Lestrange Affair

Vaults

3 weeks later and I was back at Malfoy Manor except for this time Draco and I were outside alone, I saw that he’d become increasingly nervous and stressed of late although he was yet to voice this. I’d known Draco since he was born and therefore possessed some form of understanding of him, he was recently 18 and I was 22. As a member of the Lestrange family I had been brought up around Draco, but his father disliked me greatly.

“I fear this year may turn out to be the most dangerous and fearsome yet,” I admitted and he nodded “What am I to do?” he asked and shrugged “That is your decision Draco not mine, I have my own battles to fight this year or rather to teach. I fear I will fail and my family may suffer” I explained and he nodded running his hand through his bright blonde hair.

“H-Hydra help me” he said quietly “Help you?” I repeated and he nodded “I cannot do this alone, help me. You have the ability to help me, please you have to,” he begged. “How can I help you Draco?” I asked, “Teach me what I need to survive, he has asked more of me. He wants me to do work whilst I’m there, receive information from him and carry out the work. I cannot do this alone, if I fail I will die; please Hydra help me” he explained looking terrified and I nodded.

“Draco I will help if I can but how can I help?” I said, “Teach me magic, I’ve seen the way you duel and the spells you know. Teach me them, I may stand a chance if I’m half as good as you, please” he begged “Draco I merely learnt it from…” “You did not learn it from books or school! I know Aunt Bellatrix taught you some magic but you have the ability to do magic that she does not understand and I need to know everything” he explained and I sighed.

“If they were to find out we would be…” “They will never find out, I won’t betray you Hydra you just need to help me. We can tell them a lie to cover us, please Hydra I’m scared,” he whispered and I nodded. “Hydra!” I heard a voice shout “Rabastan where is that useless daughter of yours?” they added and I heard my father order me to him so I hurried towards the voices.

“What were you doing?” my father spat “Oh I was just practising some spells” I lied and they nodded “You need to go to Gringotts and put this in there and also I understand you can perform the Gemini spell?” Bellatrix asked, “Yes aunt Bellatrix” I replied. “Good, put that on the whole vault! You got that?” she snapped handing me a goblet and I nodded quickly “Good now go” she ordered and I watched as they all left apart from Narcissa “Draco, where is he?” “I’m here” he cut in walking into view and she nodded “Come we must have lunch” she informed.

“Mother I need to get some gold for school, may I go to Gringotts and fetch some?” he asked and she nodded slowly “You come straight back though” she ordered and he nodded. We walked towards the big gates of the manor slipping through them before I held out my hand and Draco took it before the ground disappeared from underneath us and then we landed on the hard cold concrete of Knockturn Alley.

We stepped out of the shadows of a concealed shop entrance to see a few people around “Master Malfoy and Mistress Lestrange” a passer by said bowing slightly and I nodded walking slowly. Our feet clicked on the concrete as we walked “Mistress Lestrange how are you?” a creepy voice asked and I turned to see a shrivelled looking old woman baring her terrible looking teeth.

“I am fine,” I stated walking off “And your father?” “My father is well” I replied still walking, we reached a crowded entrance and tried to get through but people refused to move “Get out of my way” I growled and they ignored me “I said get out of my way, now move!” I ordered. “There’s a line darling and I suggested you use it. If not walk around” a man snarled at me and I pulled the hood of my robe down “How dare you speak to me like that! Do you not know who I am? Show some respect,” I shouted and his eyes widened.

“Mistress Lestrange, Master Malfoy; I am sorry. I didn’t recognise you” “I should hope that’s the truth, for your sake,” I added as they parted and we walked through them before I pulled my hood back up. We reached doors to Gringotts but it was crowded “Out of my way” I growled, “Out of my way!” I repeated flicking my wand and they parted so we walked through them.

There was a long line in Gringotts full of students taking out their gold; I pushed the hood of my robe down before pushing people out the way. “Hey” people complained as we both walked through them “Move!” I ordered but the 3 people at the front stayed put “I’ll handle this” “The lady said move, now move” Draco snided. “There’s a queue Malfoy” “Yes there is for half-bloods, mudbloods and blood traitor’s like yourselves” I cut in moving through them.

“Vaults, we want in them,” I said and the goblin kept his eyes on his work “I said we want in a vault, don’t you ignore me!” I growled and he looked up before smiling “Mistress Lestrange and Master Malfoy, I apologize I did not realise it was you. Which vaults do you wish to enter?” he asked. “My aunt Bellatrix sent me” I replied holding out a note and he nodded “And I wish to enter my own vault” Draco added and the goblin smiled.

“Very well, let me fetch someone to take you” “Well don’t you keep me waiting!” I shouted as he walked off “Lestrange, she’s a Lestrange?” a voice whispered “I said don’t keep me waiting!” I stated. “She sure has that Lestrange attitude” I heard a girl say “Hydra they’re ready lets go” Draco said holding out his arm and I took it walking off with him.

When I got to the vault I wanted we both stepped into it, I watched as the Goblin stayed outside out of the way. I placed the goblet at the top almost out of sight before stepping outside and waving my wand “That is all” I said and we left back for the main entrance. We walked outside and I saw the 3 from before except this time there was a whole family of the ginger children with 2 adults.

“Look at The Weasley’s coming to empty their tiny vault, I’m surprised they can all be out at the same time. I mean they all share clothes so I never knew the whole family could be clothed at the same time” Draco snided and I laughed. “Draco are these your school friends?” I asked and he scoffed “Oh yes I just love to be best friends with blood traitors, mudbloods and halfbloods” he replied as I laughed.

“How dare you” “Oh Mr Weasley I presume, how dare you point a wand at a pure blood! Oh and Draco that’s not just any half blood, that’s the boy who lived. The question is how long?” I asked and Draco smiled. “For as long as there’s an Order and good people to protect him” Mr Weasley replied and we both laughed. “We shall see Mr Weasley, we shall see. Come Draco we must get back” I smiled and he bowed his head “See you at school Weasley” he said before following me.

“Who is that?” “Hydra Lestrange, Rabastan Lestrange’s daughter. She was at Hogwarts, 4 years older than you Ron and she was in Slytherin just like the rest of her family. She is presumed to be a death eater and keeping the company she is doing I’d presume she is as well. I would never say this unless I feared the worst but you must not go picking arguments with Malfoy if she is his friend” Mr Weasley said quietly.

“But if she’s only 22” “She may well only be 22 but she has been taught by the best and she is one of the most talented witches they have, she is very much like her aunt Bellatrix. To cross her would be potentially dangerous” he explained, “You should listen to your father!” I shouted as we walked out the building.

A boy was busy talking to someone and walked into me and I glared at him “Look where your going” Draco shouted before smiling “Oh Hydra, this is Neville. Neville Longbottom” he introduced and I laughed. “Oh Mister Longbottom I’ve heard many things about you, you ought to look where you are going because we’d hate for you to end up where your parents are” I said smiling.

“H-Hydra?” the old woman he was with asked and I smiled “On the topic of your parents tell them my father says hello, I’m sure they remember him. Rabastan Lestrange” I added before walking off.

It wasn’t long before there was another meeting held at The Malfoy’s house where the whole Lestrange family where now living. There was one person missing from the table full of people and that person was the one I wanted to see more than anyone, it was full of talk before the Dark Lord arrived “Father” I said quietly and he turned his gaze to me. “Where is Severus?” I asked “On other business, why?” “I-I just wondered” I lied and he carried on his conversation.