Teen Angst

14

The next morning wasn’t totally normal, we all sat having breakfast and Draco kept quiet from the moment his dad walked in, “Anyway we should get to the hospital, come on Christy. I guess I’ll see you both in the summer” Draco cut in standing up and his mum nodded hugging him. “I’ll see you tonight Christy” his mum said and I nodded smiling before we left for the hospital, dad was awake when we got there and we sat talking before Draco said he had to go and I left with him.

We stepped outside the hospital and waited where Snape had told him to, I leant against the wall and he stood in front of me. “Look at that kids roaming around the streets, no good ever comes from it,” a woman muttered “Tell me about it, it’s a sign that they’re bad ones when they hang around street corners” the man she was with answered looking at us both.

“Who are they calling bad ones, filthy muggles?” Draco growled and I rolled my eyes “What must her father think hanging around with boys at her age” the woman snapped and Draco turned to face them “Her father’s in hospital and he’s probably glad somebody is looking after her” Draco shouted at them and I they looked back.

I groaned and the man glared at him “Draco leave it will you” I whispered and I saw his hand move to his pocket “What if he never wakes up and he dies, then what do I do?” I asked pretending to cry and Draco span to face me “Hey Christy he’ll be okay, you know that” he offered hugging me and I watched the couple leave before pushing him away from me.

I smacked his arm “What were you thinking going for your wand in public on muggles” I whispered and he smiled “You just played me, I hate you” he replied hugging me again. “You know your dad will be fine, you watch he’ll be back at home before you leave for the castle again” he reassured and I nodded. I leant back up the wall and felt his fingers push through my own “I’ll make sure Skylar’s done all his homework and I’ll try to stay out of all trouble but I can’t make any promises” he joked.

“I’m so glad you try Malfoy,” a voice said and we both looked to see Professor Snape “Come on time to get you back to school Mr Malfoy” Snape stated moving down the alleyway opposite again and Draco smiled. “Right I’m going, I’ll see you back at school next week. I’ll look after Skylar and I’ll make Crabbe and Goyle wait until you get back before forcing them to fight” “Draco!” Snape shouted and he smiled.

“I won’t really Professor! I totally will” he whispered the end part and I laughed, “See you soon” he stated hugging me and I nodded “Don’t get scared of the werewolves” “Shut up about that already” I snapped and he laughed pulling away before pressing his lips to mine quickly and pulling away walking over to Professor Snape.

Draco placed his hand on Snape’s arm and they disappeared, I spent the rest of the holidays in the hospital or at The Malfoy’s. Dad was a lot better now and it was the day before I had to go back to school, some of dad’s friends from work came in so I wandered off to get something to eat. “Hey Neville” I said and he turned around “Oh, hi. How’s your dad?” “Good thanks, they jut said he can go home tomorrow. Mum will be back to take him home, you ready for school again?” I asked and he nodded.

We stood talking before walking back down together; we reached the secure entrance on the fourth floor and a woman walked towards us and stood behind Neville who hadn’t seen her yet. “Neville” I said and he looked at me so I smiled at the woman and he looked around turning red almost instantly, she handed him a wrapper and he took it “Thank you” he mumbled. “Erm I have to go, see you tomorrow” he said ushering the woman away from us and I went back to see dad still talking to his friends.