We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

Date Night

So far I’d gotten away with things, the people at the hotel suspected I was over 18 and therefore it was okay for me to live in their hotel alone, I’d been paying in cash that I’d taken out my bank account back in Orlando totally maxing out the amount I could draw at the time but money was running low now and I only got an allowance until I was 18 when I got all the money from my mom and the house and everything else.

Some how being away from Atlanta made it seem like nothing was real, it seemed like I’d moved out not like I’d had no choice because mom had died and honestly I’d blocked it from my memory. I was living in a fairy world where I could go back to see my mom if I chose, I carried on emptying my bags in some attempt to make the place feel like a home even though I knew it wasn’t.

It wasn’t long before I realised it was 6 so I grabbed a shower getting dressed and heading downstairs, “Hi I spoke to someone earlier and they said if I book the room for a month I get it cheaper?” I asked and the woman nodded explaining to me and I smiled as I saw Kevin wander in. “Okay when do I need to pay by?” I questioned “If you book for a month from now then exactly a month today is the last date we need your payment by but you can pay in smaller amounts if it makes it easier for you” “Okay thank you” I said walking off.

“Hey, you getting thrown out already?” he joked “Yeah” I replied and he laughed ”I hope your joking” “No I really am getting thrown out” I said and he looked at me before smiling “Anyway you playing hard to get with me?” he asked. “What made you think that?” I asked, “Well you leave me waiting around a few days before texting me” “Oh I just never found your note until then” I admitted.

“So you like Ocala then?” “I’m not really sure, not been far. I need a job though if I plan on staying to find out” I said “Well there’s 2 in town that I know of, you know the street I walked into you on? Well if you kept going the way I was walking there’s 2 places down there” he explained and I nodded.

We got to wherever he was walking and sat down, he thought he was hilarious and I hated to admit it but he kind of was really funny. He was nice and I genuinely liked him but he definitely thought I was older than I was although how old he was I wasn’t exactly sure, he refused to split the bill and paid before we left and it was dark outside. “I’ll walk you home” he said “Well it’s hardly home but thanks” I replied as he smiled “So you just picked Ocala randomly?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I guess it was pretty random, someone mentioned it to me once and I thought I’d see what it was like” I said “You not like Georgia then?” “Yeah but I just felt like I needed to get away” I stated. “Are you from here?” “Nope, I moved here for work” he replied and I smiled “Cool” “Yo Mico how’s it going man?” he shouted over the road and the guy held his hand up keeping walking.

“Remember I said about them jobs, Mico has one going. I warn you though he’s a got a reputation of not being totally above board, lets just say not all his workers are legal but the guys so nice nobody ever says anything” he explained “So what he employs illegal workers?” I asked, “Yeah pretty much, most of the guys you see in that place aren’t legit but he pays cash and treats them well,” he stated and I nodded. “Mico’s his real name?” “Oh who knows, nobody knows his real name I don’t think. He used to be an illegal worker until he married a citizen and they had a kid together so now he lives here legally” he explained.

We got to the hotel “You can come up if you want, I mean it’s hardly a house but hey” I offered “Yeah okay” he replied following me, “Why do girls do this? They make everyone look like a home,” he stated as we walked in my room. “I just took stuff out my bags that’s all” “Yeah but it looks like you actually live here, this place looks more like a home than my house does” he said “I do actually live here” I replied.

“I guess you do, you don’t have to clean up or anything. That’s so cool” he stated as he sat next to me on the bed, we sat watching TV laughing at Family Guy together before he groaned “It’s 1am I should get home” he mumbled getting up, I pushed myself up following him to the door “Well thanks for not playing hard to get for any longer” he joked “I wasn’t! Thanks for not eating my food” I teased making him laugh.

“I try, maybe we could do something later in the week?” he asked “Yeah sure” I replied smiling as he opened the door “Okay well I’ll text you or something tomorrow” “Okay, thanks for tonight” I offered “Anytime, see you” he said leaning forward kissing my cheek before leaving and I shut the door smiling.

I got ready for bed to hear my phone beep ‘I had fun tonight, I don’t know if I mentioned it but you looked really pretty xxx’ it read and I smiled before climbing into bed ‘Me too and thanks, your pretty handsome when your not throwing drinks on people :) xxx’ I replied. ‘Thanks, night xxx’ he texted before I turned the TV and lights off going to sleep.