Status: Completed. Sequel will be up ONLY if I get a lot of comments on how you like the story!

If You Can't Hang, Then There's the Door

Sudden Realizations.

"Well Mrs. porter I'm impressed. How did you ever earn over thirty thousand in highschool?!" heather questioned me as I signed all the paper work for the building.  I blushed as she gawked at me

"Well heather, little ol' Scarlett here worked a full time job since freshmen year and never spent a DIME of it that wasn't necessary." Kellin gushed, but that wasn't the only place I had gotten my money, and he knew it. 

"That's impressive Scarlett" she smiled and I smiled back.

"Well Kellin is being modest I did have a close relative pass, that left me some money." I admitted, it was a big help. 

"Don't sell yourself short though Scar, you did work really hard to make this happen" he smiled at me and grabbed my hand. I felt shivers go up my spine from his touch. I jumped a little that has never happened. He gave me a confused look which I ignored

"Your right Kell" I said and smiled at him handing the finnished paper work to Heather.

"You two are an adorable couple, so young as well" Heather commented, my face grew red hot and Kellin just smiled. 

"Well we aren't a couple, we grew up together, we're best friends and we support each other" He said to her and she smiled. I frowned slightly, 

"That's amazing your both special people" she beamed and kellin nodded. 

"well guys all of this will be finalized by the end of the week and you can fix up the store! They keys will be mailed to you with the finalized paper work" I felt my heart flutter, I was so excited about finally starting this business. or maybe my hearts fluttering because Kellins still smiling at you.

"Thank you heather, have a nice day" I shook her hand and she yshook Kellins after. 

"So Scar have you went through that magazine yet?" He asked while opening my door for me. 

"Oh yea, I have everything I should need cook ware wise, marked" I smiled at him as he shut my door and hurried to his own seat.

"Well lets get all of that ordered tonight. Now what's left when that's taken care of?" he asked me genuinely interested. 

"Well there is a decent sized cooler and freezer already in the building, there's a flat top grill  that I can utilize along with a stove and they have a huge baking oven already because they used to make pastries there as well. So I may just need to order tables and shelves to put the finnished products in and containers for everything people purchase." I said thinking out loud. 

"That doesn't seem to bad Scar, I think you forgot about buying ingredients" he said laughing.

"Well that's obvious, just need to find a good vendor for it all, i need a cash register and I may need a massive batter mixer but they cost a fortune." I said thinking it that was all I needed. 

"We'll I'm here to help we will start looking for everything tomorrow, I promise" he said holding out his pinky for me to grab with my own. 

"Remember what happens when you break a pinky promise!?" I mocked. 

"That happened ONE time !" he said with his Hurt voice. 

"Well You've never broken one since" I laughed remembering our little promises.

"Well the stakes are to high, and I love you too much to ever break a pinky promise again" he shuttered thinking about what happened when he broke his promise years ago. We were sophomores and he forgot to come to a cooking contest I went to. I was so nervous and waited and prayed for him to come. But his mom wouldn't let him leave. Usually she's wasn't a problem but for some reason he never made it no matter how hard he tried.

I went easy on him because I won and I knew he tried. Our deal was if either if us ever broke a pinky promise, we were allowed to paintball them at a short distance 5 shots anywhere but the face and private areas without any gear on the victim. Just a shirt and jeans. It was glorious even though I only shot him three times. 

"We haven't gone paint balling ever since then either" I laughed as he grimaced 

"I'm to fucking scared to now! One, your a good shot, and two remembering that pain always makes me think twice"  he laughed as we pulled back into our apartment complex. 

"Well I'm gonna go do some research and maybe hang with the guys while your on your date" I winked at Kellin but couldn't hide the unpleasant tone in my voice.

"Sounds like a plan, I'll let you know how it goes, I'm gonna go get ready. See you later cutie" he kissed my cheek and ran up to our apartment. I could still feel his warm lips on my cheek, I shook my feelings for him off once more and made my way to Gabe and jesses apartment with my laptop. 

"Hey guys, wanna hang out while kellin is on his date ?" I asked Gabe as he answered the door. He gave me a sad look an Hugged me. I felt a couple tears run done my cheek but I quickly wiped them away before he could see, but unfortunately  the rest of the guys all saw it from the living room. 

"What's wrong Scarlett?" Jack asked getting up from his place on the couch. 

"Just stressed, I bought the building today and I have a lot to figure out" I lied as gabe released me.

"Well that's no reason to cry sweetheart! You should be stoked" Justin said joining the crowded doorway. Gabe shot me a look, knowing what the tears were really about.  

"Well I need to figure out a list of treats I'll sell everyday along with weekly sales. How would you guys like testing out some new flavors!?" I asked quickly changing the subject as they all lit up at the mention of food. 

"That would be delicious of you" Jesse said as we all sat down, I sat next to him and Gabe. 

"So I take it jolly rancher shots should be present at you upcoming birthday party?" Jesse asked raising his eyebrow and ruffling my hair.

"Oh god I really did get a little carried away last night didn't I?" I questioned booting up my lap top. 

"Yea it was awesome, you can hold quite a bit of liquor without getting sick, it's impressive for such a little girl" Justin joined the conversation. Causing everyone to agree and make me blush. 

"Well boys who wants to go run to the store so I can cook up a nice dessert for everyone?" They all raised their hands and I giggled. Handing them a list of ingredients.

"Why won't you come Scarlett ?" Jack begged.

"I need to start ordering some stuff and since I'm cooking for you all I deserve to relax before slaving over hot appliances " he nodded in agreement as they all made their way out the door, Gabe stayed behind. I sighed knowing what he wanted. 

"Scarlett... What's going on?" he asked sadly sitting next to me in the couch, I kept my eyes focused on the screen of my laptop. 

"Leave it alone Gabe please?" I pleaded not wanting to look at him,

"You don't deserve to be this upset" he said placing his hand on my cheek and making me turn away from the laptop.

"It's all you fault Gabe, I never realized I was falling for my best friend until you pointed it out last night. Now I'm starting to notice things and I don't know what to do about it!"  I said frantically as he sighed.

"I didn't mean for that To happen, but you shouldn't hide your feelings, especially from Kellin " he stated letting go of me now that he as my attention. 

"No, he's exactly why I should hide my feelings Gabe ! We would never be close again if I acted on these weird new feelings. I'm not even sure of the feelings myself! I don't want to lose kellin just because I may have a temporary crush." I said starting to cry onto my keyboard.

"please don't cry Scarlett I know your scared but... What if it wasn't just temporary?" he asked the golden question.

"Gabe I couldn't imagine life without him, which is why I rather have him as I have him now, instead of losing him all together over feelings he may not share for me." I cried a little harder and wiped my tears on my sleeve quickly.

"But can you handle him being with other girls? Your falling apart while he's on this date" he said heading me tissues.

"Gabe your tiny observation at the club last night is why any of this is happening none of this ever bothered me before!" I Shouted growning angry with him. 

"Yes it did Scarlett, that's why I brought it up! You get a hurt look on your face whether you notice it or not when he calls you best friend, and you always blush slightly almost un noticeably whenever he touches you." he stated calmly.

My eyes grew wide as it hit me. I've been in love with my best friend for a long time now 

"I-I-I do?" I whispered touching where he kissed my cheek just a few hours ago, I could still feel him there. 
 
"You do Scar, and I'm not the only one who noticed" my eyes for wide, did kellin notice ? 

"What are you talking about?" I said nervously placing my laptop to my side.

"All the guys have noticed it, except for kellin." he said sadly.

"I didn't know." I whispered feeling embarrassed.

"Well the fact that Kellin doesn't notice completely stuns all of us." he stated and I frowned

"Well we've always been close why would he notice something I've always done!" I yelled.

"That's true, maybe he just needs a push in the right direction" Gabe said smiling.

"No Gabe stay out of it, I don't even know what these feelings are" he frowned but agreed.

The boys all came in the Door with the groceries and I pushed my conversation I just had with Gabe into the back of my mind and focused on my new recipe. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this story (: