‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

To make you feel the same way

I groaned while I moved around the soft cushion under me and my leg hit someone under the covers. I opened my eyes and squinted at the light. They soon adjusted and I opened them wider. Dan smiled over at me and he run his hand up my arm and to my cheek.

"Happy birthday." He grinned.

I groaned and turned my head away from him. He chuckled and grabbed my waist to flip me over and bring me closer to him. I opened my eyes again and looked at him. He leaned forward a little and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you," I sighed.

"Be happy love! It's a special day." He smiled.

"Yeah, whatever." I got out of bed and opened the doors and stepped out onto the balcony connected to our hotel room. I smiled and breathed in the fresh air.

"Maybe it'll be a good day after all." I said when I felt arms wrap around my shoulders and someone press their lips to the back of my head.

"I promise I'll make it the best." I turned around in his arms and pressed my lips to his before I walked back into the room and got out a pair of clothes and changed in the bathroom.

Dan was already ready by the hotel door with an awake Zara when I was finished and I grabbed my jacket and we headed out.

ยป

We spent the day at the park and we looked at some sights around the town. It was warm out but a little chilly. We played with Zara while we were in the park then we went to get some coffee.

I was in the bathroom, fixing my dress in the mirror. I wore a fitting black dress and I put my hair up in a high ponytail. I smiled to myself and grabbed my small purse then walked out into the living room where Dan was.

"You look beautiful." He smiled to me when I reached him and I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, fine sir." I smiled up at him.

He grinned then we headed next door to drop Zara off. Dan knocked on the door while I held Zara in her carrier. Matt opened the door and move aside so we could walk in. He kissed my cheek and I walked over to the couch and set the carrier down.

"Feed her before she goes to bed and don't forget to burp her." Dan said.

Max walked out from his room and smiled at me. He walked over to the couch and I hugged him. He kissed my cheek when he pulled away, "You look really beautiful."

"Thanks Max." I smiled.

"Ready, Al?" I looked over at Dan and nodded. I leaned down and kissed Zara's head softly before I walked over to the door.

I pointed at Max when I got to it, "Take care of her. I trust you."

He nodded and Dan took my hand after I shut the door.

When we arrived at the restaurant, the waiter led us to a very private area. I looked at Dan and he smiled.

"I asked for a private spot." I nodded and picked up the menu, scanning over it.

The waiter came and took our orders and I sipped on my water while we waited.

"Did you have fun today?" Dan asked from across the table.

I nodded at him, "It was fun at the park. Zara liked it." I laughed.

He smiled, "She loved those swings."

I nodded again and moved back in my seat when our food came.

"It smells so good," I breathed it in and I felt like my eyes rolled to the back of my head. I heard Dan laugh and I opened my eyes.

We started eating and I hit his fork with mine when he tried to steal a piece of chicken. "My meal. Your meal." I pointed between us at the plates.

He shook his head and snatched a piece quick. I smiled at him as he chewed and we soon finished.

He payed even though I refused and he led me down the sidewalk.

"Where are we going?" I held his warm hand in mine as we walked and he turned down a street then down an alley.

"Dan, where are we going?" I stopped abruptly and he stopped to, turning around to face me.

"We're going up there," he pointed at a ladder on the building beside us and I looked back at him.

"Why?"

"Because, love. Don't you want to watch the city lights?"

I nodded quickly and he led me up the ladder, me going first. I looked around and back down when I got to the top and waited for him to come up. He took my hand again and led me to a spot where we could watch the city.

He placed his jacket over my shoulders when I shivered at the slight wind and I looked out at the lights. "It's beautiful," I whispered. He nodded beside me and I felt his eyes on my face as I stared out with wonder. I turned to look at him and watched him lean forward to kiss me. He placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me slowly. I giggled against him and he pulled away.

"What?" He smiled.

I shook my head and moved back to look out again and I put my head on his shoulder. I felt his arm snake around my waist and he sighed slightly against me.

"You know our fight when we broke up?" He whispered.

I thought about it and bit my lip then nodded.

"I didn't mean what I said. I was just mad. You do mean a lot to me, Ali. More than a lot actually. You and Zara are my world now." He whispered the last part.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you so much for all the comments, it makes me soooo happy.

what do you think will happen next?

(: