Lestrange Affair

Dad

“What did you do to him?” I growled as they all pointed wands back at me “I’ll kill you! I don’t care if you’re his, I’ll kill you myself. I swear I’ll…” “They…they saved me” I heard a familiar but weak voice say and I span to see Draco trying to sit up.

I dropped to his side grabbing him “Hydra Lestrange are you crying?” he asked and I shook my head “Yes you are! Never in my 18 years have I seen you cry! I thought you didn’t care about Draco Malfoy anymore?” he questioned and I pulled away looking at him.

“I never meant for you to get hurt, are you okay? Draco you scared me, I thought you were…I thought you’d…” I trailed off before he kissed me and I felt relief and nerves rush through me. He pulled away coughing holding his side and I remembered the others I pointed my wand at them “They saved me” he choked out and I looked back at him lowering my wand. “Go! Now before I change my mind!” I growled at them and I heard footsteps as they ran off “Thank you!” I called after them as I helped Draco up.

I discovered he was hurt but nothing major, nothing I couldn’t fix myself with a few potions. I heard The Dark Lord’s voice recall us all and I grabbed one of them running past “Where’s Severus?” I asked and she looked at us both “He was heading to the Dark Lord,” she answered and I let her go.

I apparated not needing to tell Draco to hold my hand as his cold fingers hooked through my own as they shook. “Hydra, where’ve you been?” my father barked at me “I found Draco father, I had to help him. Where is The Dark Lord?” I said and he looked at me. “He was at the shack with Lucius” he replied as I apparated again.

“Why do we need Severus?” “Because he’ll know how to find what I need to make that potion! Without it you’ll feel no better” I answered and he nodded resting against my side “Can’t we just wait here a minute, it hurts to breathe” he mumbled and I nodded.

“Hydra I‘m sorry I…” “I’m sorry I got you hurt, I should’ve protected you, I could’ve protected you better!” I cut in and he sighed, “You cried, I can’t believe you cried! You cried because of me, Hydra Lestrange cried because of Draco Malfoy,” he teased and I laughed.

“I thought you were dead” I replied “Yes and you cried, how would Amycus feel about that?” “Amycus is no longer a person I respect. He deserted us in that Great Hall! He is no better than them,” I snapped and he laughed, “Like you had any form of respect for The Carrow’s previously” he joked and I smiled.

“I came after you! I heard your father talking about you catching Potter, I knew they’d been in that Room Of Requirement and thought you’d be there. You weren’t and a spell went wrong, there was a fire and we couldn’t put it out! I fell trying to get away and I thought that I was…but someone grabbed me! They came back to save me” he explained. “Fools!” I mumbled as he straightened himself up kissing my cheek “Come on” he said pulling me with him.

We headed up the stairs only to hear Severus talking followed by a bang and a voice we both stiffened upon hearing. There was a pop and then rushed voices “Potter” Draco whispered and I heard a voice that was weak and I ran up the stairs letting go of Draco. I broke into the room to see a dark figure on the floor with Potter crouched over him and his 2 friends on the opposite him but the dark figure took my breath away.

“Hydra” they whispered as tears burnt my eyes, “No” I collapsed next to them pushing Potter away “Who did this?” “The Dark Lo-Lord” he stuttered and I shook my head but he nodded. “What do I do to stop it, what potion do I need?” I cried as he simply shook his head “Hydra, Severus?” I heard Draco ask and he crouched next to us.

“Wh-Why?” I questioned my hand on his chest “We must all pay for our actions Hydra, every single one of us! This is my payment” “No! You don’t deserve this. You are faithful! You’ve treated him well, you can’t be…no!” I shouted. “Hydra this had to happen, this was the choice I made many years ago now and you know it. My dear I have made my choices and I knew the risks, this is what had to happen,” he explained as tears choked me.

His hand shook as it reached for my face “Remember everything I said Hydra, be brave and do your own thing. Make your own decisions; take your own path. You have taught me so much my girl” “Dad no! You can’t, don’t say that! You’ll be fine. I can fix you! I know how, I know I do! You’ve taught me everything dad, everything!” I snapped at him.

“Hydra you cannot fix me this time, there’s nothing we can do. I am sorry it had to come to this,” he mumbled as his hand shook against my skin and I stared at him. I knew how long he had left “Granger I hear you have a certain aptitude for most things so time to prove it. Cauldron now!” I ordered pointing to the old one in the corner of the room and she ran to it.

“Hydra there’s nothing you can do” Severus mumbled and I shook my head “You have about 8 minutes left and I only need 5 of them, Granger might need 7 but well I guess you’ll have to hold on a bit,” I stated before ordering out instructions to her. “I don’t have anything to use, where am I meant to find this stuff?” she complained, “Try Accio, you’ll find it works wonders,” I growled at her and I heard Draco shouting things out as stuff appeared from under sheets etc.