Sometimes...

27

We stood talking when 3 girls walked over standing next to Ben smiling between themselves before tapping his arm and he looked at them “Oh my gosh! Your Ben Roethlisberger” one stated and he smiled “Hi” he replied, “You are amazing! I mean I’m not a Steelers fan but you are so good” the tall blond one said playing with her hair.

“Thanks” “And your mega cute, I mean look at you” she said biting her lip, I saw him scratch his head a sign he felt awkward “Erm…thanks” he stated. “Jenna!” I heard someone shout and saw Brett; I ran at him jumping on him as he laughed picking me up “Happy birthday Mrs” he stated kissing my cheek.

“How’s my favourite nfl wife?” he asked smiling “Good, how’s my favourite player?” I asked and he nodded putting me down. Brett Keisel was one of our best friends, we often went out to dinner with him and his girlfriend; he was so nice and Bryony loved him. Brett was often the first to try to keep Ben from trouble when he hit his head by trying to calm him down and take him out the way or by holding him back if he really took a dislike to someone.

“Oi Keisel want to stop chatting my wife up?” Ben shouted “Not really” Brett replied as I turned to see Ben leant up the bar the girls still stood near him “You will if you know what’s good for you” Ben stated “What you going to do about it?” Brett asked smiling. “Oh I’ll show you,” he stated walking over hugging him and I rolled my eyes “The knee still playing up then?” Brett asked letting him go “Yeah but I’ll be fine, you know me” “Yeah constantly got something to whine about” Brett teased.

“You guys want drinks?” Ben asked and walked back to the bar to buy them this time staying away from the girls, “Oh while I remember, you know it’s Christmas soon? Well I was wondering if I you’d be able to look after his present for a few days before?” I asked Brett quietly.

“You still getting what you were?” “Yeah, it’ll be like 3 days tops” I stated “Yeah that’s fine, just have to keep him away from mine while it’s there” he replied and I nodded.

“How’s Hannah?” I asked referring to his girlfriend and he smiled “Good, her parents don’t like me though so I think that’s going to cause troubles” “Why not?” I asked as I glanced over to see her talking to Ben “Think I’m just out for someone to have at home but that I’m going to go around sleeping with everyone, any tips?” “Don’t do it?” I joked and he smiled.

“The only romance that goes on when I’m away from home is Ben and mines” he admitted “Yeah you 2 should be married or something” I joked as he laughed “You know I’m waiting for him to get down on one knee” “With his knee that won’t be happening” I replied. “Break tradition and you do it” I joked “Maybe, I’m nervous” he joked “We all know he’ll say yes, especially if you get him drunk first” “I’ll bear that in mind, cheers Roethlisberger!” he stated taking the drink from Ben as he walked over with Hannah.

“Remember your getting him drunk, better chance he’ll accept” I whispered in Brett’s ear and he laughed “I don’t like it when you 2 are all whispery, I know something is going to happen to me when you are. Don’t you feel on edge when they do that?” Ben snapped looking at Hannah. “No because at least he’s not going to do something to me if Jenna’s involved” Hannah replied smiling.

Brett and I both smiled at him “Do you not trust us?” Brett asked “Not when you get them scheming brains together no I don’t” Ben stated ”Aww like we’d do anything to you” “Babe every great prank he’s pulled on me you have had some involvement in” Ben cut back “Yeah but every painful one he’s pulled on you I haven’t been involved in, so if I’m involved you know there’s not any pain” I offered.

“I hate your stupid logic” Ben whispered before kissing me “So how’s my favourite girl?” Brett asked as he put his arm around Hannah, “You do realise he means Bryony and not me right?” Hannah stated “Yeah Bryony’s always my favourite” Brett said kissing Hannah’s cheek. “Oh she’s great, beating daddy up but that’s what her mother teaches her” Ben joked, “She asked daddy why he didn’t have a beard like Brett’s,” I said smiling “This is one talent her father will never have!” “It doesn’t take talent to grow a beard!” Ben cut back.

“Yes it does” “No it doesn’t, anyone can grow a beard like that” Ben stated, “Prove it!” Brett said smiling “Fine, deal” “No, Brett seriously! Have you seen Ben with a beard, babe don’t make that bet” I begged as Brett laughed. “Babe someone has to teach him a lesson” Ben stated as I shook my head “A deals a deal” Brett cut in “You guys suck” I said as they both smiled “Come on let’s go sit down my knees hurting” Ben said leading us over to a free table.