Teen Angst

15

The next morning Narcissa took me to Kings Cross to catch the train back to school, I said bye before getting on and I wandered down the carriages sitting in an empty one. We were already halfway to Hogwarts by the time the door opened and Neville walked in “Hello” I stated as he sat down opposite me “I-I wanted to ask if you could…you know not tell anyone about my parents. Its just not many people know and I don’t want…” “I won’t tell anyone and you can’t tell anyone I’ve been there either, if Skylar finds out he’ll not be happy,” I explained and he nodded.

We sat talking and he explained it was his mum that had come to him the previous day and by the time we got to Hogwarts all I wanted to do was sleep but I knew I had that stupid quidditch session to be at. I practically ran to the common room and up into my dormitory to see 2 of the girls who I shared with sat talking “Christy your back” one of them stated and I nodded.

I pulled another sweater over the one I was already wearing and pulled a broom from under my bed “See you later!” I shouted running back down the stairs; I didn’t really see them unless I had to. “Groshank!” I heard a voice shout and turned to see Crabbe, “Hey” I said hugging him and he smiled “Can you get me Draco’s scarf please?” I asked and he nodded walking off and he came back with Goyle and the scarf.

I wrapped it around my neck as we walked outside “Skylar’s with Draco” Goyle informed and I nodded, there were lots of kids all on the quidditch pitch. I said I’d see them later before talking to a couple of the people who were on the Slytherin quidditch team before I saw a blur of blonde hair fly past before stopping level with the stands and I saw Skylar. I got on my broom shooting off to where he was “Christy!” Skylar shouted and Draco nearly fell off his broom as I pushed him.

We all talked until they shouted us over, the captain ordered everyone around before letting the balls go and throwing up the quaffle and everyone set off. We’d been playing for a while when the Gryffindor team marched out onto the pitch and the captain landed “I hope he tells them to get lost” Draco snapped watching the scene below us.

We dropped down in height so we could hear them and a couple of players went down to the ground to back up the captain “I don’t care what you’ve got planned!” Oliver Wood stated, “I’ll be back!” Draco shouted heading down to them. “Groshank what’s going on?” a couple of people to the side of my asked and I flew over to them.

I heard them all shouting and the girl who I was with kept knocking a bludger away from us, “I don’t care what you want Potter, it’s booked so deal with it!” Draco growled. “Nobody asked you Malfoy” “Potter just get lost, take your little friends and run along!” Draco snapped “Leave it Harry, he’s not worth it” Hermione cut in.

I knew as soon as she opened her mouth we were in trouble “Yeah why don’t you listen to your mudblood friend” Draco said laughing and the Slytherin’s around him joined in. “That’s it! I’ve had enough or you!” Hermione shouted holding her wand up at Draco’s throat, I grabbed the girl’s bat watching the bludger coming towards us and hitting it directly at them before she’d even finished the sentence.

Harry had seen it in time pulling Hermione out the way as George Weasley hit the bludger out the way “Oh sorry I never saw you all down there!” I shouted and Draco shook his head smiling at me as I landed with them. “Now who’s the brawn Malfoy?” I asked and he laughed, they carried on arguing when something caught my eye, I located what it was and screamed pulling my wand from my pocket “Avada Kedavra!” I shouted and a jet of green light burst from my wand.

Most people gasped looking at me as I looked back up “What? I hate spiders,” I stated and the Slytherin’s laughed. Draco picked it up “Put that down right now Malfoy” I ordered and he held it up “Don’t think I won’t aim one of them at you if you come near me with that!” I warned and he dropped it. “That’s barbaric” Hermione snapped and one of the other boys made a joke back, “What’s going on here?” a voice asked.

We span around to see Professor McGonagall “Just the Gryffindor team trying to creep in on our booked time” the Slytherin captain answered “And then there’s been a display of dark magic by Groshank” Hermione cut in and I froze. There was no way out of this one. “What are you talking about?” I asked looking at Potter and Granger who looked happy with themselves, “I can hear all this shouting in the dungeons, what’s going on out here?” Professor Snape asked.

“Nothing I can’t handle Severus. Although apparently one of your students has been displaying her talents with a wand” McGonagall replied and Snape looked around before turning his attention back to McGonagall who was talking again. Draco nudged me and I realised they were waiting for an answer from me “The Killing curse?” she asked, “I don’t even know how to do that?” “Then you wouldn’t mind me having your wand to check,” she said smiling. “Professor if I may, Groshank is a fourth year student so I hardly think it is necessary” Snape cut in “But Professor if this is true what Granger is saying…” “I understand your concerns Professor but really a fourth year doing dark magic, I find it hard to believe. What did she supposedly use it on?” he asked.

“That spider down there” “This squashed spider? It looks more like someone stood on it more than anything else. Professor I think this is nothing more than a silly little quarrel that has gotten out of hand, I suggest we all go back to what we were doing and all wands are kept in pockets,” Snape suggested before ushering McGonagall back to the castle.