Teen Angst

12

I bit down on one of the fingers and they let me go before I spun around getting up “Draco!” I practically shouted hugging him and he laughed “Christy! I told you I’d come see you,” he said as he squeezed me against him. “How’s Skylar?” I asked, “Oh I’m great thanks for asking, I’ve been busy doing some homework and playing quidditch. Oh and Crabbe and Goyle have been…” he trailed off as he saw me glare at him “He’s fine, totally unsuspecting. He’s doing all his homework with his friends, I told him if it wasn’t finished when I got back he’d be in trouble” he explained and I smiled at him.

I sat down and he stood at my side “He looks a bit pale” “I know, he’s gotten paler today, I hope he’s okay” I admitted and he nodded “He’ll be fine, so is my mother treating you well?” “Yeah she is, I love your mum,” I said. “Shame about my father then” “No I like him…” he looked at me smiling “I do!” “Yeah you like him in small bursts” he cut back, “No I just think he’s sometimes I bit too forceful on you, he puts ideas in your head and I just think you should think for yourself. After all Draco you can’t make him totally happy all the time” I reasoned and he groaned “Can we not talk about this right now?” he asked and I nodded.

We talked until my dad woke up and he was happy to see Draco, dad preferred Draco to his father but then who didn’t. Lucius seemed to manipulate Draco into doing things and if we were going to argue it was always over that. Someone brought dad a potion over to drink and I noticed dad was looking worse today than previously, Draco wandered off and I noticed that floor dad was on was practically empty now.

I looked down at all the stuff people from The Ministry had brought dad before looking back to see him looking really sick “Dad?” I asked and he looked wrong. He started talking nonsense and I shouted someone over and they shouted for more people as Draco came running over, I felt my throat close and Draco grabbed my arm “What’s wrong with him?” he asked and they said something about side effects and I wasn’t really listening.

“Okay can you not do that here she doesn’t like…” but it was too late and Draco grabbed me as I passed out. I came around sat in a chair and I groaned rubbing my eyes and I heard Draco’s laugh, “Don’t!” I snapped and he tried to stop but I knew that as soon as I looked at him he’d start again.

“Here you okay?” he asked handing me a glass of water and I nodded drinking it, “You look a bit pale, I’ll go get you some chocolate and be right back. Don’t move and your father’s fine” he ordered before disappearing. He came back and forced me to eat before explaining that dad had just had some side effects and that was all. “So your still not keen on the sight of blood then?” he joked and I laughed shaking my head.

“Good job I caught you really, you owe me one Groshank,” he teased and I smiled “Come on lets go see your dad” he stated holding his hand out and I grabbed it, he led me to the bed and dad was asleep again. “You get that from him obviously” I looked at Draco “The sleeping thing, you sleep a lot. You sleep funny though, like all curled up” he stated and I shook my head at him.

He sat down as I stood next to my dad “Dad can you just move departments now and not to the aurors office?” I asked and I knew he’d refuse when he woke up and I asked him. I turned to see Draco in the only chair “Oh charming” I said and he motioned me to him so I just sat on his knee. “He’s going to be okay you know that right?” he asked and I shook my head as I hugged him and he laughed quietly.

“He will, I hear Groshank’s are made of some tough stuff. He’ll be fine, dad reckons it’ll take a hell of a lot more than a few spells to take out Errol Groshank,” he reasoned and I smiled against his shoulder. “But he looks so ill and what if he never gets better?” I cried and he wrapped his arm around my neck burying my head further into his neck “Christy he’ll be fine” “But what if…” he cut across me. “Well then you can come and share my dad with me, come on he’ll be fine” he reassured kissing the side of my head.

“You tired?” he asked and I nodded “Go to sleep then” he said quietly and I shook my head but it wasn’t long before I was asleep on him, I woke up sitting myself up to see him smiling “Sorry did I wake you up? “ I shook my head and he rolled his eyes at me “You want to go get something to eat? Your dad is still sleeping,” he asked and I nodded so he pushed me up.