Lestrange Affair

Duty

I walked back into the house and up the stairs knocking on the door, “Who is it?” he asked “Draco” I said and the door opened to reveal Draco sat on his bed with his legs crossed looking worried. I shut the door and he shook his head at me “Just hold on” I stated and he smiled at me “So you’ll be at Hogwarts?” “Appears so, your mother seemed unhappy with it” I said and he nodded. “About as unhappy as Severus was with your little post at the school” he stated and I looked at him shocked and he nodded “When he said it about you going to Hogwarts Severus looked like he wanted to die, I’ve never seen him look so bothered by something. He seemed like he wanted to…well he looked like my mother did when she heard him say that about me” Draco explained and I nodded.

“Are you looking forward to school again?” I asked “For school yes” he replied and I smiled knowing what he meant; Draco was scared of what he had been asked to do but everyone was scared of failing the Dark Lord. “Want to go out somewhere?” I said and he nodded getting up “Draco” his mother said as we walked out the room “Where are you going?” “Outside, we were going to go…” his mother simply shook her head.

“You will stay in this house and go to bed, as for you Hydra your father has left,” she informed and I nodded “Where has he gone?” “Business, you are to go home,” she ordered and I bowed my head. “Mother could she stay with us tonight” “No Draco her father instructed for her to go home and that is where she should go. Now to bed” she cut back and he nodded as she turned, “Bye” I said and he nodded smiling as I walked off with his mother.

2 days later my father hadn’t been home, I heard a noise downstairs and crept down to see him walking through the door “Father, where’ve you been?” I asked, “Business, as I’m sure Narcissa told you, what have you been doing is the question?” he replied walking past me and sitting in the kitchen. “I-I’ve been packing certain items to take to Hogwarts and re-reading my spell books to make sure I am ready for the task I was asked to do” I offered and he nodded “And were is my food?” he snapped and I flicked my wand setting pans into motion.

Silence hung through the house as always as he rested his feet on the table “Father I will try my hardest to carry out what is asked of me but what if I fail?” I asked and I heard his feet hit the floor “Hydra which part of my first warning did you not hear? Failure is not an option; Lestrange’s do not fail! We do what is asked of us and we do it well, I understand that you were not always brought up to understand this but you will honour your heritage and you will earn your right to have your surname as Lestrange or god help you” he barked and I nodded quickly fighting the tears in my eyes.

“Father, w-what do you mean I wasn’t always brought up to understand?” I questioned as I put the food in front of him. “That sadly your early life does not reflect that of what you should be! You’re a Lestrange but sadly my cousin failed to make you see it. Every failure you have nowadays I can see it started from that terrible start in life now go, leave me!” he shouted and I practically ran out the room and upstairs.