We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

Lay With Me Here For A While

The next day and he’d text me to say he was going to the beach and bragging about how tanned he was going to be, ‘Now I ain’t bragging but with a tan I am irresistible babe so get ready for me to get even more attractive! I know what your thinking, how can that even happen? :) Love you xxxxxx‘ I read as I smiled. “Hey are you actually paying any attention?” someone stated and I looked to see a guy about my age “Wow nice manners” I said before ordering food.

I moved to the side waiting and he appeared next to me “Sorry for being snappy I’m just having a bad day” he offered and I nodded “Max” he stated and I looked at him “My names Max” he repeated “Oh, I’m Hayley” I replied and he smiled at me. I got my food and left, Thursday I was walking into the shop texting ‘You better not be watching movies, on the beach or drinking again! Love you xxxxxx’.

‘No movies since that one when I arrived, I’m not drinking because these 2 don’t and well I won’t lie I’m on the beach again! What is it about beaches and making you sleepy? How’s work? Love you xxxxxx’ Kevin replied and I smiled ‘It’s the sun and good actually :) love you xxxxxx’ I texted. ‘I bet you’ve got your room back to clean and tidy haven’t you Monica? ;) Love you xxxxxx p.s I miss you :(‘ “So you really don’t pay attention” I heard a voice say and I saw the boy from the day before smiling.

“Sorry” I said ordering and going to sit down ‘Yes I have got my room clean thank you very much and your still not funny Chandler! Aww I miss you too even if you are annoying :) Love you xxxxxx’ I replied smiling when someone put food on the table “Thank you” I offered smiling. My phone vibrated on the table and I grabbed it ‘I’m ignoring the annoying part of that last sentence and you know Monica and Chandler end up together ;) Love you xxxxxx’ “Are you attached to that thing?” someone asked and I looked to see Max sat at a table next to me.

“No I’m just talking to someone,” I answered and he nodded “Can’t they just ring you?” “They’re with their friends” I stated “What’s it to you anyway?” I asked and he shook his head “Nothing, I was just making conversation. I mean I see you in here most days” he replied and I nodded before eating. “So you work I take it?” “Yeah I work, you?” I said and he nodded “You on your lunch break?” “Yeah, you?” I replied and he shook his head “I’m just about to start, I work lunch through until 10pm” he explained and I nodded.

“So you live around here?” he asked and I nodded “I live the other side of town to this place, what school did you go to?” he said and I shook my head “I’m not from here, I went to school in Atlanta, Georgia” I answered and he nodded “Cool, why you move here?” “Just felt like a change and someone mentioned this place to me so I thought why not” I explained. My phone vibrated again ‘Babe does Mico have a brother because I swear to god I just saw his twin on the beach? Love you xxxxxx’ I read smiling ‘No he doesn’t have a twin or any brothers that I know of, your just daydreaming about Mico again! I am also aware of Monica and Chandler’s relationship, get off the beach and do something work-like! Love you xxxxxx’ I replied.

“So you really are attached to that thing, it goes off and your straight there to answer it” he stated and I put my phone back down finishing my lunch “Anyway I’ve got to go” I said standing up “Oh well it was nice talking to you Hayley” he replied and I nodded “You too, bye” I replied leaving.

Saturday came around and I wasn’t going to lie I was excited for Kevin to be back and from the text I got mid morning so was he ‘I get to see you today! Yay! Love you baby xxxxxx’. We always finished at 3 instead of 5 on a Saturday and at 3.05 my phone rang and I smiled as I answered it walking upstairs to my room “Guess whose home?” Kevin shouted and I laughed “Erm…” “Shut up it’s me” he cut in making me laugh.

“Oh well that’s not that exciting” I teased as I walked in my room “Charming! So I figured you’ve finished work so how about you come over to mine right now” he said and I pretended to be deciding “Hales!” he snapped and I laughed “I’ll be there in a bit” I replied “Well hurry up! Love you,” he said hanging up and I smiled getting changed before walking to his house. I knocked on the door only for him to rip it open smiling “Hayley!” he shouted at me and I laughed “Kevin” I replied and he grabbed me.

“Why do I get the feeling I’ve missed you more than you’ve missed me?” he asked as he pulled me in the house slamming the door “Because I haven’t been laid on the beach all day everyday with nothing to do” I stated as I hugged him. “Talking of beaches check out my tan” he said and I smiled “Your such a girl sometimes” I teased before kissing him and he smiled pulling me against his body “I missed you” he whispered before kissing me again this time deepening it.

I moved my hands to his hair as his tongue moved slowly against my own, I felt his hands on my waist before he slowly pulled away “Yeah definitely missed that” he said kissing me again and I smiled. “So I got sexier whilst I was away and you definitely are more pretty” he stated and I kissed him softly “Now I’m going to be a total man but babe can we go get food I’m starving?” he asked and I laughed nodding. He grabbed his phone pushing me to the door and we left together, things had definitely changed when we were out in public.

Before he found out the truth he’d hold my hand and kiss me but now he didn’t, he kept his distance from me and if we talked about anything related to us dating it was quietly. We walked in and he smiled “I’ll order go sit down” he said and I nodded walking to sit down, I saw him waiting in the queue and I smiled to myself. Okay so he was right he looks good with a tan, “Hayley” I heard someone say and I looked to see Max “Oh hi” I replied smiling “Your on lunch late” he stated sitting opposite me.

“Oh I’ve finished just coming to get something to eat” “Oh right, I start in an hour. You’ve not got your phone out are you feeling all right?” he joked and I laughed, “Yeah I’m fine, you know I’m not actually attached to it” I said smiling and I saw Kevin look over. “You working next week?” Max asked and I nodded “You?” “Yeah all week” he said and I nodded, he started telling me about something he’d been doing at work when Kevin walked over sitting next to me “Hi” he stated and Max looked at him smiling “Hey” Max replied.

“Max this is Kevin, Kevin Max” I introduced and Kevin nodded “Anyway I have to go better not be late for work, it was nice to meet you Kevin and I guess I’ll see you in the week Hayley. Bye” Max said getting up and leaving. “Max?” Kevin asked and I smiled “Some guy who I piss off when I text you and I don’t see it’s my turn to order, he’s going to work as I’m on my break and we both get food from here. He’s spoken to me a couple times,” I explained and he nodded.

“Thank you,” he said smiling as a girl put the food on the table in front of us “Your not pissed off are you?” I asked and he smiled shaking his head “Nope, just I distinctly remember the rule of not hanging out with random guys when I left” he joked and I laughed as he stole some of my food. “You always do that” “Yours always looks better that’s why, you know I mean it I missed you” he said quietly and I smiled at him “You were gone like 5 days” “Yeah well it doesn’t matter how long I can still miss you, stay over mine tonight?” he asked and I nodded stealing some of his food back and he laughed.

“So have you been up to much?” he asked and I shook my head “You?” “Just chilling out” he replied as he finished eating sitting back pressing his leg against mine making me smile. “You finished?” he said and I nodded “Lets go” he stated getting up and we left, “Man its so hot out today” he said as we walked in his house. I felt his fingers push through my own “Babe you know I didn’t mean to come across as being jealous before” he offered and I nodded as he pulled me into him, I put my hand on his neck kissing him and he smiled.

“Lets go outside” he said as he pulled away taking me outside with him and he collapsed on the grass of his backyard. I laid at his side in the shade and he moved his arm to around my neck “Your going to fall asleep aren’t you?” he asked “Probably” I stated and he smiled kissing me cheek “I’ve missed you falling asleep on me” he admitted and I kissed his neck. His fingers traced over my shoulder as my hand rested on his chest, I drifted off to sleep and I woke to feel him shift around next to me.

I saw his eyes were closed and I kissed his neck and he smiled squeezing my shoulders “Awake now are you?” he asked rolling to face me and I saw his phone fall off his leg “Why’s your phone out?” I said and he shook his head grabbing it quickly. “Why?” I repeated and he smiled at me “Kevin Skaff why’s your phone out?” I asked and he kissed me “I won’t forget, why’s your phone out?” I questioned and he shook his head as he went to kiss me again.

I moved away from him and he smiled putting his hand on my neck pushing his lips onto mine, I let him deepen the kiss and when he wasn’t thinking about it I grabbed his phone pulling away and he complained. “Hayley give me the phone,” he said smiling and I shook my head unlocking it going straight to his photos knowing what he’d done. Kevin had a habit of taking photos of me; or rather us and he’d obviously done it whilst I was asleep.

“I hate you so bad” I stated as I saw he’d been taking photos of us “No you don’t” he replied laughing “Your so cute when you sleep” he offered and I shook my head “You always do it to me” “Well stop falling asleep with me then” he cut back and I nodded “Fine I will” I snapped moving away and he pouted “I didn’t mean it” he whined. “Well I did” “Hales baby don’t leave me” he said and I shook my head wriggling further away “Hayley” he stated giving me puppy dog eyes and I tried not to look at him but it was inevitable and I rolled my eyes moving back to his side.

“You need to stop doing that while I’m asleep,” I warned and he laughed “Or what?” he asked and I looked at him “I’ll just hurt you” I replied and he winked at me “No winking, I’ll actually punch you one of these days” “Whatever, Hales babe you love me too much to inflict pain. I’m your boy and you wouldn’t hurt me” he bragged so I pinched his thigh and he cursed, “You little cow,” he snapped grabbing my wrist digging his fingers in slowly tightening his grip on me.

I told him to stop but he kept going until he was actually starting to hurt me, I reached over digging my nails into the skin of his hip and he let go. It descended into a full on play fight which he won by practically laying on me to stop me from being able to do anything, “I win” “Maybe but stop taking pictures” I snapped and he shook his head kissing me. “Fine I’ll just delete them all” I stated and he shook his head pouting at me taking the phone from my hands.

I leant over kissing him and he moved his lips against mine before smiling, I heard a thud and his hand appeared on my neck as he ran his tongue over my lip and I let him deepen the kiss. His tongue moved slowly against mine as he moved his hand to my leg hooking it over his waist and pulling me closer. It felt such a cliché but I knew we were wrong to be together but it felt so right, I never felt weird around him or uncomfortable. I never felt awkward or creeped out by the fact he was 9 years older than me, I never felt pressured to do anything with him, telling him the truth had actually made things seem easier. He had a way of making me feel like everything and anything was alright, I could tell him anything I wanted and he’d be there and I could do anything and he wasn’t going to care.