Life's Complications

Chapter 18

I was walking towards the car that Cameron was in. I was clutching on my bag and not actually carry it, something I did when I'm terrified. I want to tell Cameron but I also want to respect Michael's choice of not telling the guys. I'm sure he'll tell them soon. I noticed Cameron sitting in the drivers seat and I sat on the passenger seat. He had a smile on that relaxed me a little bit but as soon as I stepped inside the car, my hearted started to pound so hard I could hear it between my ears. I cleared my throat and stared at the road ahead of me. I noticed that Cameron didn't start the car yet. I turned my head towards him. "Uh, aren't you gonna start the car?"
"What's wrong, your face is pale." He said.
"Nothing. Wait, shouldn't I be driving?" I changed the subject, setting my bag on the floor of the car to ease my nerves.
"Do you like lakes?" He asked, smirking.
I smiled and lifting an eyebrow up at him. "We're going to a lake....?"
"Why not?" He asked. "I could show tricks my dad taught me, I got my fishing kit with me."
"I've never went fishing." I said.
"Oh," He put his hands on his heart and raised an eyebrow. "I'm honored to be the first one to teach you."
"It is an honor." I said, he rolled his eyes.
When Cameron said lake, I thought it would be hours away but It was only a matter of minutes when he pulled to a lake where there was only a few families there. He took us to the abandoned side and started to set up his kit and pull out two fishing poles. He explained everything for me for twenty minutes. Seeing the fact that I kept kissing him and he didn't seem to complain. He handed me the pole and he grabbed his.
"Now remember," He said. "You have to choose your bait carefully and don't alarm the fish."
"I got this, Cam." I said. "I got this."
I cast my fishing pole into the lake and waited. Cameron had already picked his target and caught it in approximately six minutes. I on the other hand had to pick another location to catch some for myself.
"Hey!" I shouted. "I found one, holy shit, it's big."
"Come on, get it!"
I threw the hook into the water and waited for the fish to catch the bait. Bite. I felt it's bite and quickly started to pull it out. Cameron had to help me a little but I managed to pull it out into the sand and it flopped on the ground till it stopped moving. "Holy shit, it's huge. Cameron look!"
"It's is pretty damn huge. Congratulations, you just caught your first fish." He said as he put his arms around my shoulders.
"Oh," I cupped my hands together and stared at it. "I'm not eating it."
"Fine, we'll give it to my dad." He said. "He likes fish."
I smiled and kissed his lips and he started to rub my neck as I did so too. I felt his smile and I messed his hair. He rested his forehead on mine and smiled. "You're so beautiful."
"You're too sweet." I said. "Hey, how about you come home with me. You'll get to hang around my parents so that they can see how amazing you are and they'll let me go."
He stared at me like i'm care for a few seconds before smiling. "Just go grab your things and lets go."

"So, Cameron you're the guitarist for the band?" My dad asked.
"Actually, I'm the bassist." He said.
"You know, I was in a band once." My dad said, both Mom and I laughed.
"You did not." My mother said.
"I'm just messing with you, but I did have a little guitar that I used to play around." He said.
"Maybe you can come play with us sometimes." Cameron said.
"Oh no," My dad said. "Those days are way over."
"Too bad, cause I swear sir it's the best feeling you'll ever get." Cameron said and by the way he was moving his hands and how his eyes sparkled, he seemed to be telling the truth.
"So, Alice told me about the competition your band is entering." My mom said.
"Oh, yeah." Cameron said, as he eyed me.
"That's great," My mom said.
"So when's our plane flies?" I said, implying that I am in fact going.
"Excuse me?" Mom said. "There is no plane."
"Why not?"
"Because we said no, Alice."
"I'm sixteen, I'm going." I said.
"You like to ruin my life, don't you?" I asked.
"Alice." My dad said.
"No, she obviously enjoys ruining it and gets whatever chance she's got." I said. "Just quit interfering in my life and let me be."
I got up from the wooden chair and started to walk upstairs, halfway through I remembered Cameron and how I shouldn't have left him in that awkward position. I closed the door and laid on my bed, tired of everything. I heard a knock on the door but I wasn't going to get up. I knew it was my mom so I didn't answer.
"It's me." Cameron said.
"Come in." I said, as soon as he came to my view, I smiled. "Sorry, she just pisses me off."
"Don't worry about it." He said, climbing into my bed and sat next to me. "Are you okay?"
"No." I answered unleashing the tears from my vision. Cameron hugged me closer to him and stroked my hair.
"It's gonna be alright." He kept mumbling.
My mom didn't take long enough till she entered my room. "Can we talk?"
"Why?" I said. "You probably won't let me."
"Alice," My mom said. "Please."
"I'm gonna be downstairs." Cameron said. I eyed Cameron with his every move till he closed the door behind him. I turned to look at my mom who was already making her way towards me. She sat down next to me and I moved away slightly.
"Honey?" She said, I looked up. "Look, yes, you are old enough to leave without parental supervision and yes I do believe you can take care of yourself. But, I really really don't want you to leave."
"Mom it's not like I'm gone forever," I said. "It's only durning the summer and I'll call you every single day. I'll be in safe hands."
She looked into my eyes and removed the piece of hair in front of my face and smiled. "You are so beautiful and I don't know how I am going to handle it when you leave for college."
"Is that a yes?!" I said.
"That's a 'I'll think about it'" She said.
"Oh my god, totally good enough for me!!" I said, I got up and hugged her so tight I think the last time we hugged like this was when I was younger. I will miss my mom and dad.

The sunlight beamed and creeped through my curtains sending heat on the back of my neck. I got up and it was friday, in a short amount of time, I'll be on a plane with Cameron. I tried to fight the urge to punch Jake in the face durning math. He had a stupid grin I want to just rip it off. I was planning to make a run for it before I basically attack him.
"Hey." He still had his stupid grin on.
"Fuck off." I said.
"Can't do that." He said.
"What do you want, Jake?"
"Nothing," A smirk. "Just checking up on you."
"Like you care."
"I do care," He said.
"I can't stand to look at you without fight the ugly urge to punch you in the face." I said. "Delete the picture."
"Can't do that too."
"It's a private matter, Jake. I don't care if it's about me but it isn't." I said.
"Cameron won't like to see his best friend and girlfriend all alone." He said.
"Cameron knows Michael and I are good friends." I said.
"I think he will like this picture."