We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

Talk About Me To Your Friends, Please?

I was miles away from home, with nowhere to go and no family left and I felt a little lost and scared sometimes of what was next but then I spoke to him or I hung out with him and I felt fine, I felt like I was safe because he’d look after me and maybe I had a place here even if I never found my dad. He’d made it obvious earlier on in the relationship that he’d wanted to sleep with me but he was okay with me not being so keen and then when he found out he made it clear he still wanted that but he wanted to wait until I was 18, maybe he was covering his own back or maybe he was being good to me.

His fingers hooked through the belt loops of my shorts as he pulled away “I feel bad for leaving you after everything” he whispered pushing his forehead against mine “It’s fine” “Yeah but I feel like I force you to tell me something you didn’t want to and then I make you face up to something that’s really sad and then I just leave you to it” he admitted and I shook my head. “It’s fine, I didn’t mind. Maybe your right I just need to think about what I had and not what I lost” I explained and he smiled kissing me.

“Would you have told me eventually?” he asked and I shrugged “I knew I should tell you but I didn’t exactly want to bring it up myself. I feel better that you know, I get that its maybe really weird” I admitted “If you mean we’re weird then we’re not. Okay we are but it feels fine, I don’t go ‘Fuck she’s 17’ every time I kiss you. 2 out of 4 kisses I think that, I’m joking I don’t,” he said smiling and I rolled my eyes kissing him again.

“You know if you want to talk I’m always here, Hales I kind of took another photo” he said and I smacked his arm as he picked his phone up from where he’d dropped it, “Aww it’s a good one considering I wasn’t even looking” he bragged showing me it and I smiled. He’d obviously taken it when I kissed him “Okay so that one can stay” I replied and he smiled kissing my nose. “Love you beautiful,” he whispered hugging me into his body “You too you handsome tanned young man” I joked and he laughed, “Told you I looked damn good” he replied making me smile.

We went back inside and cooked dinner before going to bed. A month later and I was on my lunch break when Kevin rang me “Babe I can’t talk long I’m going around Alex’s but are you staying over mine tonight?” he asked “Why?” “Well it’s a friend of a friend’s birthday and they’re having a party, we’re all going,” he explained.

“Okay then, I’ll see you tomorrow then, you can come over mine for dinner if you want” I offered “No I didn’t mean it like that, I’m going to the party but I’ll be home for midnight so do you still want to stay over mine? I won’t be going until like 7 so stay over and I’ll be home at midnight” he asked and I sighed “Okay I guess” “If you don’t want to you don’t have to but I haven’t seen you in 2 days and I thought I’ll only be gone a couple hours” he reasoned and I smiled.

“Okay fine, you want me to come over straight after work?” I asked, “Yep I do” he replied and I heard the smile in his voice “Want me to bring dinner too?” “Yep, baby you know me so well. Right I have to go I just got here, I’ll see you later love you,” he said. “Hang on was you driving?” “No” “Liar!” I snapped and he laughed “Fine I had you on speakerphone though” “Makes no difference,” I stated “Ergh, fine I’m sorry. Breaking the law is becoming a habit of mine, see you later babe” he replied and I laughed “Bye you rebel” I said hanging up.

I stopped off buying dinner on my way over later “Kevin come on it’s raining!” I shouted only to hear him laugh ad he opened the door “Sorry babe” he said as I walked past him into the kitchen. We ate dinner before he grabbed a shower and I tidied up, his phone rang and I knew better than to answer it. It rang twice more and I groaned getting up “Kevin your phone keeps ringing!” I shouted “Who is it?” he replied from the bathroom “Alex” “Answer it, tell him it’s Hayley he’ll know who you are” he replied “You sure?” “Yeah,” he shouted and I smiled that he’d told his friends about me.

I walked back to the lounge to hear it ringing again and I felt nervous talking to his friend “Hello” I said “Finally…oh hang on, your not Kevin” a voice stated “No sorry he’s in the shower, it’s Hayley” I replied. “Oh hi Hayley, its Alex but then the caller ID told you that already. It’s nice to finally meet you if that’s what this is, erm do you know if Kevin’s coming tonight?” he asked.

“You too and yeah he said he’s leaving at 7” “Can you ask him how he’s getting there please? I’m making you sound like his receptionist aren’t I, sorry” he offered and I laughed getting up “Skaff your friend wants to know how you’re getting there tonight” I said hearing the shower wasn’t on anymore “I’m driving, tell him I’ll give him a ride if he wants but I’m leaving at midnight” he replied. “He says he’s driving and you can go with him but he’s leaving at midnight” I relayed “Okay thanks, tell him to pick me up and I’ll crash with Josh tonight or something” “Okay, he’s out the shower now if you want him” I said.

“Nope that was all I wanted, thanks. It was nice talking to you, hopefully we’ll actually see you sometime soon instead of just having to hear about you constantly” he replied “You too and yeah hopefully” I stated “Okay bye” “Bye” I replied hanging up. “Yeah he wants a ride and he’s crashing with Josh I think he said,” I shouted as I walked back to the lounge “Yeah it’ll be Josh” “He also said hopefully he’ll meet me instead of just hearing about me constantly” I stated and he appeared at the bedroom door in his boxers “Do you tell your friends about me?” I asked smiling.

“Yeah I do, they all know I have a girlfriend called Hayley. It’s been 3 months Hales, they know everything to know apart from the stuff we keep between us,” he offered as he pulled his top on. “Such as?” “Well I don’t know maybe your age, they’ve never asked so I’ve never told. Hales baby I’m not going to tell my friends things about us that are between us, I tell them stupid stuff like we went for breakfast or we watched a certain movie and stuff like that. As far as I’m concerned your mine so I keep things about us that I don’t want people knowing to myself and that’s the way it stays, they know what you look like because Josh stole my phone to play games on it and saw the picture of us kissing and promptly showed them all but they know nothing about us as a couple” he reassured and I nodded.

“Kevin put pants on please,” I teased and he shook his head making me laugh “What time is it?” he shouted as he walked back into the bedroom “6!” I replied “Okay I have to go at half past if I’m picking Alex up, do you even know what they look like?” he asked and I shook my head. “Hang on” he said wandering off into the kitchen as I flicked through the TV, a song came on the music channel “Kevin who sings this?” I shouted and I heard him stop moving.

“Erm, sounds like The Maine to me. Does it say something about talking about God?” he asked “I don’t know, I like the song I don’t know all the words” I replied and he laughed walking back through with a drink “Yeah it’s The Maine, you like them?” he said and I shrugged “I like this song” “I think I have their album somewhere if you go looking for it” he replied sitting at my side. “Here, this is Alex and I. The guy you just spoke to” he said handing me his phone and I nodded “And I think I have one of Josh and me on here as well, yeah there you go. I was very drunk that night,” he explained and I smiled at the picture of him kissing some guys cheek.

“I haven’t got any of the others I don’t think but if you googled us you’d find them. How fucking arrogant am I?” he said laughing and I rolled my eyes “Hey babe you ever thought of googling your dad?” “Yeah but I don’t know what he looks like so it wouldn’t help me” I replied, “Yeah but you could try facebook or something, everyone has a facebook” “I don’t” I stated. “You don’t?” I shook my head “Oh, well get one! I have one. We can be friends,” he said smiling.

“Why would I want the world to know I’m friends with you?” I joked “Your very funny, Alex got me in shit couple weeks back. He did an interview and they asked who was in relationships in the band and he said only Josh was available to date, then when people read it they started to ask who I was dating because I’d always been the single one. I had to backtrack quickly and say Alex had meant only Josh was actively looking and that I was still single,” he explained. I nodded “Hey it’s not because I don’t want people knowing, I’d tell the world if I could but you know I can’t right now. That’ll all change soon though, I promise,” he reasoned and I nodded kissing him and he put his hand on my neck deepening it.

We sat kissing before he saw the time “Right I have to go, I’ll be home for around midnight, I’ll be quiet when I come in I promise. Love you babe,” he said kissing me “Okay have fun, you too” I replied and he kissed me a final time before leaving. I sat watching TV when I remembered what he’d said about that cd so I looked for it only to get pissed off with the fact they were everywhere and I knew he’d tease me over it but I but them into alphabetical order, I couldn’t find it but I knew he had more cd’s somewhere.

I heard my phone and picked it up to see it was a text from Kevin ‘Alex is now bragging he’s spoken to you, I’ll see you later :) Love you xxxxxx’ I read smiling before going for a shower; I got changed into my pyjamas walking back to the lounge lying on the couch watching TV.