Life's Complications

Chapter 8

"Oh honey, You might wanna go get checked out," The school's nurse informed me. "As a matter of fact, Take this." She turned around to open the drawer, I saw her open a bottle and taking something from it. She turned my way and handed me a pill. I wasn't sure about taking the pill. "It will help you trust me, the doctors gave us these to help student with a headache and dizziness."
I nodded and took the pill, looked at it for a few moments before chugging it in. "Alright, go home, take a nap and you'll feel great afterward. If not, go get checked out. Okay?"
I nodded. "Thanks Mrs.James."

"What are you doing home so early, Hun?" My mother asked, as soon as i walked through the door. "Are you okay?" She asked.
"I've been dizzy and-"
"What?!" She said, she ran towards me. Cupping my face and looked into my eyes to find a sign. "What happened? didn't you eat breakfast? I've always told you to-"
"No mom!" I said. "I ate breakfast right in front of you."
"Oh right," She said. "Alright, go wear something cozy and come back down here."
I did what i was told to. I grabbed a blanket because i knew for a fact my mom won't let me out her sight. She made chicken soup and hot tea with lemon, something she did every time i feel uneasy.
"I'll just go call the doctor to make an appointment for you tomorrow okay? Just eat your soup and drink your tea and don't move, okay?" She said.
"Woah, mom." I said. "Relax, i'm fine now it's-" I felt the dizziness again and laid back down on the couch.
"Honey, please!" She said. "Don't move!"
I couldn't reply back to her as i stayed laying down. She made her call after hearing her voice all the way from the kitchen. She made her way to me and continued to feed me after seeing me struggle.
After i finished eating, and after one hour of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I fell to my slumber at twelve PM. I was woken up four hours later by Lisa's face.
"Hey." I said, smiling. I notice some movements from the back, I got up to look and of course i found the guys there.
"We wanted to check up on you." Lisa said. "How are you doing?"
"I-I'm good." I said. "How long have you been here?"
"We just got here." Zach said.
"How are you feeling? Do you want anything?" Cameron asked.
"No, thanks." I said.
"Are you sure?" Nathan asked.
"How about from outside, I could order something?" Michael spoke.
"No," I said, smiling. "It's ok, really."
"Why did you tell us?" Cameron said. "What if something happened to you and-"
"Cameron," I said. "I'm fine. Can't you see?"
"No," Nathan spoke. "Your face's green, Alice."
"I'm sorry." I spoke.
"Don't." Cameron spoke, smiling. "Do you want another cup of tea."
I'm so sick of this pity.
"Guys," I said, getting up. "I appreciate your concern, but i'm fine. I don't need another cup of tea or anything."
"Okay." Cameron said. "Just don't push yourself too hard."
"I won't." I smiled. "Thank you for coming, without you guys, i'd be so bored."
"Yeah?" Lisa said.
"Yeah," I replied. "Nothing would be on in this hour, i'd end up watching Hannah Montana or How I Met Your Mother, which i love."
"Woah!" Zach paused. "Cameron has his ipod filled with Hannah Montana songs"
"Shut up, man!" Cameron said. "I share my iTunes with my sister."
"Nice save." I said, nodding.
He smiled and rolled his eyes.
"Hey guys, can you guys leave us a minute?" I asked.
Everyone nodded and left. Cameron looked at me with concern. I smiled to reassure him, but then my smile faded. "I- I'm gonna have to reschedule our date."
Cameron smiled at me. "I know, we can reschedule it when you're better."
I smiled. "Thanks for understanding," I said. "And thanks for being here."
"I wouldn't rather be anywhere else, nor somebody." He said, poking my head.
"Even Hannah Montana?" I asked.
"Even Hannah Montana." He told me.

I woke up with Cameron snoring. One of the many things mom taught me when i get sick or just feel uneasy is taking a cold shower, it always helps, and that's what i did, after tip toeing outside my room. I felt a little bit once i left the bathroom, but i also felt cold. I rushed to my bed and covered my self. I had enough sleep for the day, I thought to myself. My sudden and swift movements cause Cameron to wake up.
"Sorry." I said, smiling.
"Ha, no problem, I should probably go anyways." He said.
"No," I said. "I mean, you don't have to. We've slept enough, haven't we?"
"Yeah, but what will your parents do if they find me here?" He asked.
"It's fine, it's not like we're doing anything." I said.
"Yeah, but-"
It was Three in the morning, so i wouldn't be surprised if my parents were sound asleep.
"What do you want for breakfast?" Cameron asked.
"You cook?" I asked.
"No," He said. "But i'll try."
I laughed, "Let's stick to the traditional Cereal, it'll increase our chances to burn the place down."
"That's probably the safest choice." He said.
"Yeah." I said.