Teen Angst

22

The next morning I saw them all sat at breakfast, I sat down next to Draco and he pushed a bowl towards me. “What are we doing today?” Crabbe asked “Oh well I’ve got an essay to do” Draco said, “I have to go see Snape” “Why? You’ve been going to see him a lot,” Arielle stated “Yeah he’s been helping me with something” “What?” she asked. “It-Its about my grades, I’ve been struggling in Potions and I asked for some help” I lied and she nodded as Draco changed the conversation, I felt a hand nudge my own before fingers pushed into mine.

I was sat in Professor Snape’s office as he spoke at me “Do you understand?” he asked “I-I think so but why?” “Because that’s what you do…Groshank we don’t…” “Professor Snape what’s going on here?” the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher asked. “I was just showing Groshank some simple spells” “Well Professor that’s surely a job better for myself?” he stated “Yes but she is in my house, I was merely showing her how to do the Riddikulus charm” he lied “Well maybe she could show me right now” the new professor argued back and Snape motioned for me to go with them.

They put me in front of a box before the new professor opened it “Keep calm” Snape said and I looked to see the shape forming, I looked away “Concentrate Christy” Snape stated “I-I don’t…” “Yes you do! Picture it, face it,” he ordered. I looked back to see the creature staring at me, I froze trying to picture anything “Anything Christy” he said as I forced my brain to function “Riddukulus!” I stated and the creature shrank and turned pink before barking happily.

“Well done, maybe you see now why I teach her. Christy you may go” Snape offered and I nodded leaving, I’d barely walked into the common room before Draco pulled me back out. “Where are we going?” “Just out” he said as we got outside and I nodded, we walked over the grounds and he stopped “So why are you with Snape so much? I know your lying” “He’s been helping me with some spells, he wants me to do more complicated spells” I explained and he nodded.

He motioned me towards him before wrapping his arms around my waist pulling my back into his chest “Christy dad told me that your father’s doing raids again, if he got in trouble would your dad stop us being friends?” I shrugged before feeling his head on my shoulder “We might have to find out then” he stated. It fell silent and I felt him breathing on my neck “Does this annoy you?” he asked and I shook my head, we’d never spoken about us and I was okay with it.

“Good” he whispered kissing the skin behind my ear; I turned to face him pushing my lips to his “Sure your not annoyed?” I shook my head so he pressed his lips against mine. His hands pushed into my coat pulling me closer to him and I pulled away putting my hand to my mouth “What?” he asked confused, “I just got it, Snape said something to me earlier and I get what he meant” I rambled.

“What?” “Well the new Dark Arts professor walked in, they made me face a boggart and I didn’t understand why because we did that last year and Snape’s not been teaching me anything to do with it. He lied to cover what he’d actually been teaching me, but I couldn’t do it and he had to force me into it and after he said…” Draco cut me off. “Why couldn’t you do it? You used to be good at it?” he asked “Because it scared me” “But you’ve always beat the spider, just put funny clothes on it and you were okay with it” he stated.

“It’s not a spider anymore thanks to you, it turns into a great big werewolf” I admitted and he nodded “But afterwards Snape said ‘Maybe you see now why I teach her’” “And?” Draco asked. I rolled my eyes “And we’ve been making certain Potions recently that do certain things, use that brain Draco. He’s a werewolf” I said “Snape?” “No not Snape, the new professor!” I snapped and his eyes widened.

“Professor Lupin’s a werewolf?” “No” Draco stated and I nodded “He is, think about it! I’m going to ask Snape” “Oh yes he’ll tell you” he said sarcastically and I smiled. “He will, he hardly seems keen on the guy” “Hang on does this mean you’ve been sat in the same room as a werewolf?” Draco teased and I nodded making him laugh, “I’m not going to class ever again” “Aww I’ll protect you from the big bad werewolf. Promise” he joked and I laughed. “Do I remind you of a werewolf?” “No, why?” I asked, “Because you come to that realisation whilst kissing me, not cool Christy” he joked, “Well I didn’t like to say anything” I replied and he laughed.

“Come here” he stated pulling me to him before grabbing my neck kissing me. His fingers gripped at my skin as his thumbs ran across my jaw, my hands pushed into his robbers and under his sweater as he deepened the kiss. He pulled away grabbing my hand “Come with me” he whispered pulling me after him and into the edge of the Forbidden Forest before pulling me to him as he leant up a tree, his hands fell to my hips as his kissed me.

We’d been there awhile when there was a crack and we pulled apart “What was that?” he asked and I shrugged kissing him again, “I’m serious what’s going on?” he whispered and I kissed him again making him smile. There was voices and he looked around before pointing to the trees further into the forest “There’s someone coming, quick” he said pulling me after him and we got to the grounds again “Hey what are you doing?” a voice shouted “Malfoy what are you doing sneaking around here?” “How is that your business?” Draco shouted.

“When your sneaking around the Forbidden Forest its my business!” “This isn’t the Forbidden Forest so we’re not doing anything wrong” Draco answered before walking off and I smiled at Hagrid before running after Draco.