Sometimes...

31

She had us up and in the lounge in 10 minutes ripping open everything and anything her hands got to, I had no clue who was more happy about the bike; Ben at the idea of teaching her to ride it or her at the fact she owned it. I went to get breakfast and I heard them talking in the lounge before Bryony shouted me and I grabbed Ben’s present from her from where I’d hidden it, “Yes” I said as I walked into the lounge putting food on the side “I got you this” she said handing me it and I opened to see a new watch.

“Thank you” I said kissing her cheek “Because I broke the other” she offered and I nodded kissing her again ”Hey Ben what’s that out the window?” I asked and he looked as I gave her the present for Ben, “What?” he asked looking back confused and I smiled at him as he realised what I’d done. Bryony ran over to him giving him it and he kissed the side of her head before she ran off to play with something as he opened it “Tickets to Ohio? What you trying to get rid of me Bryony?” he asked confused.

“When’s the dates for Ben?” I asked and he said them out loud and I waited for it to click but it wasn’t happening “So nothing’s going on in between them dates that you’ve been telling us about for what seems like forever” I stated and he looked at me “Maybe while we’re there you can graduate again” I snapped at him and he smiled "High school? The game?” he asked and I nodded.

“Seriously?” he asked and I nodded “All 3 of us are going back home for the game, Bryony thought it might shut you up” I said and he grabbed me smiling “I love you” he said kissing me and I laughed. “That’s from Bryony not me,” I stated and he nodded before grabbing her “That’s the best present ever Bryony” he said kissing her and she complained wanting to play again and he rolled his eyes putting her down.

He pulled something from his back pocket “Happy Christmas” he stated and I opened it to see tickets to a concert I’d been practically begging him to go to “Thanks babe, I thought you’d never catch that hint” I admitted kissing him “I bought them before you even hinted, that’s how amazing I am” he bragged and I smiled kissing him again. “Okay so you kind of have to wait for your present, it’ll get here at lunch” “If Brett Keisel is my present I am in no way impressed” he stated making me laugh “Nah but he’s bringing it with him” I admitted kissing him as we sat on the couch.

We rang my mom to say happy Christmas and to thank her for the presents and Bryony told her what she’d got before Ben’s parents came round and we had proper breakfast with them. I was in the kitchen when I heard the door and knew it was Brett “I’ll get it!” I shouted practically running to the door, I opened it to see Hannah “Your safe” she said and Brett appeared around the corner with Ben’s present in his arms. “Aww who put the ribbon on?” I asked and Hannah smiled, “It just looks totally cute with it on” she admitted.

“Thanks guys, I owe you one big time,” I said hugging them both “Want us to distract Bryony?” Brett asked and I nodded “Hey Bryony it’s Brett and Hannah and we’ve got presents and chocolate in the kitchen” Brett shouted and I heard her running followed by them talking to her so I figured the coast was clear. “Ben you in the lounge?” I asked “Yeah why?” he replied, “Close your eyes” I stated “Why?” “Just do it already” I snapped at him and he sighed.

“Fine” he replied and I checked to see if he was lying but he was laid out on the coach with his eyes closed “Keep them closed” I warned, “Okay, just hurry up will you” he replied. “Be prepared to be the loser of the present contest” I bragged, “Don’t open them until I say okay?” I asked “Sure thing” he said humouring me, I placed it on his chest “Okay go” I said and his eyes opened falling on his present smiling.

“Are you serious? You bought me a puppy,” he asked as I nodded “Rottweiler puppy, exactly the same as Peyton. I know you want another dog since he died and well Bryony’s old enough now so happy Christmas” I explained and he reached up kissing me “Okay you win, hey buddy,” he said sitting up with it. “He doesn’t have a name yet but he has been crashing at Brett’s place” I explained as I sat next to him, “I cannot believe you’ve bought me a puppy, this is the best Christmas ever!” he stated petting it.

“I like the name Roger” “Roger, Ben you’re not calling the dog Roger” I said and he sighed “Monty? I like Monty” he admitted, “Yeah Monty is good, Monty it is then” I replied scratching his ears. He sat smiling as he watched Monty roll on his back to have his tummy tickled, “Right now Jenna words don’t describe how cool you are” he said as Monty barked and Bryony came walking in with Hannah and Brett.

“Mommy look what Brett and Hannah got me,” she said holding up some clothes “Wow, did you say thank you?” I asked and she nodded oblivious to the puppy on her daddy’s knee. She started to play with something and the puppy barked again and she looked around “What’s that?” she asked, “It’s daddy’s Christmas present from mommy” I explained.

“Mommy bought me a puppy, come say hi” Ben said and she wandered over, she looked at the puppy before looking up at Ben “It’s okay he won’t bite you, his names Monty” Ben reassured and she petted him and he licked her hand making her laugh. “Bryony you think daddy can keep him?” he asked and she nodded “You don’t mind?” he asked and she shook her head “Will he eat the chocolate?” she asked, “Nope, he only eats special dog food. Your going to have to be careful though with your toys so he doesn’t eat them but we’ll make him mega well behaved” Ben explained and she nodded wandering back to her toys.

“So are you putting that thing down anytime today?” Brett asked and Ben shook his head “He’s so cute” Ben replied making me smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I am once again on the mass update and upload route to get rid of stories that I discovered on my memory drive from like years ago that I started to write and then I'll get to updating them all. So there are a lot of stories on my page now :)