Status: finito.

Fight the Force

Now I'll surrender up my heart, and swap it for yours.

Elijah never had such an amazing birthday, his gifts, his surprise birthday lunch but most of all – he had Lilly with him. She paid him so much attention, as if he was greatest damn thing on earth. Elijah couldn’t understand how she looked at him like that.

It was the night time now, coming up to midnight and Elijah’s 22nd Birthday was almost over. For the first time, Lilly was staying at Elijah’s apartment for the night. They were entwined on top of Elijah’s bed, his iPod softly playing some music, music they both liked.

“I’m being serious when I say this…” Elijah said quietly. Lilly looked at him, examining his lovely face.

He looked troubled.

“Mmm…” Lilly murmured.

“This has been the best day of my life. I can’t ever repay you enough, beans – you’ve made this the most memorable birthday. I’ll remember it, always.” Elijah said deeply, and Lilly knew this was a side of him, he would rarely ever show.

Lilly sighed contently: “You’re welcome, but you don’t need to repay me. Having you is enough.” She replied, and Elijah shook his head.

“No it’s not. How can I be enough?” he argued, sounding almost ashamed. Lilly leaned up and kissed his cheek.

“Because I love you and you’re all I need, Elijah.” Lilly told him seriously.

The words scared him, yet Elijah knew she was being serious.

“I love you too.” He whispered, as he leaned down and kissed her. It didn’t take long to finish off where they began this morning, and it was within seconds that clothes were thrown to the floor.

“I can’t…” Elijah started to pull away, yet Lilly grabbed his face and forced him to look right at her, her chest panting, as her black bra was there in front of him, ready to be removed - ready for things to shift in their relationship.

“Yes, you can. I want to do this.” Lilly panted, but Elijah shook his head.

“You’ve already given me too much, taking your virginity is too much…I don’t…” he was about to say “deserve it.” Lilly stopped him, crushing her lips against his. His hormones desperately wanting to take over, his body reacting how it should when a beautiful woman did this to him.

“I trust you, Elijah.” She whispered, as he began to kiss down her neck.

That night, Lilly Edwards lost her virginity to Elijah Redding.

It was the best night of their lives.
--

Days passed, turning into Months – life went on as it always did.

Not every day was good, some were awful, bad, miserable or depressing.

Lilly was cleaning her room; Jude was on her bed, playing with his toys, giggling to himself. She heard the door, which was already open, knock. She turned swiftly, and smiled as Elijah walked in.

“Hi beans.” He greeted, and kissed her cheek, before picking Jude up, taking his spot, and allowing the young boy to sit on and hit his face softly.

Lilly giggled: “Thought you had work tonight?” she asked softly, as she was tidying bits and pieces away.

Elijah didn’t reply for a while, he was just staring at Jude, who was yawning and looking tired.

“Eli?” Lilly called, trying to get his attention. Elijah was still staring at Jude, in fascination as the little boy, curled up on his chest was beginning to fall asleep.

“How do they do that? Fall asleep so quickly?” Elijah whispered, and Lilly stopped what she was doing. She watched as Elijah was stroking Jude’s head – never normally this affection with the young boy, nevertheless Jude loved it.

“You okay, baby?” Lilly asked sweetly, as she sat on the side of the bed, tucking one leg underneath her. She touched Jude’s warm back, rubbing it softly.
Jude was dribbling slightly, but Elijah didn’t say a word – still watching him softly.

“My Mom called me today.” He mumbled suddenly, and Lilly’s eyes flew up and stared in shock.

From what Elijah had told her, his mother, Sarah hadn’t spoken to him in a long time since she got married, five years ago to her new husband, Paul.

They lived in Georgia, on Paul’s ranch – with horses and cows.

“What did she say?” Lilly asked, and Elijah just shrugged, not wanting to wake Jude.

“She’s had a kid – her name is Sophia.” Elijah continued to say so casually.

Lilly gawped: “You have a sister?” she stammered, and Elijah nodded numbly.

“She’s just turned four…Mom didn’t know how to tell me, so she decided not to.” Elijah said bitterly.

Lilly got closer to her boyfriend, and placed a comforting hand on his face.

“You okay?” she asked, just because.

Elijah, like always, shrugged.

“I might go visit.” Elijah continued, and Lilly looked at him, and smiled sadly.

“Will you come with me?” Elijah asked soon after. Lilly stared at him, then glanced at Jude, then back to Elijah’s face.

“Of course, sweetie.” She replied, kissing his head softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
karen's evil twin asked what the nickname "beans" was about, and I can't remember if I mentioned it when replying to her comment. I then thought what if the rest of you lovely people didn't know either.

Her nickname is beans due to when they first met, she was stocking a tin of baked beans :)

Ta-da!