Lestrange Affair

Truth

It wasn’t long before the gossip of ‘Where was Harry Potter’ was spreading through the school and I knew it wasn’t long before some serious hint was dropped and Draco or myself would pick up on it.

I walked into the Great Hall and silence fell across the students, I walked onto the platform and saw Professor Slughorn sat at the far end “We’ve been having these clubs for 6 weeks now and we’ve all mastered the basics and some more advanced spells so now lets try some other spells. Today we will learn a spell that some will try to tell you it is unforgivable, but those are merely idiots! These spells are not unforgivable they are necessary and today you will learn one of the most useful spells, the Cruciatus Curse” I stated looking over them all.

“Miss Parkinson if you will” I said and she looked at Draco who pushed her forward, “Now lets see, you. Helpless Hufflepuff, why are you here?” I shouted and the girl stood up from the chair she was sat on near Slughorn and mumbled something. “Speak up!” I ordered, “I-I…Professor Carrow sent me” she stuttered “Which one? Let me guess Amycus?” I asked and she nodded.

“And what did you do to get here?” I stated as Pansy stood at my side “I-I said that Professor Snape doesn’t de-deserve to be headmaster” she admitted and I felt hatred spread through me as I walked to her, I walked around her looking down on her. She must’ve been a 3rd year at least, “And you’re a muggle born I guess?” I asked and she shook her head “Half blood, my father’s a muggle,” she mumbled and I nodded walking back to Pansy.

“Right everyone the incantation is the word ‘Crucio’, lets hear you all say it, keeping wands out of hands!” I shouted and I heard them all say it a few times. “Right Miss Parkinson, take your wand and lets see the spell in action” “W-what?” she asked quietly. “The Hufflepuff is here for a reason, now lets try the cruciatus curse. Aim your wand and Crucio” I replied and she looked at me before looking at the girl and closing her eyes.

“Crucio!” she said and the girl staggered backwards “No, no Miss Parkinson you must mean it. You don’t want to knock her backwards you want to torture her, you want her to feel discomfort, now try again” I ordered and she did it again and this time the girl fell down and I nodded.

“Lets see if we can get someone else to do it, someone with a flare for duelling; Mr Malfoy up you come” I shouted and Draco practically ran onto the stage “Lets see you try shall we, aim and Crucio. Stand up girl!” I shouted and the girl got to her feet. I looked at Draco who smiled “Crucio!” he shouted and the girl fell to the fall moving in pain and we both smiled.

“Brilliant Mr Malfoy! You see the cruciatus curse is all about pain; the infliction of pain can be a very useful thing. If you want someone to tell you something you need to make them do it sometimes and this curse is perfect for that, you have to really mean it though otherwise it will have no effect whatsoever. Miss Parkinson, try again!” I ordered and she did but it was no better.

“You see if you wanted Miss Hufflepuff to be scared but also trust you to not hurt her too much you’d probably use Miss Parkinson. If you wanted her to tell you her secrets you’d use Mr Malfoy” I explained as Draco shouted Crucio again and the girl cried making a few people laugh.

“And if I was to want to learn her darkest secrets, if I wanted her to tell me her friends secrets. If I wanted her to betray her friends then…Crucio!” I shouted and the girl cried out in pain as she writhed around on the floor and Draco laughed. “You have to really mean it! Never again will you speak out against Severus Snape and you will treat him with the respect he deserves you filthy halfblood!” I growled as she begged with me.

“Are we understood?” I asked and she nodded and I lowered my wand before laughing, “Amycus, she’s all yours!” I shouted and he appeared on the stage picking her up and dragging her off with him making me smile. “That will be all, you may go,” I stated and they all walked off except Draco and Pansy.

“May I help you?” I asked and Draco looked at Pansy, “I’ll meet you later” he said and she left, “What a charming girlfriend you have Draco” I stated and he smiled “She’s not my girlfriend Hydra, I wanted to talk to you about a private matter” he whispered and I nodded as we walked down to my office.

“My father, among others, has been talking about us. The Dark Lord is aware of us spending more time together than is normal of a student and teacher and people are talking; apparently we’re suspiciously close. We need a lie to cover us before we get into trouble” he added as we walked into my office.

“They’re talking?” “Yes, that’s why Alecto has been watching us more closely. She’s been set a job to spy on us” he said and I nodded “I did wonder why she was so keen on being friends, maybe we just don’t talk for awhile, although we have been friends since childhood so its not unlike us to talk” I reasoned.

I felt my forearm burn and Draco froze looking down at his arm “Is your arm burning?” he asked and I nodded, “Looks like we’re wanted” he whispered and I told him to go to the room of requirement. I walked to the headmaster’s office knocking on the door “Hydra” the voice answered and I walked in “I am wanted” I stated and he looked at me so I pushed up my sleeve and he saw it “What have you done?” “Why must I have always done something!” I argued back before disapparating and landing outside the Malfoy’s house.

I walked straight in heading to the dining room knocking on the door “Come in” the voice answered and I walked in slowly “Ahh Hydra, nice of you to arrive. Mr Malfoy is already here along with your parents,” he stated and I sat at my father’s side. “It has come to my attention that you 2 have been spending rather a lot of time together whilst at the castle, is there something you have to tell me?” he asked.

“No we have just been discussing certain things, I heard some news about Potter I thought Draco may want to know so he could pass on” I lied and his eyes shone “What did you hear?” he snapped “I heard that nobody had seen him since the wedding which we turned up at, him and his 2 friends have been missing and there’s no contact with their families. Their friends within the castle seem to think he will turn up though,” I stated and Draco looked at me.

“They do?” “Well they are all keeping an attitude that Potter will return to save them, they seem to think we are a temporary measure at the castle and that can only mean one thing” I lied and Draco nodded. “That is one event, I do not recall this being a joint endeavour! I set you separate tasks so why must you spend so much time in each others company?” he demanded and I looked at Draco.

His mother looked between us and he glanced at her, “Well?” he asked and Narcissa looked at me and I closed my eyes “My Lord, we’ve been…I’ve grown to be fond of Draco. I understand that now is not the time for this sort of thing but we are dating and we both understand that is not a priority for us right now” I lied and his dad looked like he’d kill me. “What?” Lucius shouted and everyone looked at him “Lucius do you have a problem?” he asked, “I just think that this is totally…” “Draco, you’ve been dating Draco? I thought maybe you were better suited to Amycus Carrow” my father cut in.

“I-I apologize father but…” “Do not apologize Hydra, this is even better. Your marriage would be the ultimate matching of pure blood families, Draco has both the Malfoy and Black family blood in him and you yourself are a Lestrange and a Flint. Yours would be the most perfect pure blood marriage there is” my father rambled and I looked at him.

Flint, I have Flint blood in me? “Marriage, there will be no marriage” Lucius cut in and my father looked at him “Excuse me Lucius do you have a problem with my family?” he asked and Lucius went to stand up “Father I don’t think this is the time or the place to discuss this and also we’re hardly at the place to be getting married” I cut in and he nodded.

“Well you may return to the castle,” he stated and I went back to the wardrobe with Draco “Hold my hand” “What?” he whispered “My hand, hold it. We’re dating remember” I said and he nodded grabbing it in his own. We reached the room of requirement and I let go of him “Flint, you never said you’re a Flint” Draco said. “Go to your dorm Draco, I will see you tomorrow” I ordered and he looked at me as we walked out and I stormed off, I shouted the password but the stairway never appeared. I looked around and saw Alecto “What’s the password, he’s changed it?” I asked and she shrugged “It’s not been told to anyone” she said as she pushed a group of kids onwards.