Fight for Vengeance

I Wish I Was Normal

After Johnny left, I flopped back down on my bed and groaned. Life was so boring, giving them the tour was the only fun thing I've done.

"Anyone spark any interest?" Matt said, scaring the shit out of me so bad that I fell off my bed.
"Jesus Matt!" I said, getting back on my feet," And yes one did."
"Which one?" He asked.
"Johnny. I don't know, he's just so small and shy. He'd fit perfectly in my arms," I said.
"He is small," Matt chuckled, "You two would make an odd couple."
"Damn right," I laughed with him.
"Val said dinner is ready when you want it."
"Ehh, I'm gonna skip today. It's dark now, so I must get going anyway," I stood up and smoothed down my grey dress shirt.
"Alright man, see you later," And with that, Matt disappeared down the stairs.

As for me, I slipped on my trench coat and headed outside. I walked through the cemetery and out to the main town. I decided against hunting tonight and just wanted to get away from the castle and take in some new air. Who the fuck am I kidding, I don't need to breathe. I sighed and sat down on a bench, face in my hands. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a vampire and I was just a normal kid who could go out in the sun without burning. Hot tears ran down my face and I fast as they fell they were wiped away. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a pack of Marlboro's and lit one up.

"You alright?" A voice asked, making me jump. I looked up and standing there was Johnny.
"Yeah. What are you doing out this late?" I asked, patting the spot next to me.
He sat, "Couldn't sleep."
"Oh." I said.
"Why were you just crying?" He asked, looking me in the eyes.
"It's nothing, just being pathetic I guess."
"You're not being pathetic. You're upset and it's bothering you," Kindness was showing bright in his hazel eyes.
"I just wish I was normal. I could experience a full daytime without burning down to nothing." I said, finally giving in.
"Being normal ain't all that great and I like you because you're different. You're state of mind is amazing, you're hilarious and I think the whole vampire thing is really cool," Johnny said.
"Try being one," I sighed, resting my hand on my cheek.
"If I could I would."
"Thanks Johnny, you made me feel better. Nobody's really cared this much about me before," I gave a small smile before standing up, him following my actions.
"It's nothing, really."

I smiled and leaned down just a bit. Our faces were centimeters apart from each other. I watched as Johnny's face went red and just as I was about to kiss him, he turned his head so my lips made contact with his cheek. I felt the warmth radiating off his cheeks.

"I'm sorry," I said, noticing how I made him tense.
"It's fine. I'll see you around?" He said, I nodded.

He turned to walk away and walked two steps before turning back. I raised a brow and he just walked back over and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back, taking in his scent. Cigarette's and cinnamon. Two of my favorite things.

"Let me walk you home," I said.
"Are you sure, I don't live very far from here."
"It's dark and you'll be all alone. You could get hurt," I said.
"Okay, thanks Jimmy."

The two of us started to walk in silence, the only sound being the sounds of night. A soft hand reached and touched mine, entwining our fingers. I smiled down at Johnny, who had turned away.

"Sorry, I just don't like the dark much," He said.
"It's okay, I'm here to protect you," I reassured him.

We walked for about five more minutes until we reached a small white house with black shutters.

"Thanks a lot, Jimmy," Johnny said, looking up at me.
"No problem," I said.

He stood on his tiptoes and gave me another hug. When he pulled back, our eyes met and he kissed my cheek before scampering off in side. I felt the sensation of his lips there for a few seconds and my cheeks went hot. I waited for his bedroom light to go off before I left and headed back home to the castle.

"Matt, I'm back," I said as I walked in the house.
"Hey man, where did you go?" Matt said, walking up and taking my coat.
"On a walk and bumped into Johnny," I said, smiling as I thought of the short boy.
"Oh really?What happened," My smile disappeared.
"I almost kissed him Matt! I don't know, I really wanted to but he turned and I kissed his cheek and when I walked him to my house he kissed my cheek! And on the way he was holding my hand...I don't know," I said all too fast. Matt somehow caught all of it.
"Calm down! He only met you today and he's probably just confused right now. Give him time," Matt said, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"I know he's the one, Matt. I know it. When I'm with him, I swear I can feel my heart beating again," I said.
"That's great, I'm glad for you. But you still need the other half of this equation. Just give him time. I got to get to bed, man," He said and went upstairs.

As for me, I was too lazy to freaking walk up the corkscrew stairs so I grabbed a blanket and a glass of blood before lying down on the couch. I downed the glass of blood and lied down, pulling the blanket over my long frame. I sighed and closed my eyes....
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for your guys! I hope you like it! c: