Status: ♥ Completed ♥

She's a Rebel, She's a Saint

Shock

She was stressed, that much was definitely clear. She was holding my hand tightly with almost white knuckles and her head was leaning on my shoulder as she aired her worries about her unborn baby.

“What if the baby is born with like a missing body part or something?” she said, making me roll my eyes as I replied to a text that Daniel had just sent me asking me yet again if I was

“Gabriella, I highly doubt your baby will be born with a missing body part.”

“I’m worried now. What about Liam, he’ll always be on tour and stuff? How is he gonna see our baby being raised?”

“I could always swim to America and kidnap him for you.” I offered sarcastically, getting a few looks from the other expecting mothers that were in the waiting room around us as well.

“Oh, thank you for offering honey, but you don’t have enough closet space for that.”

“Oh well, you can’t say I didn’t offer.”

She opened her mouth to reply to what I had just said but was cut off when the nurse’s aide opened a door and stepped into the waiting room with a manila folder in her hands. She paused for a moment to read the name on the side over twice, her eyes widening slightly when she saw it so that she could read it over again as if she didn’t believe what was clearly written before her eyes.

“Um, Mrs. Payne…” the nurse’s aide trailed off.

Gabriella and I stood up, following the timid looking woman out of the waiting room and down the long white and powder blue hallway. We were led into a pure white that was truly a little off-putting.

“We need you to change into this.” she said, handing Gab the scratchy looking hospital gown.

Gab nodded her head and I sat down on the small black chair that was in the corner as the nurse’s aide left and Gab quickly peeled off her loose fitting clothes that concealed the small baby bump she was sporting, only wearing loose clothes because she was trying her best to hide her pregnancy from the paparazzi.

“You should name the baby after me.” I said with a wide smile on my face.

“What if the baby’s a boy?” she said as she carefully sat down on the hospital bed.

“I don’t care. Ashley is a unisex name.” I said in a stubborn tone that made her roll her eyes at me as the actual nurse finally walked in with a smile on her face and the same manila envelope that the nurse’s aide had in her hand.

“Nice to see you again, Gabriella.”

“Nice to see you too, this is my best friend Ashley.” Gab said in a sweet expression as she reached a hand towards me, knowing that I would be the only one that would be able to know that the small action was actually a cry to be comforted since she was nervous and worried about what was to come.

I held Gabriella’s hand tightly in mind, trying my best to calm her down even though I already knew that her hormones were currently completely out of whack and the fact that Liam was currently in America the day of her second ultrasound was not helping her in the slightest.

“That’s the head,” the nurse said as she pointed everything out on the screen, “Those are the baby’s legs, and that is…”

“That is what?” I asked nervously as Gabriella’s tanned hand gripped my slightly paler hand a little tighter and I could practically hear her heart rate speed up.

The nurse pressed a button on the screen and a moment later, the small thumping on the baby’s perfectly healthy heartbeat filled the small white hospital room. The nurse moved the machine around a little bit on Gabriella’s lower stomach and soon a different yet strikingly similar image appeared on the screen as another, second, heartbeat filled the room.

“She’s having t-twins?” I asked nervously as I felt my breath get caught in my throat as the words attempted to escape as well.

"It would appear so. So far, it looks like they are both healthy little girls. Though, don’t take my word for it, it may still be a little too early to be certain about the sex of the babies."

"I'm having twins? Like as in, two babies are currently growing inside of me?" Gab said in a slight state of shock as she trailed off slightly since she was still digesting the words that she had just heard.

“Yup, congratulations Gabriella. I’ll leave you to get dressed and don’t worry about making another appointment, I’ll tell the secretary to call you when you’re due for your next checkup in a couple of weeks. It was nice meeting you, Ashley.” the kind nurse said before leaving Gab to get dressed.

"Liam is going to be so ecstatic!" I said happily in an attempt to brighten the mood as much as I could.

Gab nodded her head with a smile before finally getting out of the uncomfortable hospital bed and pulling her loose fitting clothes back on.

"Where do you want to go now?" I asked her as we walked outside and got into my car, my version of my baby since I wasn’t having one for quite a while.

"We should probably stop by your parents’ house and let them know that I'm having twins." she said, making me nod my head before I pulled out of the parking spot I was in and we made our way to my parents’ house, "Besides, I know you weren’t able to go visit them on Sunday because you were picking me up from the airport."

"What are you thinking about? I know there's probably something on your mind." I asked, making the next turn.

"Do you think Liam will be excited? He was already stressed when we thought I was just having one baby." Gab said as her fingers few around the creek of her cell phone and she hastily texted Liam.

"To be honest, maybe at first he'll be a little stressed and he'll freak out a little bit but he loves you more than anything. I hope you know that one extra baby isn't going to change that."

Gab said nothing, instead choosing to lean back in her seat and run her band over her lower stomach with a small smile on her face that let me know she was thinking about the future she would have with Liam and their two beautiful baby girls.

"I like the names Emily and Olivia." she said after a moment of silence as we entered the expensive and gated community my parents lived in.

"Olivia," I began when I noticed what she had chosen to name one of her children, "isn't that my middle name?"

"You know how much I love you. I think it'll be cute if one of the girls are named after you."

I nodded my head and parked in the driveway of my parents’ house, gab and I getting out a moment later and walking to the front door. I knocked on the large wooden door and we both waited for my parents to come and answer the door to let us in.

"Your mom is going to end up being the one to open the door." gab said, me only nodding my head in agreement since I knew that she was right since my 'dad' was at work today until five thirty.

My mom opened the door with a small smile on her face that only widened when she saw us. She pulled both of us in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek before moving aside to let us in.

"Since you're both here I assume you two have something you need to tell me." my mom said as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Why do you have to assume that when we come over to see you together that it's for something bad?" gab asked with a whine as she pulled her hair out of the messy pony tail it was in only to pull it up in a bun.

"It saves time." my mother said with a simple shrug of her shoulders as she took a sip of her coffee.

"She does know us well." Gabriella mumbled to me, her words just below her breath as my mom let out a small chuckle of amusement.

"Well, it's nothing bad." I said with a roll of my eyes at the actions of the two women I was currently with.

"Then what is it?"

"Mom," I began, "You're never going to believe this..."

"Ashley, please don't tell me that Harry got you pregnant." my mom said with a sigh, clearly seconds away from slamming he coffee cup onto the counter and ripping out my dyed dark hair that I needed to retouch.

"No."

"Oh, so what is it?" she asked us, her mossy green eyes looking us over as she scanned our bodies for any sense of a lie.

"Momma," Gab began with a nervous tone in her voice, "I'm pregnant."

My mom let out a small sigh, her two hands reaching out to cradle one of Gab's hands as my mother's pretty green eyes melted with Gab's darker eyes.

"Honey, I don't know how to break this to you," my mom began, "But you're married now. You're allowed to get pregnant."

"I'm having twins," Gab began as she released her bottom lip Tom the tight grip between her teeth that it was in, "Two little girls."

"I can tell. You're a lot bigger than you would be if it was just one baby." my mom said, shrugging her shoulders again as if none of this was new information to her.

"Well that wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be." I grumbled, my mom smiling slightly before a small alarm clock sounded throughout the house and my mom turned to the beeping clock on the wall.

"I need to go pick up Sophia from her beginners program in the school." she said as she picked her keys up off of the small glass bowl on the kitchen counter, ushering Gabriella and I out of the room.

"We can go pick her up." I offered since I knew how stressed my mom tended to get when she had to take care of Sophie and Natasha alone side my 'dad' was at work.

"No, it's alright. I need to run some errands as well anyway." she said as the three of us walked out of the house and towards our cars, "It was nice seeing you girls again."

"I love you mommy." Gabriella and I said at the same time, making my mother smile before blowing us a kiss.

Gab and I got into my car and back on the highway.

"Well, that could definitely have ended very badly. I think we really lucked out." I said as I took a deep breath, my brunette best friend letting out a relieved sigh from where she sat beside me.

"I completely agree. I'm so happy that she didn't freak out the way I thought she would." she said, still clearly relieved at the recent events.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked her.

"Um, actually I hope I don't make this awkward but Liam and I have a Skype date in about an hour so I should probably be getting home."

I nodded my head in understanding and turned into the direction towards her apartment building that was just a couple blocks away from my own home.

"I hope you don't mind." she said with a small amount of sadness and regret in her words.

"No boobear, it's okay. I have to travel back to the 1950's to ensure my birth anyway. Don't worry about it." I said in a sweet tone, my way friend rolling her pretty eyes as I pulled up in front of her apartment building.

"Alright, sweetie." she began as she opened the car door to get out; "I love you. Text me when you get home."

"I love you too sunshine." I said in the same tone, blowing her a kiss as she did the same to me.

I waited for her to fully make her way into the lobby of the apartment before driving towards my house. I put my car in the parking lot and slowly slid out of the front seat, making my way to the stairwell that sat in the far left corner.

"Hi Ashley." one of my neighbors said as I passed him on the stairwell on my way to check if anything was in my mail box that was in the main lobby.

"Hi?" I replied, slightly confused since I had only spoken with him once before and it seemed odd the he would even know my name unless it was only because of Harry.

"Um, can I ask you something g kind of personal?"

"I guess so, depended on what it is. What do you wanna ask?"

"Are you really dating Harry Styles?" he asked me, biting his bottom lip nervously and looking down at the floor beneath his feet.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I asked him.

"Well I saw it in this magazine my younger sister shoes me and I just wanted to know if it was really true of if it was just random things the paparazzi makes up."

"It's really true." I said with a sigh since he was not the first person living in this building who had recently asked about my relationship with Harry and he would definitely not be the last.

Sensing that I didn't really wanna talk about it anymore, he walked away leaving me alone with my thoughts and the mail in my hands. I flipped through them as I walked to the staircase; my heart beat almost stopping when I saw the bright red letters on one of the envelopes.

"What the fuck?" I grumbled angrily below my breath as I tore it open before walking back to the front desk to see the buddy manager sitting there with his face stuck in a magazine.

"Oh, Ms. Lopez," he began as he looked away from the magazine with a bored expression on his face, "I was wondering when you would arrive to speak with me."

"I'm being kicked out? W-why I don’t understand this?" I said, stuttering out slightly and placing the paper on the counter.

"Your consigner, a Mr. Daniel Shay, has taken his name off of the lease. Upon checking your records, it appears as though your income is not very reliable so we're giving you a few days."

"A few days to pack up all my stuff and move out?!" I exclaimed angrily.

"Or you could find a new cosigner. An eighteen year old girl having her own apartment wasn’t really a very good idea to begin With in the first place."

"So this is an age issue as well?"

"No, but it did help that Mr. Shay was in his late thirties already."

"So what do you suggest I do?" I asked with a sigh, running a hand through my long dark hair.

"You could get a roommate, get a real job, or move out." he began, making me roll my eyes when he suggested a 'real job' since I made more money in a week than he did in a month, "Or you could always get a new cosigner."

"Like who? I don't know many millionaires like my old one." I said sarcastically, taking the paper off of the counter and folding it up before putting it in my pocket so that I didn't forget about it later on.

"Oh really? You're dating that Harry Styles kid, aren't you?"

"Yeah, he's my boyfriend. What does that have to do with," I began before realizing what he was suggesting, "Oh."

"Yes, well you have three to four days to decide." he said before turning his attention back to the magazine in his hands that coincidentally had a photo of Harry and I on the front cover and a picture of me on the back from an old photo shoot.

I walked away, making my way up the stairs and into my flat with a sigh as I looked around since I was madly in love with this apartment and I would hate to move out no matter what. I changed into my pajamas before plopping myself down onto the comfortable couch, turning on the TV and picking up my cell phone to text Harry and tell him what has just happened as I asked him if he could be the new cosigner.

From: Hazz
When I get back home tomorrow I'll sign the papers sweetie. Luvvvvvvv you best friend :*


I rolled my eyes at his response before texting him back, asking what he was doing since I was incredibly bored and desperately needed someone to talk to so that I would be entertained.

From: Hazz
We're doing a live interview. Turn on your TV to channel 5!
the text read.

I picked up the remote to change the channel like he said, smiling when I saw the familiar five boys sitting next to each other on a purple couch. All of the boys minus Harry were all laughing at something that the interviewer had just said, Harry clearly not paying attention to the world around him as he stared down at the screen of his phone since he was texting me.

"So, what do you guys think about America?" the interviewer asked the boys.

"We like it. We love to travel and were living out our dreams so it's always fun." Zayn answered.

"I think Harry's pretty fond of Spain though." the interviewer said, making everyone laugh as harry blushed slightly, "Tell me, Harry, are you a fan of Chanel?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders and I groaned as I saw the large white screen come down since I knew that one of my photos were about to be plastered across it, most likely the most recent one for Chanel that Harry was actually present for in which I was selling lingerie.

"Oh, you're not sure? Does this convince you?" she asked, one of my most provocative pictures being shown on the screen behind them as the rest of the boys laughed at Harry shocked and slightly turned on expression.

"Now tell us harry, what were you just doing over there? Texting your secret girlfriend?"

"She's not a secret."

"She's met your family and you've met hers, correct?"

"Yeah of course we have. My entire family absolutely adores her."

"So, do you think you're in love?"

"I know I am."
Harry said, making the crowd break out in a mic of 'awes' and slightly jealous grumbles at the fact that Harry Styles was now off the market as a picture of Harry wrapping his arms around me from behind and placing a kiss on my cheek as we walked down the paved streets of London appeared on the screen.

"So, do you think she's the one? Could you see yourself being with her for the rest of your life because, to be honest, she is gorgeous and the two of you do see to be very good for each other?"

"You have no idea."
Harry said, making the ultimate idea pop into my head as I picked up my phone and quickly typed out a text to Harry as fast as I could before sending it and turning my attention to the TV in front of me where Harry's phone vibrated in his pants and he unlocked it with a smile.

"Please don't screw this up..." I grumbled to myself, crossing my fingers and hoping that not only would he get it right and understand what I was saying but that Daniel was also somewhere watching it or one of his four children were watching this so that they could tell him what happened.

"Is that from the future Mrs. Styles?" the interviewer asked in a joking tone that made Harry roll his eyes playfully.

"Yes it was." he said, the crowd letting out small laughs and slight cheers since he had not corrected the fact that she called me Mrs. Styles.

"And what did she say?"

"I'm not allowed to say."

"Harrys whipped."
Zayn said as the other three boys around him all nodded their heads in agreement and Harry merely groaned slightly as the crowd and interviewer laughed.

"I am not!" Harry whined, making me roll my eyes before taking a sip from the water bottle that sat next to me.

"Yes you are, honey. Don't lie to your fans." I said to the TV before widening my eyes and realizing that I must look insane since i was alone in my large living room and talking to my television where my fake boyfriend was on the stage being interviewed with his four best friends.

"So then why aren't you telling us what she said?"

"Because she told me to make sure that I don't let everyone know that when I get back to London we're planning on moving in together."
he said before widening his eyes in fake shock as he 'realized' what he had just said and small gasps of shock accompanied with 'ooos' came from the crowd.

"Good boy, Hazz." I said as my phone instantly started practically blowing up with texts, calls, and emails from Daniel and his associates that knew about the 'relationship' between Daniel and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Check out my best friend The Beautiful Gabster who has AMAZING stories posted on the website we all know and love.

Please check out my other Harry Styles fan fiction that is based off of the popular movie 'Beastly' Reverse This Curse

And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.