Priceless Love

Elevator Talk

Urrrgg! I felt as if I did not have faith on my side. I was stuck, in an elevator, with five boys that freaking annoyed me to death. Plus the guy was still screaming.

"Are you okay, love?" the guy with the curly hair and dimples asked, smirking. "You look a little pale."

"I'm perfectly fine." I snapped, clearly annoyed. "Gosh, can you please stop shrieking? It's so hard to concentrate when you're caterwauling like that!"

"Wow, feisty? And caterwauling?" The blond one asked, confused.

"Look it up yourself blondie." I said, smirking.

All of a sudden we heard a voice through the loud speakers, "ATTENTION ALL GUESTS. THE ELEVATORS ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF ORDER. IF YOU ARE INSIDE ONE, DO NOT PANIC. OUR TEAM IS WORKING THEIR BEST TO GET YOU OUT. IT MIGHT TAKE AT LEAST 10 HOURS TO RELEASE YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY."

"Whaat?!? 10 hours? AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Oh no. Please no. The guy was screaming, again.

"Dude, did you not hear what the guy said? DO NOT FREAKING PANIC!" I said, frustrated and angry.

He screamed even more. Although I knew he was just trying to get on my nerves, he was so dramatic. How lame.

After a while, he finally stopped screaming.

"So, what's your name little girl?" the dimple guy asked.

"Okay, so first off, little girl? Are you blind? And second. Why the heck would I tell you my name when I don't even know you guys?" I asked.

They stared at me in shock and confusion. It was an awkward silence until the guy with the brown hair/eyes asked, "So you don't know who we are then?"

"Uh no. Wait -actually yeah I do know you guys. Five completely immature boys!"

"Hurtful!" the black haired guy said dramatically.

"Well, shall we introduce ourselves love?" the dimple guy asked.

"Go for it. I don't care." I said bored.

"Okay, so I'm Harry." the dimple guy said.

"I'm Zayn." the black haired guy said.

"Liam." the brown hair/eyes guy said.

"The names Louis!" the dramatic guy said in a happy-cheery voice.

"Hi! I'm Niall!" he said giving me a big giant hug.

"Uh, excuse me, Niall? Can you please get off of me? I'm very claustrophobic." I said, with absolutely no emotions in my voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Niall said with a sad look on his face.

"So love, we told you our names, so why don't you tell us yours?" Louis(I think?) asked me mischievously.

"Oh, yeah. My name is.. um.. Lauren... um.. Christian." I lied. No way was I gonna strangers my real name.

"You sure about that... Lauren?" The Harry guy asked.

"Uh, I think I know my own name." I said, rolling my eyes.

"True, however love, according to someone named... Jenny Taylor, your name is actually Callie." Harry said while scrolling through my phone.

Shoot. I was caught. Guess I should tell them my -wait!!

"HEY, WHY DO YOU HAVE MY PHONE???!?!" I yelled, grabbing it from Harry.

"Hey, it was just lying there, buzzing like crazy!" Harry said defensively.

"Whatever. Just don't touch it EVER again." I said, scrolling through the texts that Jenny sent.

"So, your name is not Lauren?" Liam asked, very confused.

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p', " I'm actually Calliandra Roberts."

"Oh." they all said in unison. I giggled.

"So your from the States right?" Zayn asked.

"Yep. I'm starting college at the University of Cambridge soon."

"Wow, you must be very smart." Louis said.

"Uh sure?" I said, awkwardly.

I checked my phone. It was 12:24. I wasn't tired, however the boys looked like they were going to fall asleep any second. So I grabbed a water bottle from my bag and first splashed it on Zayn, then on Liam, Niall, Louis, and lastly Harry. They all instantly shot up.

"Hey! What was that for?!?!" Zayn asked.

I don't want my entertainments to fall asleep." I said chuckling.

"AHHH MY HAIR!!" Harry screamed, trying to fix it, while the rest of us were laughing our asses off.

"Okay, I'm freaking bored. Let's play a game!" I said excitedly.

"And I think the lads and I know the perfect game..." Louis said, very mischievously.

---

"TRUTH OR DARE!!!!" They all screamed.

I just stared at them. "What? Truth or dare? Isn't it sorta small in here to play that?"

"There is never a place we can't play truth or dare." Niall stated.

"Okay, fine. Let the games begin!"

---

"Okay, hmm... Zayn... I dare you to... straighten Harry's hair." I grinned.

They all looked at me like I was stupid or something. "Uh Calliandra, we don't have a straightener." Liam said.

"Okay, first, I'd rather you call me Callie. Second, way to state the obvious Liam. And third, you guys don't have one, but I do." I said, as I pulled a mini hair straightener out of my purse, while the guys stared at me dumbfounded.

"Hey, I come prepared." I giggled, while handing the cordless object to Zayn, "Now, go ahead, do it!"

Louis, Liam, and Niall were chanting, "GO, GO , GO!!!!" while I was laughing like crazy. Zayn looked really scared, and Harry looked like he was going to cry.

3, 2, 1.....

---

After a couple more truths and dares, Harry ended up with straight hair, Zayn had a bruised arm, Niall looked like he was gonna puke, Louis was red to the face, and Liam looked perfectly fine.

"Okay Callie, your turn. Truth or dare?" Louis asked.

"Truth." I said confidently.

"Urrg! You are such a Liam!" Louis pouted.

I laughed. Liam was the only one who picked truth, which is why he wasn't hurt or anything.

"I don't want to make Liam feel like a loner." I laughed.

"Well, anyways...I think I have the perfect question..."

Oh no, this was not gonna be good....

"...If you had any chance to date one of us, who would it be?"

"OOHHH, that's a good one!" Niall said bouncing up and down.

I could feel all eyes on me. My answer was simple. "None of you guys."

"Hurtful!!" Louis said dramatically.

"Listen, just because I'm playing a game of Truth or Dare with you guys doesn't mean that I actually like you. I still hate you. I'm just passing time." I snapped.

"Wow, that was harsh..." Zayn mumbled.

---

About one hour later, Zayn, Niall, Harry, and Louis were fast asleep. I sat next to Liam while he was playing with my hair. It was annoying, but I let it go.

"Do you really mean what you said earlier, love?" he asked me.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, but yes. I mean, I came to the UK for Cambridge, not meet boys and stuff. So the thought of me dating is horrid."

"Oh." he replied looking at my hands.

Uncomfortable, I pulled my phone out from my bag. Damn, it was 4:12 am here in the UK, which meant that in my jet-lagged world, it was 10:00 pm, and my eyes were starting to become heavy. Hey, I guess I could go to sleep for 2 hours and wake up in time to meet with Jenny. I repositioned myself so that I would feel comfortable.

"Night Liam." I murmured.

He chuckled. "Morning Callie." he said, as he kissed the top of my head....

---

I woke up to a crazy buzzing phone, and extremely loud laughing. "Mmm. Katie, tell your friends to keep it quiet!" I murmured, rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry love, but this is your carrot loving mate Louis, and the other lads."

My eyes shot open. Dang, I forgot that I was stuck in an elevator. I forgot that my head was resting on Liam's chest. I slowly pulled myself off of him, and sat upright, leaning against one of the elevator walls for support. "Wait... what time is it?"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and found 27 missed calls and 34 text from Jenny, all asking where the hell I was. Shoot. It was nine o'clock in the morning. Guess I should call Jenny and explain to her my situation. "Hey, guys, can you please shut up for a moment, I need to call someone." I said, while looking for Jenny's phone number.

"Ring...ring...ring. Cal, you have a whole lot of explaining to do! Where the hell were you? I thought we were suppose to look for an apartment together! You said six o'clock!!!"

"Jen, calm down, I have a perfectly reasonable explanation." I said while looking at the guys. The all grinned at me in response.

"Explain then."

---

I explained how I got trapped in an elevator with the boys, and how we were still trapped inside.

"Fine, I'll just go to your hotel and wait for you okay?" she said. "OH, and don't go making out with any of the guys." she added with a giggle.

"Well you know me Jen, so forward with guys. Promise I won't do anything with them. Bye" I said, before hanging up.

---

I spent the next hour with the boys learning more about them. I found out that Niall really loves food, Zayn likes to look at himself in the mirror, Louis is seriously obsessed with carrots, Harry sleeps naked (Ew.), and that Liam is super uptight (Like me!). And they learned that I had one sister (Katie), likes Chinese food, and wants to be a doctor when I grow up.

I was in the middle of telling them a story about how my dad and mom took home the wrong kids when Katie and I went to a fair once, but I was interrupted by the elevator door being forced opened. FINALLY, I was free. I got up, grabbed my purse, and my phone from Harry and walked out of the elevator.

"Okay, so I'm probably not gonna see you ever for the rest of my life so, no need to exchange numbers right?" I asked once we all got off at the 43rd floor.

"Nah, we'll keep in touch love. We put our numbers in your phone, and your number in our phones." Niall said grinning.

"Oh, okay then." I said as I walked up the stairs. No way was I gonna risk getting stuck in an elevator again.

---

It took about 15 minutes until I got on the 72nd floor... with the guys still following me. I stuck my key in the door and opened it. I immediately could smell Jenny's Chanel perfume that she had let me borrow. Looks like I was too busy smelling the room because the boys just walked into my hotel room and started jumping on the couch. "Sure, why don't you guys come inside." I muttered sarcastically.

While I tried to get everything tidy, I heard someone from my room yell out, " Cal, is that you?"

"Yeah Jenny, it's me, and I guess we have company." I yelled back.

After a couple of seconds later, Jenny walked into the room as stunning as ever. Her long curly brown hair hung perfectly over a nude silk blouse, dark blue skinny jeans, and knee-high boots. She also accessorized herself with gold pieces of jewelery, a coach wristlet, and her signature item, a brown, leather, woven belt. I looked over at the guys. They were staring at her in amazement.

"Hey, you guys looked like you've never seen a girl before. It's pathetic." Jenny snapped while pulling her phone out of her wristlet.

"Uh, Jen, this is Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis. Guys, this is my best friend Jenny." I said, trying not to be awkward.

"Look, I would love to stay and chat, but Callie and I need to go out first." Jenny said while typing something on her phone.

"Go out and do what exactly love?" Zayn curiously asked.

We are looking for an apartment to buy." I said, not wanting Jenny to pick a fight with the guys.

"An apartment?" Harry asked.

"Uh no duh. I just said that." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"I think we can solve your problem...." Louis said, grinning.

I looked at him. What was he going to do?

"What about you and Jenny living with me and the lads at our flat?"