Sometimes...

26

We got home spending the rest of the day on the couch before getting ready to go out, “Are you sure you should be going out with that knee?” I asked as I felt Ben’s arms around my waist “Yes I just won’t dance on tables tonight” he joked and I laughed turning to face him, “Good because it’s totally embarrassing when you do that” I stated as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I heard Ben’s phone and he pulled it out his pocket “Hello” he said before smiling “Hang on” he stated before pressing speakerphone, “What you doing?” he asked “I just watched Cinderella in my pajamas” I heard Bryony answer and I smiled “Is mommy there?” she asked ”Yeah I’m here” I replied. “What are you doing?” she asked, “We’re going out for dinner and then to see some of our friends” I answered “Can I come?” she asked “No sweetie, it’s for grown ups. Plus you sound like your having way too much fun with grandma and grandpa” I stated.

“Is there pizza for dinner where you’re going?” she asked and Ben smiled “Nope, no fries either. This place sucks,” he said and she sighed, “I think I’ll stay here,” she stated “You do that Bryony,” he said smiling. “Bryony it’s that posh daddy’s got a suit on” I joked “Really?” she asked and I laughed “Yeah” “He looks funny in a suit” she said and Ben smiled “Thanks honey” he said.

“Mommy do you have a dress on?” she asked “Yeah” “Do you look like a princess?” she asked sounding so excited at the idea of princesses. “She sure does” Ben replied before kissing my nose “Anyway we have to go, you be a good girl and we’ll come pick you up in the morning. We love you, sweet dreams” Ben said, “Okay bye” she replied “Bye” we both said before she hung up.

“Grandpa just loves watching Cinderella” Ben joked as he put his phone back “Yeah I think he would rather she was into stuff about wars” “Yeah what is it about him and history, he was never into all that when I was a kid” Ben stated “It’s called being a grandpa, you’ll get it when your old” I teased and he laughed.

“You’re the old one not me” “Ben I’m like 4 months older than you” I stated “Yeah and whole lot prettier” he replied “Aww look at you with the compliments” I teased as he kissed me pulling me into him as he deepened it and my fingers twisted into his hair. There was a knock at the door “That’s us” he whispered pulling away before kissing me softly “Lets go babe” he said linking his fingers through mine as I grabbed my purse and we left.

Dinner was great and we got to the bar to meet the others, Hines and his girlfriend were already there “Here he is, look at the cripple,” Hines teased as I laughed. “I may have a bad knee but I can still take you down Hines” Ben joked hugging him “Happy birthday” his girlfriend said and I thanked her, Hines and Ben started talking about the coach guy as I spoke to Hines’ girlfriend.

Everyone else got there and we’d been sat talking when Hines got up with the some of the others “Jenna seeing as he’s not in a fit state come and dance with me?” he asked and Ben got up to the bar with the rest. I walked off with them, “How’s work going?” he asked, “Okay, when Bryony starts school it’ll get a lot easier” “Which school you sending her too?” he asked. “Ben wants her to go to that one across town, I’d rather she went nearby. Her friends are going to that one” I explained, “That probably is the better choice then” “You try telling her father that,” I stated and he smiled.

“You know he’ll give in to you, I hear you’ve stopped him going near his bike” he said “Yeah he’s a liability when he’s not injured. I tell you it scares the life out of me when he’s on that thing because he’s so easily distracted” “Tell me about it, he zones out constantly, was he always that way?” he asked. “Oh yeah, you should’ve tried getting him to listen in an algebra class” “It’s crazy that you 2 are one of the youngest out of us lot yet you’ve been together the longest nearly, don’t you get bored of him sometimes?” he joked “I’ve just got used to ignoring his existence sometimes” I joked back making him laugh.

“Talking of him look at Mr Charming over there” Hines said and I looked over to see Ben stood talking to a group of girls with a couple guys stood with them.

“I really wish they wouldn’t, his ego gets so inflated when people flatter him” I replied as I looked back at Hines, we carried on talking before walking back over to get drinks to see girls still all around Ben. We’d been stood there a few minutes when I jumped as someone wrapped their arms around my waist, they leant onto me and I was about to say something when they spoke “Letting other guys buy you drinks, you know some men might get jealous about that” they whispered before kissing my neck and I turned to see Ben.

“And some girls might not like other girls crowding around you” I replied “Well it’s good we’re not some people then isn’t it?” he stated kissing me as I nodded. “Hines is getting the drinks in? Mines a double” he shouted pushing his glass onto the bar and I laughed at him as Hines rolled his eyes.