We Can Lay With Our Eyes Closed

Time Heals Us

I got home grabbing a shower and getting changed before walking back to Mico’s, it got to 10am and I was sat watching TV with Mico’s son and he kept reading me stories when my phone beeped ‘I got dressed and left the house? Are you proud of me? xxxxxx’ I smiled ‘So very proud, by dressed you do mean more than boxers right? xxxxx’ I replied.

‘The boys don’t seem as impressed as you are though and yes I have pants on today, oh well! Your boyfriend is very talented xxxxxx’ he texted ‘Really? Do I even know who your talking about? Xxxxx’ I joked back and he replied straight away ‘Your funny! I’m going to see my girlfriend later so don’t text me yeah? Xxxxxx’.

Mico and his wife got back and I left for the hotel when I saw the guy who I’d seen outside the house where my father supposedly lived with another guy walking towards me. “Jeremy are you heading down to the studios today or are we just staying at yours?” the guy asked “Mine it think, not supposed to be going to see Andrew for a couple weeks yet” the guy answered as they walked past.

So his name was Jeremy, definitely not the Tom my mom had mentioned. I got back in to my room showering before putting my old sim card into my phone to see I had countless missed calls and messages, I sighed dialling the number “Hello” the voice said and I sighed “Hey it’s Hayley” I said. “Hayley, oh my god, where are you?” she asked “I’m fine, I know I said I’d ring or whatever but I’ve been fine and I’m okay really” I explained. “Where are you?” she asked again “Out of Georgia, did you get the note I left? I’m sorry but I really couldn’t just go to some foster home and there was nobody else I had to go to. I wasn’t expecting you to look after me so I left and I’m looking after myself now” I admitted.

“Hayley your 17 you can’t look after yourself” my neighbour said “I can and I do, I work and I live somewhere. I’m fine really” I reassured. “Hayley come home please?” she asked “This is my home now, I had to sell my home. I’m so grateful for everything you guys did for me when you had no reason to do it but I think leaving was the best thing for me, I’m happy and I’m fine” “Hayley your 17 years old your not old enough to live on your own” she replied. “I’m fine okay, did you tell anyone?” I asked “We had no choice, the foster home were going to notice when you didn’t turn up so we had no choice but to say you weren’t here anymore” she answered and I nodded.

“We told them you’d gone to live with some cousins you had in New York but they don’t believe us, they’ll be looking for you and you know it. Why don’t you come back here and we can work around this, you could live with us” she offered and I shook my head “I can’t, I like it where I am” “Hayley you’re a 17 year old girl, please tell me you don’t live in some house with god knows how many others?” she asked and I laughed.

“No I live in a hotel at the minute but I’m looking for somewhere to live, I work everyday. I walk about 5 minutes to work, the people I work for are really nice” “And what about your friends?” she asked, “When did I have vast amounts of friends anyway? I have some friends here, I get on with the people I work with and then I met someone on the first day here and we’re good friends now” I explained referring to Kevin. “I don’t know about this” “I know but really I’m happier here then I would be back in Georgia, I told you I’d ring you so I am doing. Thank you for everything and for not telling them I just ran off. I promise I’ll keep in touch,” I offered and she sighed.

“Okay but if you ever need anything you know where we are okay?” she asked “Yeah I know, I hope your okay” “We’re fine, better for knowing you are” she said. We talked for a while before I said I had to go hanging up, I must’ve fallen asleep because I woke up to hear Kevin “Hales open the door” he said and I groaned getting up and wandering over. I opened it to see him stood with pizza in his hands “You were asleep weren’t you?” he asked walking in and I shook my head sitting back on the bed “Yes you were, you’ve got that ‘I just woke up’ look about you” he stated putting the pizza down.

We sat eating it before I collapsed on the bed “Your bad for my health, all I ever do is eat pizza and lie around” he grumbled “Go home then, anyway I thought you were going to see your girlfriend tonight?” I asked and he nodded as he lay at my side “I’m seeing her right now” he stated kissing me and I smiled kissing him back.

We laid watching TV as I snuggled into his side and he smiled hugging me against him, true to form I woke up later on to find the TV still on and him asleep next to me. I rolled over getting up grabbing my pyjamas; I wandered to the bathroom getting changed seeing that it was 2am before wandering back to the bed turning the TV off. I rubbed my eyes as Kevin rolled over and I shook my head kissing him and he kissed me back “Get up” I said quietly.

“Is it morning?” he asked keeping his eyes closed “It’s 2am if that answers your question” I answered “Ergh, okay I’m up. I’ll go” he said rubbing his eyes “No you can stay here but just get in the bed rather than laying on it” I replied “You sure?” he asked and I nodded before crawling under the covers lying down. About 2 minutes later I felt him get in the bed, his arm moved to my waist before he kissed my shoulder and I rolled to face him.

“Night” he said kissing me “Night” I replied kissing him again and he smiled closing his eyes keeping his arm around me. I woke up the next morning to feel him laid next to me, he shifted around rolling over before kissing my shoulder and I smiled. His phone rang and he grumbled rolling over looking for it “Hello” he said quietly “Yeah okay, did I really need to know this early?” he asked making me smile “Yeah I’ll be there, see you later you jackass” he stated hanging up.

I heard him throw his phone down and I laughed “Shut up you” he grumbled at me making me laugh more “I said shut up already” he snapped pushing my shoulder. I rolled over smacking his arm “Get lost will you?” he asked and I pointed to the door and he shook his head leaning down to kiss me but I moved away making him laugh. He grabbed me holding me still while he pressed his lips against mine, I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck and he deepened the kiss moving over me.

His hand fell to my side pushing slightly under my top to rest on my waist, I felt his hand slowly move down to my shorts as we kept kissing “Kevin” I said as I broke away and he smiled kissing me again “I know” he stated pressing his lips against my own. He’d never been bothered about the fact I didn’t want to do anything more than make out with him, “Hales babe is this a me thing or a general thing?” he asked as his fingers gripped my hip “A general thing” I replied and he nodded kissing me.

“I don’t have an issue with it I was just wondering if you didn’t trust me or something” he said and I shook my head, “I’m sorry if my stupid friend woke you up, who rings someone at 8am to tell them that we’re meeting at 12pm at his house?” he asked rolling his eyes and I smiled “You need new friends” I joked making him smile “Can’t complain much, they’re the guys from the band so I deal with it” he stated making me laugh.

“Don’t you have work?” he asked as he lay down and I shook my head “Mico’s given me the day off for babysitting yesterday” “He’s a good guy that one” he said smiling as I kissed him. He got up later on going home to see his friends telling me he’d ring later.