Lestrange Affair

Battleground

“You’re alive!” I cried and he nodded hugging me “I’m not sure how but it appears so” “But…but you died” I said and he nodded “But you administered the potion before then” he replied. “That never happened with the centaur” “Yes well they’re halfbreeds Hydra, maybe it works differently?” Draco suggested and I looked at him. “Hydra we must talk” Severus said leading me outside but before he had time to say anything I heard The Dark Lord’s voice announce he’d killed Potter and we were to all go to the castle with him.

“Draco” I said and he appeared back outside “We must go” I mumbled and he nodded holding his hand out as Severus shook his head at me and I took it as he apparated and I saw the corridor on the outside of Hogwarts around us.

Draco pulled me with him out of sight and I saw the Dark Lord and the others on our right and the students and the Order on the left, I heard talking but I didn’t listen as I pulled my hand from Draco’s walking forwards. “Mistress Lestrange, I wondered where you’d got to” the Dark Lord smiled and I looked away from him.

“How could you?” I asked and I saw Draco move forward out my eye corner and stand a few feet from me “Master Malfoy” he added and Draco kept his eyes fixed on them all. “Don’t you ignore me, how could you?” I snapped and I heard my father gasp, “Hydra remember your manners!” he scolded and I looked up at him to see he was furious.

“I’ll remember my manners when I see a person deserving of them! How could you stand there and kill him, when has he ever failed you?” I snapped knowing off Severus’ activities. I knew that Severus had tried to protect Potter and I knew why but I didn’t agree with it! I never truly understood until of late and it had forever caused arguments between us but it was something we did not speak of, he had his opinions and I had mine, he was a good servant to the Dark Lord other than that and I knew he was aware he couldn’t protect him forever.

“Hydra I am unsure as to what you are talking about but I would remind you to remember whom you are talking to!” the Dark Lord growled and I nodded looking at him. “I thought I knew but I was wrong, you murdered my dad! You stood there and you killed him, you killed my dad!” I shouted at him as I felt anger rush through me and my grip on my wand tighten.

“Hydra I’m here, come here at once!” my father ordered and I shook my head “You are no more my dad than he is! We are related by name only, you are not my dad and you never were! You have taught me no more than spells and cruelty, he killed him! Why did you kill Severus?” I asked looking back at the Dark Lord as he raised his hand to silence the others.

“Hydra you…” “Answer me! Why did you kill Severus Snape?” I demanded, I saw aunt Bellatrix jump onto a rock and before I had time to react Draco jumped in front of me blocking her spell and sending it into the wall near us. “Draco, what are you doing?” his father barked and he stood still, I shook my head “Come Hydra we will solve this, I can teach you much! We can be strong and a young witch like you will go far with me, you are a good servant to me,” he reasoned.

I shook my head “Never, I want no part in this anymore! I thought you were right, I thought this was right but it’s not! I am not your servant,” I growled walking backwards from them “Hydra what do you mean you’re not his servant?” my father asked. “I will not fight for him, I won’t fight for someone who killed my dad. I won’t fight alongside you!” I shouted at him.

“Draco come here, don’t you listen to that girl” his father snarled and Draco looked at them “Yes Draco come,” the Dark Lord ordered and he shook his head moving to my side. “Make your own decision Draco,” I warned, “What stops him killing us even if we do stay with him?” “What stops him killing us now? Nothing Draco, you decide what you feel not from fear! I haven’t given up from fear; I don’t care! I won’t be one of them anymore” I answered him and he shook his head grabbing my hand.

“I killed Severus Snape because I had to, it was necessary to kill him to save us” the Dark Lord answered me, “He was a good servant to me but I had to do it, he lies dead because it had to happen” he added.

There was a loud bang and they all turned to face the corridor and I saw Potter running and people ran in all directions with curses flying through the air. “Hydra come on!” Draco begged pulling my hand and I ran with him sending spells into clouds of black over our heads.

He pulled me quickly into a classroom “What are you doing?” I snapped and he looked at me “Why have you chosen this Draco?” I asked and he looked around us “I wasn’t leaving you” “Draco this isn’t a time to be sentimental, whether you stay with them or not you will always be my friend,” I argued and he nodded. “I couldn’t fight for someone who had hurt you that way, I won’t fight against you! You know I thought I as going to die in that room, then they came back for me. I’ve been nothing but horrible to them and they saved me, aunt Bellatrix would’ve left me! They saved their enemy, I can’t fight someone who saved me,” he explained and I laughed.

“You are sentimental aren’t you?” I teased and he laughed as there was a loud crack and I jumped “Severus, your dad?” he questioned and I rolled my eyes “It’s a long story, if we make out here alive I’ll explain. Now come on, I didn’t leave them to stay in here and hide. He tried to kill him, I won’t let him get away with it!” I growled opening the door and running out with Draco following me into the great hall to see spells flying everywhere.