Lestrange Affair

War

It’d been 3 weeks since then and I’d noticed Draco’s absence from school and knew he’d been called by the Dark Lord but I wasn’t aware for what or why. I was awoke at night by the severe burning of my arm and I dressed quickly as the burning intensified running to Severus’ office only to be met by Alecto, Amycus and Severus in the hallways.

“My arm” I said and they all nodded “Ours too” Alecto answered, “Potter, he’s in the castle! Draco found out yesterday, you know the plan!” Severus rushed before we all rushed to the Great Hall taking our places. “It’s now isn’t it?” I asked quietly and Severus nodded “Remember what I told you Hydra, we all pay for our actions,” he whispered and I moved to his side as the students filed in.

Our eyes scanned the students but it was impossible, there was so many of them. Severus started to talk when my eyes caught a figure and I closed the gap between Severus and myself. “The back, it’s the Weasley twins” I whispered and he looked at me.

“You’re sure?” “I went to school with them! It’s them! The others must be here” I replied as he nodded “Find them,” he ordered and I let my eyes search others out but found nothing “It’s hopeless, there’s too many students. From what I can see it’s only them,” I mumbled and he nodded. “Do what you must” he permitted and I bowed my head, in one swift movement my wand was pulled from hiding.

“It appears we have some unwelcome visitors in our castle, Weasley’s at that!” I shouted sending a curse in their direction as students screamed, “And it appears you are mistaken if you believe this to be your castle!” a voice answered. Gasps were heard as Potter stepped forward with his group of friends and Amycus and Alecto reacted sending curses at them.

“Don’t kill him! He’s the Dark Lords!” I ordered over the noise and The Carrow’s nodded as a group surrounded Harry pulling the robes off to reveal The Order. “What should we do?” Alecto asked and I kept my wand trained on them “Take him!” I growled, “I think we should wait for him, the Dark Lord will have plans for us!” Alecto answered.

I saw a wand move and I blocked the spell before it reached us but the loud smash heard was The Carrow’s escaping. “So much for loyalty!” I said as the group advanced on us, “How could you?” Potter shouted at Severus sending a curse his way but he blocked it. “Leave him to me!” the werewolf cut in pushing Potter and the others behind him.

Curses flew between them when I raised my own wand “Reducto!” I shouted only for one to run forward and block it. “Hydra Lestrange, you never change” she commented and I laughed “Tonks! You couldn’t beat me when I was 15, how do you suppose you will 7 years later?” I asked. “You don’t scare me!” she replied sending a curse my way and I laughed blocking it, we’d been sending spells between us for awhile before I heard Severus call my name.

“Hydra, my hand, take my hand” “What?” I said confused as we kept duelling “He wants us, we must go!” Severus shouted and I reached out for it taking my eye from Tonks momentarily. “Sectumsepmra!” I barked and saw Tonks fall backwards as I felt the familiar sensation of apparating.