Teen Angst

21

I walked in with Neville behind me handing it over “Two words” Snape stated “Arania Exumai” I answered and he nodded “Lets see that getting used instead shall we?” he said “Yes Professor” “Oh well Longbottom lets see this, I’m looking for something to entertain me and your essays always seem to do that” he snapped as Neville handed his essay over.

“Anything else?” he asked and I shook my head “Well off you go then” he snapped and we both walked out “You know that thing you get with spiders? I get that with him” Neville whispered and I laughed “I like him,” I admitted. We walked out to the greenhouses and gave our Herbology essays in “Hey Neville can you give us a hand?” a voice shouted and he spun around “Sure, come on” he said motioning me with him.

We walked towards a hut and Neville walked in “Hagrid this is Christy Groshank” he introduced and Hagrid nodded “So I take it you’ve heard of me before then” I stated and he nodded “You and that no good group you hang out with” “Christy was just helping me with my Potions essay” Neville cut in and Hagrid looked between us.

“I’ll go, I’ll see you…oh hello” I said as a big dog nudged my hand, “That’s Fang. Come on Fang you can’t go slobbering all over people” Hagrid snapped “Oh it’s okay, my cousins girlfriend brought her dog when she stayed with us, mum was terrified. I think she was more scared of the dog after it caught a gnome and ran into the house with it, can you imagine explaining that one to a muggle?” I laughed as I stroked Fang.

“Muggle?” “Yeah my cousins girlfriend is a muggle, she doesn’t know a thing about all of us. Dad being a total idiot started talking about some guy at work that’d been caught with a dragon and well apparently dragons aren’t all that common in the muggle world” I rambled on. “What dragon was it?” “Chinese, I always wanted a dragon but can you imagine what would happen if a Hit Wizards daughter gets caught with a dragon?” I asked.

“He’d never make auror after that, I’d give it a try” Neville joked and I laughed “Nice suggestion. Hagrid do you know where I can find one?” I said and he shook his head “I’m joking, anyway it was nice to meet you Fang and you Hagrid. I’ll see you sometime Neville,” I stated turning to leave “I guess you can stay and help if you wanted” “You don’t have to ask me to stay, trust me I’m used to people not really being keen on me” I admitted.

“No you can stay” Hagrid said and we stayed to help him out before returning to the castle. I woke up to hear the odd crackling of the fire which was slowly burning out leaving a dull glow emitting from the fireplace, I rubbed my eyes sleepily before stretching sighing. I heard someone groan before feeling lips on my neck “Thanks for elbowing me” they whispered and I rolled over to see Draco “We really need to stop doing this,” I admitted and he shook his head sleepily.

“Yeah we do” “We don’t, it’s comfy down here” he replied as his arm pulled me into him “Yeah but if a teacher found out we’d be in trouble” “Who’s going to tell one? What’s Snape going to do waltz in here and expel us for falling asleep on the couches together?” he asked laughing quietly “Yeah well when that happens you won’t be laughing” I said. I noticed him getting comfy again closing his eyes “Draco” “Ssh” he replied, “What are you doing?” “Going back to sleep” he mumbled “No we’ve got to go to bed” I stated.

“No we can go back to sleep, well if you shut up we can” “Well I’m not shutting up and I am going to sleep. In my bed, now go to bed” I ordered getting up and he groaned pushing himself up. “Fine! I’ll see you tomorrow” he whispered as we reached the dormitory stairs, “Bye” I said and he grabbed my hand pulling me back to him kissing me before letting me go.