Sometimes...

48

I woke up rolling over groaning to hit Ben and I pulled the covers back over me before noticing the sun burning through the blinds and I tried to cover my eyes but got nowhere, Ben rolled over blocking the sun from my face and I smiled trying to go back to sleep when I heard him start snoring and I sighed.

"Shut up!" I complained and he kept going so I nudged him but nothing, "Ben stop!" I snapped punching his chest and he grunted before opening his eyes "Ergh! Jenna!" he growled at me "Well stop snoring then!" I argued and he grinned at me closing his eyes again. "You know Benjamin I can get used to this not getting up until really late business" I smiled and he nodded "Well we should get up really, can't lie around all day" he stated and I smiled "But..." "No! Get up Lazy Lucy" he teased and I glared at him pushing myself up.

I got dressed and he appeared in the living room "Come on, we're going out for the day!" he said and I looked at him "Jenna come on" he smiled and I grabbed my coat pulling it on before wrapping my scarf around me, in town I smiled as Ben grabbed my hand. "Just for the record today counts as a date" "It does? Well where was my opportunity to say no?" I asked and he laughed "You loved our dates when we used to have the time" he answered me.

"Ben! The zoo!" I part yelled at him hugging him and he laughed "See! I know my wife!" he grinned and I smiled, I loved the zoo. Animals were my favourite thing in the world and the zoo was something I'd loved since I was a little kid. I had to admit since Bryony had come along dates had become few and far between, we'd had college and then he had work and we spent our summers on vacation as a family.

I stood watching the lemurs when he grinned at me "Can we buy Bryony one of them?" "Impossible Ben!" I answered him and he smiled "But with a lot of money thrown at it it probably wouldn't be" he reasoned and I nodded "You'd let us have one wouldn't you? These have to be the only thing at this zoo you always want to look at!" he laughed and I nodded.

"It's their eyes, they're so cool!" I mumbled and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, we spent the day wandering around when we left and he grabbed my hand as we walked down the street. "So where do you want to go for dinner?" I shrugged and he grinned at me. "Never one for a decision are you? Useless" he joked and I glared at him as he pulled me towards somewhere.

We sat down and he smiled to himself making me look at him "What?" "What's with the smile?" I quizzed and he laughed quietly "I'm just thinking it's been forever since we went on a date" he replied and I smiled at him. "It really has been, you're a shit husband if I'm honest" I teased and he shook his head at me, "Do you really think that?" "Yep" I grinned at him and he pouted at me. "Nah you're a good boy!" I reasoned and he just looked at me "You are a good boy, very well behaved" I offered and he smiled as the waiter came over and he ordered for us both.

We sat in a bar later after going home and then agreeing to meet Brett and Hannah, "You look pretty you know that?" he said quietly and I smiled at him "You're handsome and you smell pretty" I reminded and he laughed making me smile. "What's up?" I shook my head at him "Okay" he stated looking partly. Brett came and sat next to me as Ben chatted away at Hannah, "So did you fix things up?" he said quietly and I watched Ben nodding, "Really?" "Well we've not talked plans but yeah things are better. I think the problem is we want different things and neither of us want to ask for it, at the same time we've both got a lot on our minds" I explained and he looked worried.

"Nothing for brains to worry about, I think we hit our 'bored of things' phase. He resented this a bit I think in the past, I've held him back from things and we've had our problems with football in the past but I believe his issue now is me working" I admitted and he glanced over at them. "I never told you this but yes he hates the idea. You're in a routine and he likes it to be the way it is, he's just scared of the big change of it I think. You know you working, Bryony going off to school and he's going to have to be alone at home sometimes" he reasoned quietly and I sighed.

"I know but it's fine, try to tell him to not worry about it?" "Done deal!" he grinned shaking my hand and I smiled "Guys do you fancy going to a club or something?" Hannah asked and I shrugged as Ben grinned "We have no-one but ourselves to think about! Lets do this!" he nearly shouted and I laughed as they stood up and I grabbed my bag. Hannah forced Brett to dance and Ben followed them his hand tightly grabbing mine, "Thanks for today" I said into Ben's ear and he smiled at me "Anytime babe! It's been a good day" he replied and I smiled.

Ben held my body close to his and I smiled kissing him "I love you Roethlisberger!" "Whoa too soon!" he joked and I laughed at him, we both looked over to see Brett kiss Hannah and we looked at each other smiling "Them two are so getting married and having babies!" I reasoned and he nodded. "I'm sorry if I've been a bit of a menace with things" "Don't worry about it, any of it. Everything will be fine, you watch. When is it not for us? If we can have a kid in college we can be working parents, the pair of us" I reassured him and he nodded kissing me.