Lestrange Affair

Saviour

I saw a figure sending curses at Yaxley before sending him flying through a window and turning to me “Friend or foe Hydra?” “I have one thing to ask? Is this thing always going to be there dad?” I asked pointing to my dark mark and he laughed, “It may fade in time” “He thinks you are dead, go now!” I ordered and he shook his head “And miss Draco attempt to duel someone? Never” he stated and I smiled.

I saw Rodolphus appear through a smashed window and I raised my wand sending him flying back outside again, there was a loud bang and everyone looked to see the Dark Lord stood at the top of the great hall. “Where is Harry Potter?” he demanded and I let my anger better me sending a curse in his direction but Bellatrix stepped forward shielding him along with the other death eaters.

“Hydra Lestrange you are a disgrace to the family name!” she yelled as a jet of green light left her wand and Severus stopped it before I could. “Severus is that you?” “Yes My Lord” he answered, “I-I killed you” “That is where you are wrong, you thought you’d killed me only they found me” he said calmly as he stood in the way stopping me sending any more curses.

“How?” “You said yourself Hydra is a talented witch, however you failed to understand where her loyalties would lie. You all failed to understand how whilst you were teaching her for a purpose you were pulling her from it at the same time. For all your efforts you have failed to sense she is far more like her real parents than you’d like, whilst she will carry out what is asked of her she will not destroy or desert those who she cares for” Severus explained.

“Hydra my dear we will forgive all this if you come back, you are our family, our friend” the Dark Lord tried and I shook my head, “As for me, well I haven’t been your servant for years. The past 18 years I have been faithful only to Dumbledore, I don’t act on your wishes at all. I am and always will be a member of The Order!” Severus answered.

“You filthy halfblood!” Bellatrix shouted sounding a curse our way but Severus blocked sending her backwards and apparating, before long spells were bouncing from walls and windows were shattered in the process. I saw Bellatrix over in the corner and ran towards her to see her rounding on a group of students, “Who are you calling a halfblood?” I growled knocking her over as a red light hit her back.

She screamed in pain, she aimed her wand at me “Expelliarmus!” I shouted catching her wand. I pointed my own at her “Hydra you wouldn’t harm family, we stick together” she begged and I looked at her “You killed your family, you let mine rot in Azkaban. I bet you never even thought to bring my real father when you were busy breaking out did you? That place is too good for you,” I snapped at her as she watched me.

“We can go find him, we’ll fetch him for you” she reasoned and I shook my head “Reducto!” I yelled aiming my wand at the brick overhead and within seconds it covered her. I looked at her feet no longer moving and heard someone shout that I recognised, I looked around to see my father hit by a curse and disappear only this time I knew he hadn’t apparated.

I felt someone grab me and knew it was Draco; I pushed myself free seeing 3 Weasley’s together. I ran towards them “Harry, where is he?” I asked and they refused to tell me but I saw him move nearby and I blocked a spell heading his way grabbing him “The thing you’re all looking for? It’s the snake!” I shouted over the sounds nearby and he looked at me before I let him go.

It seemed never-ending, constant curses been hurled between people and the over powering noise of rebounding spells and destruction. No amount of learning or practise could make you ready and prepared for this, from nowhere the person in front of me was sent flying and I looked to see Harry and his 2 friends.

“Thanks! Did you find it?” I asked and they nodded “We need him” the girl answered me and I looked at them, “You can call him” “There’s no need, he’s in this hall somewhere” Harry cut across her. I looked around and saw the majority of Death Eaters in the far end “I’d guess over there, they’ll be protecting him. You’ll have to get through them first” I replied only to see they’d disappeared.

Moments later I heard the cold laugh I’d heard so many times before and everything seemed to fall silent, I heard them both shout spells together and ran towards the noise. I pushed through people only to find Severus at the front watching as The Dark Lord and Harry’s wands seemed connected, I went to move forward but he grabbed me “No Hydra!” he ordered holding my arm.

I felt someone grab my hand and saw Draco at my side, his fingers dug into my own. Everyone just watched the scene before them not sure what to do and as the noise raged on I felt a burning in m arm growing to intense pain and I broke free from Draco looking at my arm and Severus wrapped his arm around my head pulling it to his chest.

“It’ll stop Hydra” he reassured as I shook my head and with that a loud noise rang through the hall as I felt something rip at my skin and then silence and the pain stopped. Severus let me go and I saw that every death eater had left and Harry’s friends surrounded him hugging and crying.

“Dad where…” “It’s over Hydra, he’s gone forever,” he said hugging me and I felt relieved, he let me go only for Draco to grab me hugging me, “Its really over isn’t it?” he asked and I nodded.