Status: Active :)

Do You Really Need Me?

Chapter 8

As soon as Alex his house he was heading to Rian's. He deserved to know where his pet was. Alex remembered how distraught he was when Zack went missing, he could only imagine how Rian was feeling.

He approached Rian's house and knocked on the front door, only for it to be flung open a few seconds by Rian who was clearly freaking out.
"Alex?" he said "What are you doing here?"
"Well a better question is: What is your pet doing at my house?" Alex watched as Rian's eyes lit up at the words 'Your pet'.
"He's at your house?" Rian questioned and Alex just nodded "Then what are you doing here? Lets go!" Rian tried to usher Alex out of the doorway but he stood his ground.

"No" said Alex "We're going to talk about this"
"What are we going to talk about?" asked Rian "I woke up this morning and he was gone! No note! Nothing! And now you're telling me where he is and you want to TALK?"
Alex just crossed his arms over his chest and nodded "Yep"

"Why?" groaned Rian
"Because" said Alex "Your pet appeared at my house so incredibly early this morning that it isn't even funny. That and he was in tears. He would barely even talk to me."
"In tears?" asked Rian slumping down onto his couch "Why on earth would he be upset?"
"I was hoping that you would know" said Alex

"How would I know?"
"Because he's your pet" said Alex "When was the last time he spoke to anyone other than you?"
Rian just shrugged. He had no idea.
"Exactly" said Alex "That and Zack would tell me so I assumed that Jack would tell you"

"Jack barely tells me anything" said Rian "He's just really super obedient recently. But I just assumed that I only noticed it because I was going out a bit more. maybe that's it?"
Alex just shrugged "I have no idea man but he's super upset"

Rian closed his eyes and tried to think "I tried to give him a reward the other day" he mumbled
"Yeah?" said Alex "And how did that go?"
"I thought I had killed him" said Rian thoughtfully before sighing
"What on earth did you do to him?" asked Alex, alarmed
"I gave him a square of chocolate"
"And?" asked Alex "Was he allergic or something?"
"Dogs can't eat chocolate Alex" said Rian
"Why not?"

"I don't know but it's really bad for them" explained Rian "He started throwing up like crazy and passed out also straight after. He was out for a while too. I was so worried."
Alex just watched his best friend thoughtfully "What would you do if something had happened to him?"

Rian put his head into his hands "I have no idea" he said "I would probably never forgive myself. He means so much to me"
"Well does he know that?" asked Alex
"Of course he does!" exclaimed Rian standing up "Why the hell wouldn't he know that?"
Alex just shrugged "Have you told him?"
Rian paused for a moment "Well . . . not recently"
"Maybe that's why he's upset" said Alex "He's not human Ri, and even if he was he's still a dude. You need to tell him these things"

Rian sighed again "Maybe you're right"
Alex just looked smug
"So can we go and see him now so I can tell him?" asked Rian walking to the door and Alex just shook his head
"Sorry dude, No can do"
"Why the hell not?" asked Rian getting frustrated
"Because I promised Jack some time alone with Zack so they could talk"

"They won't mind if we show up" said Rian shrugging
"You do realise that Jack tells Zack everything right?" said Alex approaching his friend "and Zack tells me and I can tell you what to do to fix it! Now is there anything else that you can think of that might have upset Jack recently?"

"What are you, my therapist?" joked Rian but Alex didn't laugh "No" me mumbled
"Are you sure?" questioned Alex
"Yes!" exclaimed Rian and Alex just laughed
"Ok then. No need to get your panties in a twist"
"Can we just go and see them now?" whined Rian "I want to see Jack"
"No!" said Alex "We are staying right here!"

Rian just looked at his friend thoughtfully for a moment before admitting defeat "Fine" said Rian sitting back down "What do we do now?"
"The same thing we did before we got pets" said Alex "Play video games and get drunk!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Your comments are lovely and I really appreciate them!!
You are all wonderful :)