Status: ♥ Completed ♥

She's a Rebel, She's a Saint

Stage

Harry and I were walking around the streets of Time Square hand in hand with our matching ugly Christmas sweaters proudly on our torsos beneath our open jackets.

"Ashley," he began, pausing abruptly in front of a jewelry store, "How much do you love me?"

"I guess that all depends on what you're asking of me." I answered with a raised eyebrow.

"I have an idea, do you trust me?" he asked.

I nodded my head and his smile widened before he turned his attention back to the expensive looking jewelry store and looked through the glass window to see what was on display.

"Um, go shopping somewhere. I need to get something." he said with a wide smile on his face before letting go of my hand.

"Harry, why do I have a feeling that I won’t like whatever you have planned?" I asked with a whine.

“Must you always assume the worst of me?”

“Yes, I must.”

Harry said nothing and chose to ignore me before walking into the jewelry store anyway. I sighed and made my way down the streets of New York City with my ear buds in my ear and my favorite Ed Sheeran song playing in my ears.

"Oh my god," I began when I was standing in front of baby store and I saw what was in the display window, "That is so perfect."

I walked into the store and hurried over to the corner where I saw the item I wanted to buy, a rather expensive leopard print baby bag for Gabriella. I looked around the store some more and chose a few gender neutral items as well as something for Lux, my phone vibrating in my pocket. With a roll of my eyes I maneuvered myself so that everything I was planning on buying was in just one hand and I took the phone out of my pocket to answer it.

"Hey babe. Are you done getting your mystery gift?" I asked in a semi sarcastic tone since I knew Harry probably got me something and that was why he was so awkward a few seconds ago.

"Yes I did, Mrs. Styles. Where are you?"

"I'm a block down in a baby store across the street from H&M." I replied, picking up something for my parents who were thinking about having another baby.

"You're not pregnant are you?" he asked cautiously even though he knew there was no way for me to be pregnant right now.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled slightly as I thought of an appropriate response for him.

"Yes I am, Harry. And it's yours." I replied.

"I knew it!" I heard from behind me, my heart skipping a beat before I turned around to see that it was just Harry with a smile on his face and no bags in his hands.

"What did you buy if you have no bags?" I asked him as he took the items from my hands and held them himself.

"It's a secret. You'll know what it is later on today though, I promise."

“Is it for me?”

“Of course it is. But I’m not telling you what it is.”

I bit my lip but nodded my head anyway, my hand finding his as he led me to the cashier. The eyes of the young girl that was standing behind the cash register widened slightly in surprise when she saw us and I could already tell that tomorrow there would be rumors circulating in which I was pregnant with Harry's baby.

"Y-Your total is $241.67." she said, stuttering slightly as she put the last few things in a pretty white and yellow bag.

I moved my hand to grab my wallet from where it sat in my back pocket but before I had a chance to open it, Harry already handed the girl the money and she was giving him back his change.

"I could have paid." I grumbled as we walked out of the store and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"It's my baby too." he whined, making me roll my blue eyes.

"Harry, I think you and I both know that there's no way I can be pregnant right now."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he led us into a taxi so that we could make our way to Madison Square Garden for his concert tonight before a look of realization filled his features.

"Oh, I guess I kind of forgot."

"So, what did you get me from the jewelry store, Mr. Styles?" I asked him in an attempt to change the subject to something other than what was going on inside of my body right now.

"It's the next step in our master plan to get two certain people jealous." he replied simply with a shrug of his shoulders.

“Um, I thought I was the mastermind behind this.”

“Trust me, this is going to be foolproof.”

"Harry, please tell me you didn't just buy what I think you just bought..." I whispered as quietly as I could so that the taxi driver didn't hear me.

"Indeed I did. I'm gonna pull you on stage tonight."

"Harold Edward Styles, I will walk back to England if I have too. You are not pulling me on stage tonight, especially for something like that. Your fans will murder me on my way back to the hotel." I said.

Harry chuckled and rolled his eyes at my words before placing a hand on the side of my face and pulling me closer to him for a seemingly sweet kiss that I refused to return.

"What's the matter, love?" he asked, his lips brushing against mine with each syllable that left his mouth.

"Please tell me you're just joking."

Harry chuckled again and roughly pressed his lips to mine in a way that practically forced a reaction out of me.

"Hey," the taxi driver began, making Harry and I pull away from each other and look towards him, "We're here so stop trying to eat her face off, guy!"

I bit back a few chuckles as Harry pulled a few dollars out of his pocket to pay the man. We got out of the yellow taxi and we met with the screams of fans as Harry grabbed tightly onto my hand hurried my inside behind two buff security guards.

"Lou," Harry began, searching for his best friend once we entered the dressing room.

"What do you want, Harry?" Louis began from where he sat on one o the makeup chairs with his hair and makeup already perfectly done.

"Keep the Mrs. company, please." he said before walking up to their stylist so that she could tell him what to wear.

"Oh, so you're Mrs. Styles now?" Louis asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“It would appear so.” I said as I shed myself of my jacket, letting Louis see the Christmas sweater that Harry and I had purchased just a few hours ago.

"Wow, that is a one of a kind sweater, isn't it?" he asked, looking me up and down.

"Harry picked them out. He has one too." I responded, watching Louis' eyes widen slightly at my words.

"Well, don't let him ever pick anything for your children."

I chuckled slightly before pulling the sweater off over my head as well since the heat in this room was pumped up as high as it could go.

"I'm not even going to begin to ask you where you got that shirt; I'm beginning to think you used to be a hardcore directioner. Do you have a shrine in your flat with pictures of us and candles surrounding them?"

"Yeah of course, I keep it right next to the sacrificial axe."

"Who are you sacrificing?" Harry asked as he walked towards Louis and I, now fully dressed with his hair and makeup done to perfection and a mischievous gleam in his green eyes.

"She'll be sacrificing you if you don't get on stage in time, Harry. You guys just have fifteen more minutes until the opening act is over." their manager began, dragging Niall and Zayn behind him.

Louis stood up from his chair and walked towards the refreshment table on the other side of the room as Harry reached for my hand and led me to the side of the stage.

"I arranged for a little early birthday surprise for you tonight." he said once we stood just by the side of the stage.

"Really, what is it?" I asked him.

Harry placed a hand on each shoulder and turned me around so that I could see the stage. I squinted my eyes slightly since my contacts were drying out and it was becoming a little hard for me to see. I felt my eyes widen in surprise and happiness as a gasp fell from my lips.

"Happy birthday, sunshine." Harry said, wrapping his arms around my midsection from behind and placing a kiss just behind my ear on one of my many tattoos.

"T-That's Ed Sheeran, Harry." I said, stuttering over my words slightly.

"Yup, I’ve told you that he's a pretty good friend of mine and when I mentioned that you're a fan and your birthday is the day before Louis' he suggested this would be a good early birthday gift."

"He was right."

"Are you happy?"

I nodded my head happily and wiped away the tear that was streaming down my eyes as he starts to play 'Wake Me Up.'

"This is my favorite song." I told him, feeling Harry's lips curl up into a smile since he could tell how happy and in shock I was right now.

"I love you, best friend." he said simply, bringing a smile to my face.

"I love you too, Hazz."

When Ed Sheeran was done singing, he walked offstage and I felt my heartbeat increase when he started walking towards where Harry and I stood with a smile on his face.

"Harry, Harry he's coming over here." I squealed out in excitement, my inner fan girl exploding.

"Just act normal, Ashley. He'll love you."

I took a few deep breaths and eventually Ed Sheeran was standing right in front of me and he pulled Harry in for a hug.

"It's good to see you again, man." Ed said to Harry.

"It's good to see you too. It's been so long."

"It's been too long," Ed began before turning his attention away from Harry and towards me, "And you must b Ashley."

I nodded my head, not sure if I could trust my own voice right now and I felt Harry chuckle at my actions before he grabbed my hand with his in a reassuring manner.

"She's a little shy right now. She's a big fan of yours though; she's probably a bigger fan of you than she is of me."

"Awe, well I'm a big fan of yours as well, Ashley." he said before pulling me in for an unexpected hug that made my heart melt.

“A fan of what exactly?” I asked him once we pulled away from each other.

"You do know she’s a lingerie model, right?" Harry asks Ed, trailing off slightly at the end of his sentence.

"Aren't you supposed to be on stage?" Ed asked, successfully changing the subject and distracting Harry easily.

Harry looked down at his watch and his eyes widened a second later when be noticed what time it was.

"Oh shit, I do have to be on stage."

"Are you always late?" Ed asked.

"Maybe you're just early for tomorrow." I suggested with a shrug of my shoulders that made harry roll his eyes.

"I need to go; will you be okay with Ed?" Harry asked me.

"No she won't, I'm planning on kidnapping her." Ed said sarcastically.

"Um, I'd go willingly but okay." I said.

Harry rolled his eyes before leaning towards me and placing a small kiss on my lips, something that was most likely only done to reassure himself that I was his.

"Go on stage or Liam will murder me in my sleep." I said, pushing Harry away as best as I could.

"So," Ed began as we watched the boys walk come on stage, "How long have you and Harry been together?"

"A couple of months. I don't really keep track of stuff like that but Harry might now."

Ed and I made some small talk, just deciding to get to know each other a little bit more before someone got Ed's attention and told him that the boys wanted him onstage so that they could sing 'Little Things' together.

"-Ashley." Harry's voice said from where he stood on stage, the end of his sentence easily grabbing my attention and making me look up from my game of angry birds.

"What the fuck is he doing? He can't be serious." I grumbled to myself.

"Excuse me, Ms. Lopez," a security guard began, "It would appear as though the band wants you on stage."

"Do I have to go?" I whined.

"They told me before the show even started that I shouldn't take no for an answer."

"Well, I guess I should go on then." I mumbled as he led me into the stage.

"There she is!" Harry’s voice said in an excited tone as he ran over towards me and pulled me to the center of the stage with our fingers tightly intertwined.

"What am I doing here?" I grumbled to him in a tone so low that only he could hear me.

"Just give me a second, I have a plan." he replied in a whisper before bringing the microphone back up to his mouth.

"So, as all of you know, this is my gorgeous girlfriend Ashley," he began before lifting up my arm and making me spin around once, "And ever since I saw her this morning in the shirt that I made her wear, there is one thing I have really wanted to do."

"Harry, don't you dare." I whispered to him.

Harry handed the microphone over to Zayn who was standing just a few feet away from him and clicked a button on the collar of his shirt so that he would still be heard throughout the crowded venue even without the microphone.

"Harry, I will never speak to you ever again."

He rolled his eyes at my words before taking my left hand in his right one and holding a small black box in his other hand. He slowly lowered himself down onto one knee in front of me.

"Harry, I fucking swear to god I will move to Serbia and you will never see me again after this."

"Ashley Olivia Lopez..."

"Don't. You. Fucking. Dare. Harold."

"...Will you make me the happiest man in the world..."

"I guess I have to say yes, don’t I?"

"By becoming my bride?" he asked, finally finishing his question and opening the black box.

My jaw dropped open when I saw the incredibly expensive looking engagement ring with an infinity symbol engraved in the inside of the band.

"H-Harry," I began in fake happiness and joy that hopefully reached my face, "Yes!"

Harry smiled and slipped the heavy engagement ring onto left ring finger before standing up and pulling me in for a rather heated kiss that resulted in cheers from everyone in the venue.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's my birthday!

FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

Check out my best friend The Beautiful Gabster who has AMAZING stories posted on the website we all know and love.

And check out my Niall Horan story, There’s Something About Your Everything.

Don’t forget my other Niall Horan story, Sibling Rivalry