The Black Lupin

Protection

“Sectumsempra!” the girl screamed aiming it at Harry but Sirius jumped in the way deflecting the curse “Stupefy!” Harry growled back “Protego!” Remus called back shielding the girl from the red jet of light heading her way. “Expelliarmus!” he said quickly catching Harry’s wand as he fell backwards “What the hell is going on!” Ron’s dad shouted as they walked in.

“Nothing we can’t handle!” Sirius covered, “Then why are two children on the floor, Harry’s wandless and you two are duelling?” Molly (Ron’s mother) snapped, “You can release them but nobody casts a single spell!” Sirius shouted and they did so. “Drop your wands everyone!” Sirius ordered keeping his eyes on the girl on the floor “Why’s my son been duelling?” Molly asked, “She did it! We walked in and she hit us all” Ron explained.

“Bitch!” Molly shouted pulling her wand out but Lupin got there first knocking the wand from her hand “Remus!” Arthur (Ron’s dad) snapped, “I said no wands!” Sirius said calmly but he was too slow and the girl sent another curse flying from her wand hitting the wall just short of Harry’s head. Arthur grabbed the girl pushing Remus out the way dragging her to a chair forcing her onto it.

Before he had a chance to do anything Remus punched him “Remus!” Sirius warned “No! Leave her alone!” Remus shouted keeping his back to the girl his eyes flicking between them all and it was then that Harry realised. The eyes she had, they were Remus’. “Remus what the hell’s going on?” Molly screamed “Avada Kedavra!” the girl shouted and a green jet of light shot from her wand hitting the ceiling.

“Enough!” Sirius barked “Take her wand from her Remus!” Sirius shouted and Remus tore it from the girls hand “Nobody casts another spell, put your wands down!” he ordered and they all gradually did as they were told as Arthur nursed his bleeding lip. “That’s her Sirius, that’s the girl!” Harry shouted pushing towards the girl but Sirius stopped him.

“What?” they said together and Sirius sighed, “Harry’s been having dreams again, they think he’s seeing his dreams. She’s in them, Remus I’m sorry I never said anything I just didn’t want to get your hopes up. I thought when I knew more I’d tell you” Sirius explained and Remus turned to the girl shaking his head.

“Remus I swear I’d have told you if I thought it was real” Sirius said pleading with his best friend for forgiveness, “The smell, it’s her that smells” Harry cut in “Yeah you used to be such a fan of that smell didn’t you Sirius! You smell like fresh cut lavender you do, how’d you do it? It’s like it’s in every pore of your body,” the girl mocked and Sirius laughed.

“You’ve not changed, well you have but your still the same girl!” “Yeah well things change a person” she snided and they all stayed silent. “You know her?” Molly asked as Remus turned to look at them all “This is my little sister Remy Lupin,” he mumbled and they all stared in shock.

“Remy what the hell are you doing here? I thought you were dead” “That’s what you all wanted anyway so why not let you think it, now let me go!” she snapped trying to stand up but Remus pushed her back down. “Get your hands off me you idiot! You have no idea who your messing with” “Yes I do! I know who you are and I know what your all about” Remus snapped and she laughed.

“Of course you do that’s why you thought I was dead, that’s why I was capable of breaking the protection on this place to get in, that’s why your protecting me is it?” she shouted at him. “Where’ve you been?” he said calmly and she laughed “With my new family” “New family?” he asked and she smiled “Yeah want to meet them?” she replied pushing her sleeve up and they all jumped back apart from Sirius.

“Remy you didn’t!” Remus shouted as she laughed and Sirius shook his head “I’m sorry Remus” “Your no good brother, you wait until I get my hands on him! All he ever did was lead her down the wrong path” Remus shouted pushing Sirius backwards. “No good Black!” he added and he was pushed sideways by Remy as she shot up from her seat “Don’t you dare say that about him!” she screamed with tears falling down her face.

“He’s more of a man than you ever will be, he stood up for his beliefs and he did the right thing! Don’t you say things like that about him” she shouted as tears flooded down her cheeks and Sirius grabbed her as she went to hit her brother pulling her into his body. “Remy what happened?” Sirius asked and she turned crying into his chest “He’s gone Sirius, he’s dead” she cried almost collapsing as her legs gave out but Sirius caught her holding her up.

“I never said goodbye and he was all alone when it happened! We’d argued over something stupid and then he goes and gets himself killed! I hate them Sirius, I hate them!” she shouted anger lacing her words and he nodded. “Why are you here?” “To see him, I thought maybe being here again would remind me of all them times I was here and I was hoping to tell you something” she rambled.

“Remy you know we don’t get on, he made…” “No Sirius, he’s not what you think. He died because he changed. He was trying to get out, that’s why we argued; he wanted out but I wanted to stay. He wouldn’t leave me and he went about doing things and they got him killed. He was on your side Sirius,” she explained and he closed his eyes. Harry had seen his godfather upset before and he recognised it in him right now.

“I’m sorry about all this, this isn’t what Regulus would’ve wanted. He wanted to change his ways, he wanted me to change too and…” “Remy it’s okay, how long?” Sirius said “6 months, I hated you all for it but I know its not your fault. He kept saying how he wished he was more like you, how brave you were and I thought he was just getting cold feet but he was changing as he grew up” she admitted.

“What’s going on in here?” a voice shouted and Mad Eye Moody walked in “Death Eater!” Snape shouted pointing at Remy “Why Hello Severus! So nice to see you again, how’s Dumbledore treating you?” she snided and he walked to her pulling her from Sirius’ grip.

Before Remus had chance to react they tied her to a chair and Snape forced her head back pouring a liquid in her mouth “Name” Snape demanded and Remus made a run to her but Sirius grabbed him “It has to be done Remus” Sirius mumbled as Molly herded the children away unsuccessfully.