Teen Angst

25

It was awkwardly silent until Hermione spoke “So Christy I thought you’d come with Draco or one of the others” she stated “No Neville asked me” “How come you two are friends?” she asked “Oh erm we…” “I found Trevor and my brother keeps asking me about one so I asked Neville for some advice” I lied and they nodded “I erm like your dress” I offered and she nodded “Yours is nice” “Her gran made it” Neville cut in and I smiled.

“You have a quidditch match soon don’t you?” I asked and Harry just nodded “Marcus said so” I added “Oh your friends with him are you?” he replied. “Yeah, he’s not bad” “Anyway do you want to dance?” Neville asked quickly and I nodded so he led me off with him, “Thanks for making your friends be nice” I said as we danced and he smiled “Thanks for coming with me” “Thanks for asking me” I replied.

We’d been dancing for awhile when Neville went to get us drinks, I felt hands on my waist “Someone scrubs up well” they whispered and I turned to see Draco “Look at you Draco Malfoy in your dress robes, how very handsome of you” I admitted and he nodded “So let’s see this date of yours” he said and I smiled “He’ll be back in a minute” “Oh well in that case, get over here!” he shouted and Crabbe, Goyle and the two girls they’d got with them appeared shortly followed by Arielle.

I saw Neville walking over and his eyes widened and I smiled at him, I saw him look between them before walking over “What do you want Longbottom?” Draco snapped and Neville went to answer, “You wanted to meet my date, well here he is” I cut in and Draco looked at me.

“Longbottom, your date is Longbottom. Good joke Groshank” Crabbe laughed and Neville looked awkward “I’m not joking Neville’s my date” I answered, “Longbottom can’t even keep his toad under control, I’m surprised he’s not lost you yet” Goyle joked and they all laughed “Look maybe you didn’t want to come with me but all you had to do was say and I’d have found someone better to be your date” Draco snided.

I glared at Draco “Malfoy I said no to you because I already had a date, I don’t need your help in getting a date!” I argued, “You obviously do if you had to wait for him to ask” Draco joked. “Both Crabbe and Goyle asked me” “Yeah well that’s them two but even they’re better than him” Draco snapped and I shook my head “If you must know Crabbe and Flint asked me before Neville did, then Flint asked me again and Zabini asked me before you did and then Goyle asked me!” “You said no to them for him?” Draco asked.

“Yes because I wanted to go with Neville! You know what Draco next time if it bothers you that much ask me before not the week before the ball! You were basically the last person to ask me, even if Neville and I weren’t friends I’d have said yes to Marcus Flint, now leave me alone!” I shouted.

“Come on Neville” I said turning to him and he walked off with me “I’m sorry about them, ignore what they said they’re idiots sometimes” I stated “They asked you before I did?” “What?” I asked confused. “You said Crabbe and Flint asked you before I did” “Oh yeah they did” I replied, “You said no to them but not me” “Because I didn’t want to come with Crabbe so that meant I couldn’t go with Goyle” I explained and he nodded.

It got to the end of the night “I’ll walk you back” Neville offered and I smiled leaving with him, “So I’ll see you tomorrow” I nodded “Bye” I said and he smiled hugging me before turning and leaving. I smiled as I watched him before seeing Marcus Flint, his date and my friends walking over “Groshank its nice to see your date has you home early” Marcus shouted and I smiled “Yeah well when your dates Neville Longbottom anything’s possible” Goyle joked and I shook my head walking off.

I heard footsteps and then Marcus appeared in front of me “What did I do?” “Laugh at the fact I was with Neville” I cut back “I never laughed, them lot did but I didn’t. I mean yeah I never would’ve thought of you 2 together and I’m partly hurt you picked him over me but it’s your choice” he explained as I walked off and he caught up with me as I said the password walking in the common room.

“So did Longbottom lose you?” Draco asked, “Get lost!” “It was you that got lost! Neville Longbottom, nothing will ever make me laugh as much as this” Draco shouted. “Draco shut up! Why can’t you just leave it alone?” “Because you Christy Groshank went to the ball with Neville Longbottom” Draco shouted and people looked at me, I turned running out the common room “Groshank slow down!” Marcus shouted and I shook my head.

“Christy where are you going?” Anywhere” I said, “Well wait up” “No, go away” I ordered, “Christy you can’t storm out the castle, there’s teachers everywhere” “Well…” I stopped as I saw loads of people around the entrance hall still. “Ergh, I hate him. Why can’t he just shut up?” I asked and Marcus shrugged “Let’s go” he said taking my hand and leading me back to the great hall, there was still people dancing and talking, he pulled me to dance with him and I couldn’t stop thinking about Draco.

“Why’d he have to be like that?” “Because he’s Draco, you’ve known him long enough that you should know he can be that way. I can see why he’s being that way but you’re his best friend so he’ll come around” he reasoned. By the time he persuaded me to leave there was only a couple of people left, we walked back into the common room and people were still around “I’m going to bed, night” I said hugging Marcus and running up the stairs.