Status: Completed. Sequel will be up ONLY if I get a lot of comments on how you like the story!

If You Can't Hang, Then There's the Door

I didn't know how I felt about that word.

Scars point of view

"KELLIN!" I screamed as I wrapped a towel around my body.

"Baby?! Are you okay !?" He came rushing to the bedroom door.

"I'm fine, but.. I think... I think my water broke." I said staring at him with wide eyes.

"While you were in the shower? Are you sure? Isn't it a little early!?" He rushed over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm not sure... But... But it was weird I felt a sudden release of.. Well pressure, and I'm having pain." I stuttered starting to freak out, I tried to calm my nerves and not have a panic attack.

"Ill go get the bags and load up the car, just sit down and relax until I come back." Kellin ran out of the room. I heard the front door slam as I sat on the bed. I took in deep breaths, my lower abdomen started to cramp and I felt a shooting pain go through my body.

"Babe? Scar? Can you hear me?" I heard kellin, he sounded so far away, I snapped my head in his direction. He was pale and wore a worried expression.

"Help me." I cried and pointed to the lower drawer on our dresser. I had placed a black maternity dress in there just for this moment.

"What am I looking for?!" He said frantically rummaging through clothes.

"Dress. Black, hurry." I whined as the pain increased.

He found it and held it up to me. I nodded vigorously and tried to stand up but failed miserably and sat back down on the bed. Kellin rushed over to me and helped me on to my feet. I dropped my towel as kellin helped me pull my dress on.

"Can you walk scar?" He asked frantically once more, he was sort of making me freak out even more, clearly he wasn't calm, and I was definitely not thinking straight.

"No? I don't know ! Just get me to the hospital!" I screamed tears running down my face from the pain.

"I'm sorry baby, come on give me your hands." Kellins voice was soothing and his movements slowed and were a thousand times more calm than they previously were.

"Kellin, what if it's too soon?!" I asked worriedly as we slowly waddled out of our bedroom and to the front door of our apartment.

"Shh, it's all going to be okay baby. I promise. Just breathe okay?" He made the breathing noises and rhythm we had learned by taking a class a week or so after he got home from tour to help better prepare us for this moment, and let me tell you- it certainly didn't prepare me as much as I had hoped. This was easily the scariest moment of my entire life.

We reached the stairway outside our apartment and kellin looked around, there's was no way to get outside without taking the stairs. He looked up to the floors above us as I breathed in and out rapidly. Surprisingly it helped, however the pain was increasing and I was scared to move.

"IT'S TIME! GUYS IT'S TIME!" Kellin yelled through the quiet apartment complex. It was around eight in the morning and I doubt anyone was awake. But sure enough Jesse and Gabes door swung open revealing them both in their pajamas. They looked over the railing and immediately ran down the stairs to us.

"On my god scar are you okay?!" Gabe asked coming to my side and helping kellin steady me.

"IM GOING INTO LABOR! DOES IT LOOK LIKE IM OKAY?!" I shouted and immediately regretted stopping the breathing exercises.

"Holy shot come on let's get her down the stairs." Jesses said sternly and standing protectively in front of me as kellin and gabe stood by my sides helping me down the flights of stairs.

It probably took only a few minutes to get to the car but to me it felt like an eternity before I was helping into the passenger side of the car and kellin was sitting next to me in the drivers seat.

"Ill call Ashley and let the others know, well meet you guys there okay?" Jesse said to kellin as he shakily stuck the keys in the ignition and nodded as jesse as a reply. kellin was still clearly in shock. I leaned back against the car seat and closed my eyes tightly, almost every ten minutes I felt a weird pressure in my abdomen. I gripped the sides of the car seat for dear life. Hoping to channel the pain else where. But it wasn't working.

"Kellin!" I cried as I felt the car come to a stop, I barely remembered leaving the apartment parking lot.

"Shhh baby it's okay. We're here see?" I looked to the window and there were two paramedics with a wheel chair already opening the door to my side of the car and before I realized it they were helping me out and Into the wheelchair. I couldn't focus on anything happening around me, all I could feel was the pain and the extreme uncomfortableness that came along with it. I felt kellins hand in mine as I was wheeled to the maternity ward. I tried to focus on his touch, hoping that it would ease the pain.

"Mrs porter? Mrs porter?!" I heard a calm woman's voice as I felt my wheelchair stop moving and kellins hand leave my own.

"Y-yes?" I asked through clenched teeth. I was breathing long and deep breaths rapidly to reduce my pain.

"I need you to stay still, were going to lift you into the bed and get you into stirrups okay? Just relax, and keep breathing." Relax?! How can anyone relax in this situation? I felt like I was going to burst at any moment.

I felt myself being lifted out of my chair and onto a soft comforting surface, I helped the paramedics place my legs comfortably into the stirrups. The doctor immediately checked my dialation. I looked up when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, kellin was smiling warmly at me, I could see the fear and worry in his eyes, but his smile was enough to distract me from the pain.

"Okay Mrs. Porter, your a little over 7 centimeters, I'm afraid it's too late for an epidural. Your contractions seem to be eight minutes apart." I stated at the doctor in shock. No epidural?! My heart rate increased and I felt a pain in my chest. I looked around the room frantically. My hands and arms were hooked up to countless monitors and I heard the rapid beeps increase and skip on my heart monitor.

"My heart, it hurts, and I want to push." I cried, I tried to focus on getting Gracie out safely. The doctor rushed over to my heart monitor instantly and kellin watched with a heart broken expression on his face as the doctor shouted for help.

"You can't pick yet Scarlett, just keep breathing." The doctors call soothing voice flooded my ears. I felt like I was on the verge of fainting, I could feel sweat rolling off my skin all over my body. I watched as kellin ran out of the room after the doctor spoke to him. Where was he going? I needed him!

"Scar look at me." The doctor snapped her fingers in my direction making me focus on her.

"Your dilating rapidly sweetheart. You'll be able to deliver soon. I know natural births are extremely painful. But you need to listen and focus on me. Okay? Just nod your head if you understand." I nodded my head at the doctor, my attention was focused on the door as I saw kellin run back in with a large black cup.

"Ok Scarlett, kellins going to hold your hand, squeeze as hard as you need too okay? If you feel any more pain in your chest please say so. Kellin has ice chips, chewing on them helps the pain okay." I looked up to kellin who held and ice chip in his hand. I smiled weakly and opened my mouth. He placed one on my tongue. I chewed it until it had dissolved, they were working but I needed more of them. Kellin saw the look of pain in my eyes and quickly had two more chips ready to go. I took them frantically and leaned foreword as I felt another contraction rack my entire body with pain.

"Alright Scarlett, now when I say push, just breath and push as hard as you can. Feel free to scream, yell or just squeeze kellins hand if you need too." I nodded my head and let out a few more breaths before she said "push" the first time.

I let out a blood curtailing scream as I pushed. The pressure was immense and the pain was indescribable. I could feel my self stretching I comfortably as I continued to push.

"Good job baby, your doing great." I heard kellin coo into my ear as the doctor said the most awful word in the entire English language.

"Push" I yelled once more and tightened my grip on kellins hand. I wouldn't be surprised if I broke his hand today.

"Your almost there Scarlett, just a few more! Come on PUSH!" The doctor said loudly I pushed with all my might and I could feel my nails breaking into the skin on kellins hand.

I heard a loud cry and the pressure in my abdomen was no longer there. I felt oddly empty. I listen to the cries of my child as she was handed to me, umbilical cord still attached. All the pain I had felt immediately washed away and I forgot what it even felt
Like the second I heard my beautiful baby girl cry for the first time. I watched with tears in my eyes as kellin cut the umbilical cord, nurses were holding up kellins phone taking pictures as he cut the cord. I smiled down at the beautiful baby girl in my arms. She was still messy from the birth so the nurses took her to clean her. I didn't want to let go. I felt pain In my chest and I heard my monitor going crazy Instead of returning back to a normal pace.

"Doctor!?" I yelled frantically as a pain in my chest arose, I could barely breath and I felt like I was gasping for air.

Instantly an entire team of doctors were surrounding me. I started to feel light headed and blackness surrounded me, I could no longer keep my eyes open or hear anything going on around me. All I could feel was the pain in my chest as the world around me disappeared.

KELLINS POINT OF VIEW.

Scar looked like she was in so much pain as the doctor asked her to push, it broke my heart seeing her tears fall from her tightly clenched eyes, her face turning red as she did what the doctor ordered her to to. Her screams shook me to my core and the strength she put into squeezing my hand made me want to scream myself. But I knew I had to keep it together for her. She couldn't get an epidural so her only relief was squeezing my hand. I gave her ice chips and kissed her forehead as the doctor announced she was close. I ran my free hand through Scarlett's hair, then I head it.

I heard my daughters first cries, tears immediately fell from eyes as they handed Gracie to Scarlett. Scar smiled the widest smile I've ever seen in my entire life, and the pain seemed to just wash away from her. I stared at my beautiful daughter, she had huge blue eyes just like mine, and a full head of black hair just like scar. The doctor tapped my shoulder and signaled for me to cut the cord. I smiled and handed a nurse my phone to take a picture of this amazing moment. The doctor took Gracie from scars arms and took her to be cleaned, I smiled at scar but her face went from elated and happy, to scared and painful.

"DOCTOR?!" Scar yelled looking panicked. I tried walking to her but the nurses held me back as doctors flooded to scars side. I started to cry as I watched them hold scar down, I could no longer hear her heart monitor, and before I was pushed out of the room I could see them giving her CPR.

"What's going on?!" I yelled making a few people walking by stare at me worriedly.

"Mr. Quinn, please calm down, follow us, were going to take your daughter to the nursery okay? Focus on us, Mrs. porter is going to be okay." The younger brunette nurse tried holding my attention by blocking the door to Scarlett's room.

"Please, I can't leave her." I cried

"There's... Nothing you can do right now Mr. Quinn, come on, lets go get the birth certificate written up and you can call some friends and family." The older gray haired nurse grabbed my hand and gently lead me down the hallway. I couldn't hear anything from Scarlett's room, and it terrified me. I turned my focus to my daughter, her was coughing and grasping at the air. I stuck my finger into we tiny hand, she grasped it weakly making my heart flutter.

"Did you guys have a name in mind?" The nurse asked as she typed up the birth certificate.

"Yea, Gracie Quinn Bostwick." I said smiling down at the tiny life Scarlett had just brought into the world.

"That's a beautiful name." I smiled at the older nurse. I dug in my pocket and pulled out the gold bracelet I had engraved with the letters "GQB" and slipped it on my daughters wrist. She was now cleaned and staring up at me with her massive eyes. She had her mothers adorable little nose, and my pale milky skin. She truly was beautiful.

"I'm sorry Mr. Quinn but we need to run some tests on your daughter, and your girlfriend is currently being moved to ICU, so were going to have to ask you to go to the waiting room." I frowned but I understood. I was just happy that my daughter was alive and healthy, but my best friend, the love of my life, was fighting for her life once again.

I walked shakily to the waiting room, I saw that Jesse, Ashley, Justin, Lindsey, Gabe, Sophie, and jack were all sitting around waiting. Ashley and Jesse were the first to spot me and rush over to me.

"Kellin! Is everything okay?" Ashley asked frantically as my facial expression never faltered from the frown I wore on my lips.

"She.. Gracie, Gracie's beautiful." I whispered, I felt Jesse engulf me in a huge and Ashley rub my back. But I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I started to let the tears fall from my eyes as Jesse released me. I say next to Justin in the waiting room and couldn't stop the pain in my stomach, or the sobs coming from my chest.

"Kellin? Kellin look at me." I heard a very calm Ashley in front of me, I felt her small hands on my wrists as I cried into my hands.

I slowly looked up to her, her blonde hair was falling in her face and she looked just as scared as I felt.

"Scar... I couldn't hear her heart monitor anymore... They, they took her to ICU, I can't see her yet." I choked out feeling my tears suddenly dry up as I noticed Ashley form tears of her own.

"Oh kellin, s-s-she'll be o-okay. We just have to stay strong f-for her." Ashley stuttered, tears falling from her eyes.

I looked around, Jesse was holding back tears, Justin looked angry, jack just stated blankly ahead from where he was sitting in silence. Lindsey and Sophie had tears falling freely along with Ashley's, an uneasy feeling flooded the waiting room as we all desperately waited for someone, anyone to give us a sign or explanation.

"Mr. Quinn?" I heard a faint voice call from the hallway. I stoop up and rushed over to the doctors side.

"Please tell me Scarlett's okay. Please." I whispered wiping my eyes. The doctors face fell to a frown.

"Well, the birth put a lot of strain on her heart Mr. Quinn, it... It stopped. We brought her back but she's un responsive right now. She's alive, but we don't know when she'll wake up. Our specialist thinks she'll come too in a couple days, but for right now she's still in ICU being watched as monitored closely." I swear my own heart stopped when I listened to the doctor.

"What about Gracie?" I stuttered, the doctor gave me a reassuring smile.

"You can see her anytime, you and your friends. She's in good health, and quite a beautiful little girl. Congratulations Mr. Quinn." She rubbed my back lightly.

Congratulations huh? I didn't know how I felt about that word. Sure I was grateful and blessed that my daughter was healthy, but on the hand, scar, my scar was unconscious and I couldn't see her. My heart was torn in two, but I tried to push it from my mind.

"Who wants to see their niece?" I asked wiping my tears away once more and walking back into the waiting room. Ashley shot me a knowing look of worry, before standing up.

"I do." She smiled weakly at me. I waved her over to follow me to the nursery.

"Kellin?" She asked in a low sad whisper.

"Yea ash?" I whispered in return.

"She's... She's in trouble isn't she?" She asked crying harder than she was before.

"Yea ash... She.. She is. But she's going to be okay. She had to be." Ashley smiled up at me. I pointed trough the window to my sleeping daughter.

"Oh my god, she's gorgeous kellin. Congratulations." Ashley hugged my side and I rubbed her back.

"Yea, congratulations." I whispered, I just wish scar was her to celebrate.

The rest of our group all took turns seeing Gracie, and they all agreed, she was beautiful. We all sat in the waiting room, and none of us realized that an entire day had went by, just sitting silently and taking turns seeing my daughter. No one would leave until scar was awake, that was clear. I looked down the hall just waiting for someone to give us good news. My eyes never wondered. I just stared off into the deserted hallway.

"Please Scarlett... Wake up. We're all waiting for you. Gracie's waiting for you" I whispered to myself as everyone slept in their chairs around me. As soon as the words escaped my lips a doctor was walking down the hall.

"Mr. Quinn?" My head shot up and the doctor gave me a smile.

"You can see her now." My mind raced. Was she awake ? Or maybe she was just stable ? I didn't know, but I followed the doctor no questions asked as she walked me to Scars room. I took a deep breath as the door to her room opened.

"Scar?!" I cried seeing her hooked up to countless machines. Just like the first time back in highschool.

"Kellin.." I heard her breath weakly.

I gripped her hand in mine, and looked at her, she looked absolutely exhausted, her eyes were barely open and her hair still clung to her face. Her normally tan skin was paler than I've ever seen it. I squeezed her hand and ran my thumb over her knuckles. She squeezed back weakly.

"I love you Scarlett." I said kissing her forehead.

"I love you too kellin. Is Gracie okay?" I could barely hear her voice, she was so weak and fragile looking just laying there, unable to move.

"She's more than okay baby, she's perfect. Just like you." Scar smiled before shutting her eyes and letting her head turn towards me slightly.

"Good." She whispered before falling asleep.

I stayed by her side the rest of the night, holding her hand and singing to her.

"Someone could waste their whole life helplessly
Just patiently waiting for a love like you and me

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart"


You are all of my heart Scarlett. Me and Gracie are waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know - a lot of feels yet again- however I hope this was emotional and powerful enough - I've never written anything like this and I tried really hard so I hope you all enjoyed it.

The next chapter will be up soon. I'm trying to Finnish this story by time the weekends over. So be prepared for a lot of emotional chapters.

Please please please comment up a storm ! Okay ?! I desperately need more feedback than ever for this chapter.