when he’s done with you it’ll be us lot laughing” she cut back “Right girls?” she asked her friends who stayed quiet. “What’s wrong with you?” she asked them and they all looked at each other.

“Maybe you should leave her alone?” one of the other girls suggested “What’s gotten into you guys?” she asked, “They’re dating now so leave them alone” the girl replied “Taylor what the hell? One minute you’re all laughing along and next your all bitching out, what happened?” Emily asked.

“What happened is that they see there’s no reason to pick on Jenna anymore and they also get that now she’s Ben’s girl they need to leave her alone for our sake” Max (one of the footballers) replied “Meaning?” Emily asked “Meaning you don’t want to mess with Roethlisberger because he’ll make you pay and I really don’t want to risk my girlfriend pissing his girlfriend off because Ben will make me pay for it. If you upset his girlfriend he’ll make your boyfriend pay for it, Craig’s not brave enough to tell you himself but he’s worried you’ll get him beat up” Max explained.

“Like he would,” Emily replied, “What so you think that little slip of attention in last weeks game that ended up with Craig getting sacked was unintentional?” Max asked, “No it was intentional alright, Emily seriously if you want me to get beat up by all means keep going but I don’t fancy my chances against Ben. He’s a lot bigger than me,” Craig said appearing behind Max.

“But…” “But nothing, stop it before he actually hits me” Craig snapped at her and she sighed sitting down. “I think you 2 are really cute, Dave says Ben’s always with you at school; Dave doesn’t even come over to me at practise let alone if we went to school together” one of the girls said and I smiled at her.

“I’m good to go babe,” Ben said appearing back and I smiled standing up “Bye” I said to the girls and they said bye back as Ben said bye to his friends and we left. We walked back to his and he made himself dinner eating it while I stole his fries “Seriously Jenna keep doing that and I’ll have to punish you” he warned as I smiled taking another one and he laughed.

“You’re getting too confident you are,” he said as he stood up cleaning up grabbing a drink “Whatever” I replied and he smiled as he walked upstairs and I followed him. “So you going to do your homework?” I asked “Why would I do homework when I could do this?” he asked kissing me. “Because you’ll get told off if you don’t do your homework,” I replied pulling away, “I would but I already did it. I made sure I’d done it all so I we could hang out” he stated grabbing my hands and pulling me towards him.

“Seriously?” I asked and he nodded as he pulled me to straddle his waist “Sorry I lied” he offered and I rolled my eyes “You’re a loser” I teased before kissing him and he deepened the kiss falling backwards to lie down taking me with him. “Craig’s having his superbowl party so we’re going” he stated as he pulled away “Oh are we?” I asked and he nodded, “You know by then we’ll have been dating 3 months, crazy huh?” he asked.

“Crazy” I replied “You know I never thought it was possible but your getting prettier” he whispered kissing me again as my fingers played with his hair and he pushed his hand under my sweater. I moved my hands under his top tracing over his chest and he pulled away pulling it off before kissing me again, his body moved against mine before he pulled at my sweater.

“What about your parents?” I asked “They’re all out and Peyton will bark when someone comes in” he whispered before kissing me again pulling at my sweater so I moved letting him pull it off. His hands hit my skin and started tracing over it as he kissed me, “So are you going to come to practise more often now?” he asked and I nodded.

“Good, did they leave you alone?” he asked as I kissed him. “Yeah well Emily didn’t until Craig told her off. Apparently everyone’s scared of you” I replied and he smiled “According to Max, now I’m your girl they need to leave me alone otherwise you’ll make them pay” I said. “Damn straight, nobody messes with my girl and gets away with it, them boys know me” he admitted.

“And the Craig thing?” I asked “What Craig thing?” he asked looking innocent “I don’t know maybe him getting sacked?” I asked and he beamed “That was just a friendly warning, I hope he took it” he stated, “Yeah I think he did” I admitted, “Good, I told you I used to be aggressive. They all know I won’t be afraid to punch one of them but I won’t have to, they’ll all back off. Craig will actually be nice if you get him on his own” he explained.

His parents came home and I pulled my sweater back on as he pulled his top on “I hate my parents” he whispered and I smiled “Liar” I replied and he winked. There was a knock at his door “Come in” he said and his mom walked in “Oh hi Jenna” she said “Hi” I replied “Are you okay dear?” she asked, “Yeah thanks you?” I replied “Yes thank you, Ben have you had dinner?” she asked and he nodded.

“Did your sister go out?” she asked "Yeah Cameron met her at practise” he replied, “She was at practise?” his mom asked “Yeah she went with Jenna” Ben answered as his mom smiled. “You trusted your sister to go somewhere with your girlfriend?” his mom stated “Yeah why?” Ben asked, “You know your sister, she’ll have said something,” his mom said.

“No she wouldn’t” Ben cut back “Okay then, she never said anything did she Jenna?” she asked smiling and I smiled back as she walked off shutting the door again. “Did Katie say something to you?” Ben asked looking worried “No course not” I lied and he shook his head "I will kill her, what did she say?” he asked, “Nothing” I lied “I hate her, she’s so embarrassing. What did she say?” he asked “Nothing, don’t you believe me?” I asked and he shook his head “No, I wish I was an only child right now” he said “Aww it was nothing bad” I offered “So she said something then” he cut back smiling “Got you Henley!” he stated grabbing my waist and I laughed as he tickled me.

He walked me home still asking what his sister had told me “Come on just tell me?” he asked as we got to my house and I shook my head “Peyton we’re not talking to Jenna anymore okay?” he asked and Peyton just looked at him “That’s not going to last long is it now?” I asked and he shook his head. “Anyway I best get home, see you tomorrow babe” he said kissing me as I wrapped my arms around his neck, he pulled me against his body “I really best go its freezing out” he said before kissing me again and walking off.