Teen Angst

13

We sat eating and I noticed it was starting to get darker outside “What time do you have to go back?” he shook his head. “I’m staying with you tonight” “But…” he shook his head again so I stopped “I’m staying here until tomorrow lunch when Snape’s coming to take me back to Hogwarts. Skylar’s spending all day with his friends and I’ll bet he spends all night with them too, Snape’s going to tell Crabbe and Goyle to say I’ve got detention tonight so I’ll be late back. By the time he’s up in the morning I’ll be back in the common room myself. It’s all sorted out, I have got some brains you know Groshank” he stated and I smiled at him.

By the time it was dark dad was still asleep so Draco dragged me to his house, his mum was happy to see him and we spent the rest of the night with her. They told me to go to bed and Draco insisted I slept in his bed so I wandered off and I heard whispering later on and I wiped my eyes. Draco crept into the room and I tried to sleep but I couldn’t, I jumped as I felt something on the bed “Christy stop crying will you?” he asked and I rolled over to see him sat on the edge of the bed.

“I’m not…” “I can hear you crying, werewolves aren’t real” he joked as he laid on his front next to me and I laughed, “Shut up will you” I cut back and he smiled. “What would you do if you saw one?” he asked and I shrugged “You’d hit me, that’d be the first thing you did” he joked and I laughed nodding. “After that scream and probably throw a few spells its way, not that it’d do any good. Who’d you think it’d eat first Crabbe or Goyle?” I asked and he laughed.

“Crabbe, well if I was a werewolf I’d eat him first! Who’d win in a fight Crabbe or Goyle?” he said and I thought about it “I have no idea but I’d pay to see it happen” “I could arrange that if you wanted,” he stated and I smiled. “I have no doubt in my mind that you would, you wouldn’t arrange fights for me to make money would you?” I questioned.

“After the one on Friday with Potter then no but you go get them girl” he joked and I shook my head nudging him and he laughed. “Ssh mum will hear us and then she’ll get annoyed at me” he whispered and I rolled my eyes “Anyway I think you’d beat Potter, not sure about Granger” “Hey Malfoy shut up” I snapped and he laughed. “Did you hear that?” he asked grabbing me and I froze “What?” I whispered “That noise, you don’t hear it?” he said.

I shook my head “I’m serious listen” he whispered and I felt my heart racing, what had he heard? “Draco what is it?” I asked and he shook his head “Don’t move, try to keep quiet,” he ordered. I panicked and grabbed hold of him before he knocked a book over and I jumped and he started to laugh. “Draco!” I scolded and he laughed louder “Your so gullible!” “I hate you,” I snapped pushing him away from me and turning my back on him.

“Aww Christy I was just playing around, sorry if I scared you” “Nope!” I cut back and he groaned before nudging me but I refused to look at him, he tried to make me look at him but failed, I heard him grab something from the side “No magic outside of Hogwarts Draco” I reminded and he laughed. He kept pushing me and I rolled over “Stop it your so annoying!” I growled and he smiled at me before there was a bang and we both jumped.

There was more noises and I grabbed hold of Draco burying my head in his chest “Draco what is it?” I whispered and he shook his head “I have no idea, I can’t find my wand. I dropped it” he replied and I reached the window grabbing mine. I pushed myself up “Give me it here and I’ll go” he said trying to take the wand from my hand “I’ll go” “What if it’s a Werewolf?” he asked “Is it really the time for this conversation?” I replied and he grabbed me, as there was another bang.

“Lumos” I whispered and Draco let me go and I saw him pick his wand up from the floor, “Put that out,” he ordered and I did as I was told, as there was another scratching noise. “Wait, what if its…” “What? What if its what?” he asked and I shrugged “I don’t know, what if its something you can’t deal with?” “Like what? I’m not sending my mum down there to whatever it is” he cut back.

“What if it’s her?” I asked, “She’s in bed and we’d have heard her go downstairs if it was her. Something’s in the house Christy and I’m not about to wait for it to come to me, I’m going to go find…” there was another bang and I jumped up grabbing hold of him. It felt my heart would jump out my chest before whatever it was got to us and I looked at Draco whose face was mere inches from mine.

I couldn’t be sure who really initiated it but our lips met and his moved slowly against my own until there was what sounded like footsteps outside the door. He pulled away quickly pulling me behind him “Lumos” I whispered and I heard him breathing heavily before he ripped the door open to reveal his dad. We both sighed relieved we weren’t about to die “What are you two doing?” Mr Malfoy asked and Draco lowered his wand “We heard a noise” Draco replied.

“Sorry sir we didn’t realise you were here” I explained and he nodded “Yes father, sorry we just heard a noise and Christy thinks there’s a mad werewolf on the loose” Draco admitted but I could tell his father wasn’t really listening all that much. “Well sorry to disappoint you but it’s just me, why are you here anyway?” “Oh Mr Groshank wasn’t very well so I’m staying until tomorrow now” Draco answered him and he nodded “I’ve just been to see your father, he’s sleeping but they say he’s well. Anyway get to bed the both of you,” he ordered and Draco nodded.

“Goodnight father” he offered but his dad had pretty much disappeared, he shut the door again and I rolled my eyes “See what I mean?” I said and he looked at me “You call him father and treat him like some stranger” I whispered “Because that’s how he wants me to treat him. I just respect him” “No your scared of him” I mumbled. “What did you say?” he asked as I sat on the edge of his bed “Nothing” I lied and he nodded sitting next to me “Who’d win in a duel between Dad and me?” he said and I laughed “Your dad, as if you had to even ask that question” I laughed and he pushed me backwards.

I grabbed his arm as I fell and he fell backwards with me “I told you your dad would be fine” he whispered as he lay at my side and I nodded slowly staring at the moonlight on the ceiling. “I don’t think I want to share your dad,” I admitted and he laughed quietly before looking at me “I’m serious” “I know you are but I like the idea of sharing your dad sometimes, he’s pretty good” he stated and I shook my head.

“You’ve got your own dad” “Yeah but yours teaches you cool things like non verbal magic, spells and potions you shouldn’t really know” he reasoned “I’m pretty sure your dad could teach you a few spells that we shouldn’t know” I replied and he shook his head. “Leave it out Groshank, your family’s hardly perfect is it” he snapped and I looked at him “Mine weren’t…” “Sorry where’s your uncle and second cousin?” he asked and I nodded.

“Azkaban, probably next door to your aunt Bellatrix” I cut back “Yeah probably!” “Why’s she in there again?” I asked, “Death Eater, you know that” “Yeah but what did she do?” I questioned and he shrugged. “So she had nothing to do with Longbottom’s family?” I asked and his eyes widened “How do you…” “How come you’ve never said? I thought my family was bad,” I argued and he nodded. “Yeah I mean they only killed a couple people right?” he snided and I stayed quiet “Exactly! Shall we drop the topic now?” he asked and I nodded.

“Do you think Crabbe and Goyle are sat in the common room just waiting for me to come back because I swear they can’t do anything without one of us telling them to” he joked and I laughed “Probably sat asking whether they sleep now” I added and he laughed. “We’re the brains and they’re the brawn” “Malfoy speak for yourself! I’m brains and brawn” I joked and he smiled “Sure you are” he stated before fidgeting and I looked at him. He rolled onto his side “Do you think dad will change jobs now?” I asked and he shook his head.

“You know the only way he’ll change job is to be an auror and I know that’s not what you mean” he replied and I sighed “Stupid man” I joked. “He’ll end up getting killed one of these days and I really don’t like St. Mungo’s so he better not plan on keeping going into that place” I admitted and he nodded. “I won’t sleep now” I stated and he shook his head “Me neither, will you be back for the quidditch session you agreed to help at?” he asked and I nodded.

“As long as I get to play beater I’m there” “I already told you your playing seeker with me” he said and I glared at him. We lay talking before he leant over pushing his lips against mine; he moved them slowly against mine before I responded kissing him back. He moved further towards me putting his hand on my neck before pulling away, he leant in to kiss me again his fingers pushing into my hair slightly.