Lestrange Affair

Train

The door opened and he walked in making the whole room fall silent “I call you here tonight to discuss plans for our year ahead” he said before talking about his plans and everything fell quiet “M-My Lord” I stated and people looked at me. His face turned to me and I bowed my head before carrying on “I have spent time going over spells to teach students and I was merely wondering if you had any preferences of spells in which you’d want them to learn. Also should students of Slytherin be favoured?” I asked and he looked at me.

“What spells do you have in mind?” “W-Well I’ve thought about protection spells and blocking spells for starters, then a wide range of attacking spells and curses and finally curses which they consider unforgivable and dark,” I answered. “My Lord I understand that Gryffindor has always been the home to those who consider themselves of the right path and I thought maybe teaching these individuals would be a waste of valuable time. Perhaps time and knowledge would be better spent teaching purely those from the Slytherin house,” I suggested as my father clenched his fist over his wand.

“My Lord ignore my daughter she knows not…” “Rabastan you have raised an insightful child and I understand she has learnt much from us, I also acknowledge her skills as a witch to be that of outstanding. I do also agree that Gryffindor is a waste of time and that teaching them will only show them skills they will never possess, why Slytherin?” he asked.

“My lord Slytherin has been the home and continues to be the home of some of the most talented and skilled witches and wizards. Slytherins show an aptitude for this kind of magic and are fully prepared to follow you and acknowledge you as their master. We are all Slytherins ourselves and after all we must seek to protect the purest blood in our world and the teaching of Slytherins to duel proficiently will protect the pure bloods” I listed and he stayed quiet.

“The duelling club will be set up for Slytherins only” he stated and I nodded. He stayed for a while before disappearing. The next day was to be the first day of school and The Malfoy’s left early to take Draco to Kings Cross. I heard a knock on the door “Hydra we must go!” “In a minute” I replied “No! Not in a minute now! And don’t talk to me like that, I’m your father!” he shouted and I jumped up.

I opened the door to reveal him “Your things were taken by Draco Malfoy, now come we must go” he ordered and I nodded following him out the room I had been given at The Malfoy’s and outside stood 8 other’s. “The train is now well on its way, our job is to board the train and attempt to find Potter; if we find him we call for him. We must also secure the train and establish control; we then take our positions on the train and keep them until safe arrival at Hogwarts. Understood?” Bellatrix ordered, “Yes” I replied along with the others and she nodded, “Now lets go!” she shouted and we all disapparated.

We all arrived at the same time and within seconds there was screams through the train, I walked down the train opening carriages before finding one with a group of students I more than recognised. “Well look what we have here, isn’t this a little collection of people. Longbottom did you tell your parents we said hi?” I asked and he grabbed his wand and I laughed “Lower your wand Longbottom before you join them” I growled and he kept it raised.

“Neville lower the wand” the ginger girl mumbled and he looked at her before doing it “So you’re a Weasley as well, where’s your brother?” I asked “At work” “I meant Ron, don’t get smart with me” I snapped and she shrugged. “He left after you crashed the wedding, we’ve not seen him since” he answered, “Alecto take this carriage!” I shouted and she appeared next to me.

I saw others down the end and pointed my wand at the nearest door “Bombarda!” I said and there was a bang, through the dust I saw a group of small students huddled in the corner “Welcome to Hogwarts” I shouted smiling as Amycus Carrow walked in to their carriage. “Aunt Bellatrix he’s not on the train, his friends aren’t here either. Alecto has the carriage full of other Hogwarts friends of his if you wish to see them” I informed and she headed on down the train to find them.

I opened the door on the last carriage as I watched her walk off; I turned my attention to the carriage to see a group of students one of which was laid across the seat with his head on a girls lap. “This carriage is secure, Mr Malfoy’s son is in here,” the girl said stroking Draco’s hair as she spoke “So I see” I stated and Draco shot up pushing the girls hands from him.

“H-Hydra, why are you here?” “Business Draco, the train must be secured. Not all of us can afford to lounge around without a care in the world” I replied looking at the others in the carriage. “You never said you would be joining us on the train, I’d have come with you” “And raise suspicions? Your school children, rumours and gossip are rife amongst your kind,” I said. “My kind? Don’t refer to me as a school child” he snapped back “Don’t you talk to me like that Draco Malfoy! You remember who your elders are and respect them before they force you to show respect” I shouted and he looked away from me.

“I will refer to you as a school child because that is what you are Draco! If you wish to be seen as otherwise then I am afraid you will be sadly disappointed. Did you see Potter or his friends on the platform?” I asked and he shook his head. “I fear The Order has instructed him to not return to Hogwarts” “Hydra!” I heard my father shout and I turned to see him in the carriageway.

“I didn’t realise you were brought along to converse” he snapped “I apologize father, I was just talking to Draco” I answered and he looked between us “The train has been secured, keep to your position until arrival at the castle” he ordered “Of course father” I stated as he left. “Hydra these are my friends Crabbe and Goyle” Draco introduced “Also this is Pansy Parkinson, one of my friends. This is Hydra Lestrange” Draco added.

“Hydra my father has told me about you he…” “Obviously failed to tell you to call me Mistress Lestrange and not Hydra” I cut in and the shorter boy nodded quickly “Sorry I just heard Draco call you it” he rushed out “Yes well Draco has known me 18 years I believe he qualifies for the usage of my first name, maybe if we spend more time together we can proceed to that level but I highly doubt it. As for you, I don’t ever recall hearing your family’s name” “I’m pure blood” the girl practically shouted and Draco looked at her.

I looked at him before shaking my head “Your aunt is on the train” I said and he nodded slowly, I heard someone clear their throat and turned to see Amycus Carrow. “Amycus” I stated and he nodded. “I wondered if you needed any help?” “No Amycus I’m fine, I got this bunch, I was far more looking forward to having some fun with the students although that group of first years will remember me” I complained and he laughed.

“They most certainly will Hydra, can’t we have some fun here?” he asked and I smiled “Sadly no, these appear to be pure bloods and 3 of them have some what important fathers” I replied and he looked around. “Aww young Malfoy is here” Amycus stated “So Amycus what are your plans for the year? I hope there’s some punishment to be handed out to those who resist and I hope I get invited to join in” I asked and he nodded.

“Of course, my sister and I were thinking maybe those who were eligible for punishment should be sent to aid you in your club” he suggested “That sounds good to me, I always have had the desire to carry out the Cruciatus curse. It seems such a shame learning to never use it,” I answered and he laughed. “So are you staying at the castle?” Amycus asked “I’m sorry I thought you were here for a job Amycus not to make light conversation” Draco cut in and Amycus turned to him.

“Master Malfoy I do not think this is a matter for your input! I did not see you get invited to join this party and therefore your opinions or input is not valued or required” Amycus growled and Draco looked at me for back up but I was siding with Amycus on this one.