Teen Angst

16

We’d been back at Hogwarts for over a month now and I walked into my dormitory to see the girls all sat on their beds talking “Its Valentines day on Saturday, are you sending a card to anyone?” Arielle asked as I collapsed onto my bed. “Nope, you guys?” and they nodded “Anyway girls, I’d love to sit up and talk but I’m tired so, night” I replied and they all answered as I got into bed.

“Arielle just ask her” one of them whispered “Yeah Arielle, just ask her because you don’t want to keep waking her up” I stated and one of the girls laughed. “Well I was wondering…I was going to give something to erm Draco” she admitted and I nodded “Why do I care?” “Because I was wondering whether you knew what I should do, I mean you guys are always together” she mumbled and I sat up.

“Why Draco?” “Because he’s hot! He’s got that evil thing going on” she replied and the others nodded “He’s really not evil you do know that right? Anyway you want my advice then don’t go for the whole romantic sappy love stuff I doubt he’s into all that, maybe just tell him straight or you could give him a card but don’t be all girly about it” I explained and she nodded.

“Does he like me?” “Oh I don’t know, we don’t really talk about that sort of thing,” I answered lying back down “Oh Christy come on you have to know something,” she said and I knew she wouldn’t drop it. “I don’t think he likes anyone like that if I’m honest but I could be wrong” “Well he ate with me a few times when you were away” she cut back and I nodded closing my eyes and going to sleep.

I walked to the Great Hall on Saturday morning to see them all sat around talking; I spoke to Skylar before going to my usual seat and saw Arielle sat there. I saw Crabbe whisper something to Goyle before pushing him to move “Sit here Christy” Crabbe said motioning to the new space between them and I smiled sitting down. I grabbed some porridge starting to eat, Arielle laughed playing with the ends of her hair and Goyle fidgeted “I can move down there if you want” “No! Sit with us” Crabbe cut in and I nodded.

There was the noise of post and I saw an owl drop a letter to Skylar before the noise subsided and I looked back to see a letter in front of me. Draco opened a couple leaving the cards on the table and I opened mine to see a card “What you got there?” Draco asked and I showed him “Secret admirer hey, lucky girl” Draco stated and I nodded.

“What’s it say?” “Meet me at the tearooms at 12” “Wow a card and a date, Christy Groshank you’ve got an admirer” he teased and I rolled my eyes. We all walked back to the common room and got ready to go to Hogsmeade “So you got a date?” Arielle asked and I nodded “Apparently so, I’m not going” I answered as I pulled my coat on.

“What? Why?” she said shocked “Because I’m not” “Oh well Draco and I are going to the tearooms as well so you might as well see who it is. You never know it could be love,” she explained. “Draco, you’re going with Draco?” “Yeah he asked me to sit with him this morning at breakfast and I suggested we went along to the tearooms and he agreed to it” she admitted and I nodded.

We all left together but I noticed Goyle and Crabbe wander off “Let me guess, that valentines card your brother got is from you” “Draco how could you? Yes it was from me but don’t tell him. Come on all the first years love the kid who got a valentines,” I whispered and he laughed. “So I hear your not going to your date, well you have to” “No I really don’t” I cut back as we got to Hogsmeade “Oh you do have to go, if you don’t you’ll regret it massively” he stated.

“Why do I get the feeling you know who this person is?” “Because I do” he smiled and I glared at him. We got to the tearooms and Arielle appeared “Oh you excited?” Arielle asked and I shook my head “I’ll be inside in a minute” Draco stated and she walked in. “I’m not going” “Yes you are because otherwise you’ll upset him and well I don’t want him moping around all night complaining” he explained.

“Who is it?” “Promise me you won’t freak out?” and I just looked at him so he sighed “Crabbe” “What?” I shouted and he grabbed my arm. “Look he thinks he likes you, he doesn’t its just one of them stupid teenage things but don’t embarrass him because I’ll never hear the end of it. So get in there and look interested!” he snapped pushing me through the door.