Lestrange Affair

Power

We arrived at Hogwarts and they all over saw the students getting off the train “Draco lets go” the girl said and he looked at her “I’ll be there in a minute” he stated and she looked between us before leaving. “Hydra what was that?” he asked and I looked at him “Draco don’t you dare talk to me like I am your equal because we both know I am not! I am to be in a position of power at this school and you will treat me accordingly,” I growled and he shook his head.

“Hydra we’ve been friends for years, you’re my oldest friend. I’ve known you 18 years,” he whispered as we both got off the train “Yes and I am also higher in the ranks of this group and you should treat me accordingly. We are not here to make friends this year Draco and you should remember that” I cut back and he looked at me.

“I thought you were going to help me?” “Yes I will but I will not help someone who is not taking the matter seriously, you have a task to carry out Draco and that should be what all your concentration on. Not your friends” I whispered before spotting a group of students lingering around.

“Get up to the castle!” I shouted and saw it was a group of Gryffindors I flicked my wand and a rope wrapped around the tallest boy and pulled him to me “I suggest, if you wish to make it to the castle alive this year that you and your friends move now!” I shouted before letting him go and he ran off.

“The same for you Draco now go” I ordered and he nodded walking off, “What’s going on?” my father asked and I shook my head “Nothing father, Draco was merely providing some suggestions on where Potter and his friends may be. He suggests checking muggle settlements, the boy was brought up as one and the girl is a mudblood. Plus Weasley’s father has a key interest in muggles, they maybe feel safer within muggles as they feel we will not search them out there” I lied and he nodded.

“Do you think this could be true?” he said and I shrugged “Maybe father, it could be an idea to look into but then muggles could do that job for us, get the ministry to put out an alarm to the muggles. They do the job for us” I suggested and he nodded slowly. “You should get up to the castle you will be late,” he stated and I nodded slowly and he turned and left.

I reached the great hall to see students already seated at their tables and I smiled remembering how great Hogwarts used to be to me, I saw the person who I’d been wanting to see for weeks sat at the table and I walked up to see him signal for me to sit at his side. “Hydra it’s nice to see you,” he said quietly and I nodded “You too, how have you been?” “Good, I hope you’ve been keeping yourself safe?” he asked and I smiled.

“Of course, it’s good to be back at school. Although it is under challenging…” “Hydra remember where you are,” he said quietly and I looked to see others around us and I nodded slowly. It wasn’t long before he was on his feet and the great hall fell silent, “I have some announcements to make” he stated before listing all the changes that were to come into effect this year and then he looked over his shoulder at us.

“Also we have 3 new members of staff this year. Alecto Carrow is to be the new deputy headmistress and Amycus Carrow the new deputy headmaster, they will be in charge of punishment among other things and finally Mistress Lestrange who will be starting a new club within the school teaching those who are deserving the art of duelling” he informed and then he turned moving to sit back down.