We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

Parents, Really? So Soon?

I was sat in my room when I heard a familiar voice and my door opened before he jumped on my bed and I smiled at him “Hey Hales” he smiled kissing my cheek and I laughed “Hey Kevin” I replied. “Come on I brought us dinner” he grinned at me and I stood up before he grabbed my hand “About earlier, sorry I was a bit rude. Being all ‘her boyfriend’” he offered and I nodded opening the door.

“Thanks!” one of the guys said smiling eating pizza and I looked around “You know they love it when you come over because they know you’ll bring us all pizza” I said and he laughed “Got to get in with the guys haven’t I! Plus I feel bad eating in front of them” he stated and I nodded sitting down. We spent the night with the guys before saying night and going to my room, he wandered out my shower as I was in bed and I felt him climb in the bed.

“Kevin get out” I grumbled and he laughed quietly “No laughing, out” I snapped at him and he grabbed me kissing my neck “Aww come on, this is my bed” I complained as he rubbed his head in the pillows and I smacked his chest “Can’t kick me out now I got the pillows wet so you’ll have to live with it” “Why can’t you just be normal and not get out the shower soaking and proceed to get in bed?” I grumbled as he laughed against my skin.

“Because then you’d have nothing to complain about and you love to grumble at me for shit” he replied and pushed myself further into his body as he hugged me against him. Yes he was still relatively wet from the shower but he was warm and he was Kevin, it was kind of hard to not want to cuddle up to him. He pushed his forehead to mine as my fingers ran though his hair playing with it and I felt his lips press lightly onto mine, he pulled away before moving back kissing me again.

“Sorry about earlier, I was a douche bag for no reason. My parents have got me stressing out; they have that affect on me! I know I shouldn’t ring you at work but I needed someone to vent to and well you’re good for that, about the only thing you are good for” he whispered and I smiled at him. “I’m joking! You’re good for stress relief too” he grinned digging his fingers in my side and I pulled at his hair. “We’re going to dinner tomorrow with my parents, they’re very…weird I’ll warn you now. If it’s inappropriate dad will say it and mom will make everything more awkward by letting him, so if they offend you they don’t mean to that’s just them being normal” he reasoned and I kissed him.

He tightened his arm around me and I smiled into the kiss “Kind of like you then yeah?” I asked and he smiled “Totally like me but then I heard you love me so you’ll be cool with them” “Who told you that?” I questioned. “Oh I heard it around” he joked “Yeah well that’s a wild rumour, I just happen to be fond of you” I teased and he laughed kissing my nose “Well I’m fond of you too, hey Hales don’t you think it’s mighty weird how we met?” he stated and I laughed.

“Mighty weird, you are so strange! In a way yes but actually no, the way it happened is so you so I guess it’s really quite cute” I admitted, “What do you mean?” “Well you’re clumsy and you can’t do 2 things at once, just the whole thing suits you” I explained and he smiled. “I guess, I think it’s weird I ended up here with you” he mumbled closing his eyes “What’s that meant to mean?” I asked feeling worried.

“Well you’re everything I’m not, you have qualities I said I’d never look for and you just go against everything I like” he said keeping his eyes closed and I just looked at him “What the hell Kevin!” I snapped smacking his arm and his eyes shot open “What?” “What you just said!” I stated. “Well it’s true! I like completely different things to you, we’re worlds apart in most ways. Our upbringings, where we’re from, what we like and all that are vastly different. I always thought I had a distinct type and well you are not it, I always say my ideal woman would like the same things I do. You don’t have much of an interest in music or basketball, we like different movies, TV shows and everything” he listed and I looked at him.

“So what’s that meant to mean?” I asked and he shrugged “I just never ever thought that you’d be a person I ended up with” “Yeah well thanks for that!” I grumbled and he smiled. “Chandler and Monica were the same,” he stated and I smiled “I like that I ended up here though, everything I thought I didn’t want turns out I love it” he reasoned. “Yeah well you’re hardly the perfect type are you?” I joked and he looked at me “Meaning?” “Well I never figured I’d date some old guy in a shitty band,” I teased.

“Hey my band’s not shitty! And I’m not old!” he grumbled and I laughed at him “You kind of are! But it’s okay because you’re cute with it and how can I deny that really hey?” I asked and he kissed me. “I love our romantic conversations,” he laughed as I kissed his shoulder kissing up his neck and when I got close enough he pushed his lips on to mine. His hand tangled into my hair as mine traced along his lower back as he deepened the kiss, it wasn’t long before he pulled away complaining and I looked at him.

“I hate being at your place” “Why?” I said as I kissed at his neck “Because…” he trailed off as I reached his ear moving along his jaw before kissing down his chest “Because?” I asked “Because we can’t have sex and you are making me rather keen to do so right now” he said as I laughed. “What is with the mighty weird and rather keen? You going posh on me or something?” I joked and he nodded “Come here” he smiled and I kissed him as his fingers dug in to my neck.

“Do you think your mom would mind that I’m older?” he asked and I looked at him “She liked most people, she’d maybe freak out about age but then she was cool about most things. Hell the woman ran away from faith camp so she’s cooler than I ever thought” I laughed and he smiled kissing me. “She does sound significantly cooler than my mom” “Yeah? I’m significantly cooler than you though,” I teased and he laughed as he hugged me against him.

“Babe do you mind if we keep your age quiet until after dinner? I just want them to know you before I say anything because they might shout at me and well I don’t want that at dinner” he explained, I nodded “Will they be weird?” “Yes, they’ll freak out and shout at me. I don’t care though, it’s not their life,” he reasoned and I laughed.