Status: Active :)

Do You Really Need Me?

Chapter 10

Rian held Jack's hand carefully as he opened the door to their house. he was desperately trying to ignore the fear that he could feel coming from his puppy in waves. He couldn't believe that he had caused this. So much pain for someone who didn't deserve it at all.

Rian led him inside and sat down on the couch, pulling the dog into his lap.
"Jack" whispered Rian pushing his hair out of his eyes "When was the last time I told you how much you mean to me?"
jack just shrugged and refused to look his owner in the eyes.

"You mean the world to me" whispered Rian "I honestly have no idea what I'd do without you. You are a ray of sunshine and hope and al things good in this world. Whenever I'm having a bad day at work I think of you and then I smile because you're always here when I get home. You're always eager to play and you're so full of energy I think it's completely adorable. I care about you so much Jacky. Don't you see? I'm never getting rid of you"

Jack's eyes locked onto Rian's as he finished speaking, his eyes were full of unshed tears and his hands were shaking.
"Do you mean it?" he whispered and Rian nodded
"Every word"
"But I heard you on the phone-" mumbled Jack "I was so scared"

"I was talking about John" explained Rian "He's this guy that I met at the bar and Matt thought that I liked him so he gave John my number. He's so annoying and he won't leave me alone. That's who I've been complaining about to Matt" said Rian "Never you Jack"

Rian pressed a small kiss to Jack's cheek "I only say the best things about you"
Jack blushed and looked away from Rian.
"I thought I was a gonner" said Jack "I thought that you hated me and you never wanted to see me again, that's why I ran away"
"Why did you run to Alex and Zack's place then?"
"Because they are the only people that I know other than you" said Jack "That and I was hoping that . . . if you did still want me . . . that you would look for me there"

Rian put his hand underneath Jack's chin and locked eyes with the puppy once more "Of course I was going to look for you" whispered Rian "I woke up as soon as I heard the front door shut and I was awake for hours. I thought you were coming back. When Alex got here I was beyond worried about you."
"I'm sorry for making you worry" mumbled Jack and Rian just shook his head
"No" he said "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you what was going on"

Jack let out a huge yawn and Rian smiled softly at him "Tired?"
Jack just nodded. Rian stood up with Jack in his arms and walked to the bedroom. he had never carried Jack before and very quickly felt the arms of his puppy wrap around his neck "Where are we going?" whispered Jack
"To bed" said Rian "Both of us are exhausted"

Rian placed Jack on the bed softly and pulled off his shoes before pulling off his own. He sat on the edge of the bed and saw Jack start to move to his mat on the floor.
"oh no you don't" said Rian, wrapping his arms around Jack's waist and pulling him close to his chest "You're sleeping up here with me"
Jack looked at him in confusion.
"I want to make sure that you'll be here when I wake up" said Rian as he got under the covers.

He pulled Jack in close to him and got comfortable before pressing a kiss to Jack's hair "Have a good sleep Jack" whispered Rian
"You too Rian" whispered Jack

A few minutes later and Jack was sound asleep. Rian pushed his hair back once more (he made a mental reminder to get it cut soon) and whispered to his puppy "You mean so much to me Jack. I love you" before laying his head down on the pillow and quickly falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your lovely comments about my exams :) You are all adorable!!
I am all finished now so I can write the final two chapters of this story and post them asap!

Thank You all so much for your support and lovely comments! :)
Xx