We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

This Isn't Hard Here

We had dinner before walking back to the hotel together “How’s working at Mico’s going?” he asked as we walked into my room “Good, he’s actually really nice” I admitted “Yeah he is, how he’s never gotten himself into serious trouble I don’t know. I mean half of the people at that place don’t even speak English” “I know, I met his wife the other day. She’s not American,” I said and he looked at me “Really? Everyone says she’s a citizen that’s why he can stay here” “She’s a citizen but she’s not American, she’s Portuguese but she was born in America and lived here for 6 months before she was moved back to Portugal to be with her family. Her parents are both Portuguese but they did that thing where people fly to a country to give birth so their kid gets the passport” I explained and he smiled.

“How do you know this?” “I’m the only other girl there so she tells me things, she moved here 8 years ago on a work permit and then applied to become a full citizen. Because she was born here there’s not a lot they can do so she was granted it and then she met Mico, they got married and she got pregnant. His real name isn’t Mico but I’ve not got as far as to what his real name actually is” I admitted. “Look at you knowing everything, you’ll be a gossip or the subject of gossip when people find out you work there” “That’s the thing people work in the back so you never see them, that way you don’t know who does or doesn’t work for him. He’s pretty clever if you ask me,” I stated.

“Yeah he is, I bet he’s actually evil but he just acts nice so people don’t drop him in it with the feds. You looking for anywhere to live?” “Well Mico offered me somewhere to live but I have to share with some of the others so we’ll see, for now I can afford this so it’s okay” I replied. His fingers played with my own as he held my hand before he rested them on his leg, he started to laugh at the program on TV and I smiled “This has to be my favourite TV show” I stated “Seriously?” “Yeah, I know everyone knows about it and stuff but Friends never fails to make me laugh. Plus you can always relate people to a character in the show” I admitted.

“Who am I then?” “Easy Chandler, you think your really funny” I said and he glared at me “I am funny” “Point proven” I joked laughing and he moved has hand to my side digging his fingers into my ribs making me laugh “Well your Monica because you notice when I move stuff around in here” he teased “No I don’t” “Yes you do! I moved a picture the other day and you noticed straight away, I see that look on your face when I just throw stuff down at my place” he cut back. “What look?” “The look that says piss off out the room so I can put it where it needs to be” he teased and I smiled “See you’re a Monica” “Well I’d rather be tidy than unfunny” I cut back “I’m not unfunny, you laugh at the things I say all the time” he replied smiling before kissing me.

He smiled into the kiss moving his hand to my neck, his fingers moved slowly over my skin applying small amounts of pressure. He pulled away before kissing my cheek and moving to lay down keeping his eyes on the TV, he put his hand on my leg as I sat at his side. “Man I don’t care if I’m a Chandler that guys hilarious” he stated making me laugh before I moved to lay next to him, he shook his head still watching TV.

We laid watching TV when he kept nudging my foot with his own and I looked at him to see he kept smiling every time he hit my foot, he did it again and I elbowed him and he laughed “I warn you now I am one of the worlds most annoying individuals” “Great” I replied smiling, he kept nudging my foot and I tried to ignore him but I couldn’t so I smacked his chest and he laughed grabbing my hand. He squeezed my hand in his own before pulling me into his side wrapping his arm around my neck, he smiled kissing me again before looking back at the TV as I rested my hand on his chest.

I woke up later in the darkness rubbing my eyes to feel something over me and I sat up to find it was Kevin’s jacket; I grabbed my phone to see what time it was to see there was a note saved on it. I clicked on it ‘Hey babe, you fell asleep. I went home, I would’ve woken you up but you looked too cute sleeping. I’ll talk to you in the morning :) Night xxx’

I smiled before crawling into my bed going to sleep. I woke up the next morning getting ready and going to work and on my break I walked to the street my dad apparently lived on, I saw a guy walk out the house who looked in his mid 20’s and there was no chance he could be my dad. My mom was 16 when she had me and I’d always understood my dad was around the same age meaning my dad would have to be in his early 30’s at the youngest “Hey” he said as he walked past and I looked at him “Hi” I answered and he smiled walking off.