Fight for Vengeance

The Gnome of Many Questions

The next morning my mind was still focused on Jimmy. We almost kissed last night and we had only met a couple hours before. But something about him was different, besides the vampire thing. Something about him made my heart want to explode in my chest. I sighed and got ready for school, taking my time on my precious black mohawk as Brian would do with his hair. I chuckled at the thought.

I trudged downstairs, walking past my mom and right outside the door. My eyes were focused on my converse as I walked down the street. Then I was tackled to the ground. I fell on my back and when I looked up my eyes met green.

"H-Hey Johnny," Zacky smiled down at me and I smiled back. Brian walked up a few seconds later with Matt.
"Hey Zacky, can I get off the ground?" I asked and he stood, helping me up after.

The four of us walked to school together, getting there in a matter of minutes. Zacky grabbed Brian's hand and headed towards their lockers, which were on the other side of the school. I walked with Matt until he reached his locker and then I walked to the end of the hallway where my locker was. Then I was tripped.

I landed flat on the ground, nose bashing into the tile floor. I groaned and put my hand over my nose. I tried to get up, but before I could I was kicked.

"Fucking gnome," I heard the familiar voice of Xavier Jones.
"G-Get off me!" I shouted, tears spilling out of my eyes.
"You don't talk to me like that!" Another kick to the ribs.

I was pulled up by my hair and my eyes met stone cold blue, not like Jimmy's that were bursting with life. A punch was thrown to my eye and to my lip, a punch to the ribs and then I was dropped to the floor and kicked in the face. Blood mixed with tears.

"Johnny?!" I heard a voice yell..it was Brian with Matt by his side.
"Get your fucking hands off my friend or I swear I will fucking rip you to pieces," A voice growled, which actually sounded animal-like.
"You think your so tough, huh?" Xavier said and his full attention was focused on Matt.
"I know I'm tougher than some pussy ass football player," Matt was right in his face at this point.
"You wanna go emo-boy?"
"Try me, cock sucker."

I saw Xavier's fist fly through the air, I winced. What I didn't hear was skin hit skin. I opened my eyes and the little crowd the had gathered,even Xavier and Brian, had their jaws to the ground. Matt smirked, his hand gripping the fist and then he turned Xavier's wrist until we heard a crack.

"Oww fuck!" I saw tears run down Xavier's face.
"Now, if you don't want the other one as well as your legs broken I suggest you leave Johnny and the rest of my friends alone. Are we clear?"Xavier nodded and ran.

Next thing I knew I was picked up. I looked up and I saw Brian's gravity defying hair. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Y-You al-alright, Johnny?" Zacky asked, eyes flooded with concern. I shook my head, no.
"It's okay, we're gonna take you to the nurse," Brian said and carried me down the hall. Matt had my bag.
"T-Thanks Matt," I wheezed, ribs making it hard to talk.
"No problem, kid," He said.

The nurse gasped when she saw and Matt explained the whole thing. She cleaned up my wounds and gave me some ice for my eye. Then she sent me off.

"Matthew Sanders, Xavier Jones to the principal office immediately!" The intercom said.

Matt said goodbye and headed off. Brian, Zack, and I headed to second period since we had already missed first. For the first half of my day I couldn't even stay focused. My mind kept wandering to Matt. His tone resembled an animal and how in the world did he stop that fist from flying into his face, it was only centimeters away from hitting him. When lunch hit, all of us sat together.

"Jo-Johnny are y-you alr-alright?" Zacky asked.
"Yeah man, you've been spacing out all day," Brian butted in.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

When the grabbed their lunches, I pulled Matt out of the lunch room and into the bathroom. My hands were shaking.

"Woah, Johnny. What's up man?" He asked.
"What are you?" I asked and his eyes showed fear.
"I already know Jimmy is a vampire. What are you?" I asked a second time.
He sighed," I know what you're thinking. That everything I did was inhuman, right?" I nodded.
"I'm a werewolf. Ya know, the whole growling thing gave it away," My whole body froze, I've been petrified of wolves ever since I was kid.
"Johnny, I'm not going to hurt you alright. I'm going to protect you and Zack. Brian seems like he can care for himself, but I'll be his backup. You guys are the only friends I've ever had beside Jimmy and Val and I'm not going to let you guys go," He said, eyes meeting mine.

And with that he was gone and I was left alone in the bathroom.

~.~.~.~

When the final bell rang I ran out of the school and ran straight to Jimmy's home. I knocked on the door and the girl Val answered.

"Hey Johnny, looking for Jimmy," I nodded.
"Come on in, I'll get him for you."

I walked inside and sat down while Val grabbed Jimmy. Jimmy came flying down the stairs.

"Hey Johnny-boy!" He exclaimed.
"Hi, umm..Jimmy...I have a question for you," I twiddled with my fingers.
"Well ask away," He sat next to me all ears.
"So you're a vampire and Matt's a werewolf?" I asked.
"Yeah, did he tell you?" I nodded.
"Aren't you supposed to be mortal enemies?" I asked.
"No, that's just twilight bullshit. Vampires and werewolf's get along quite well," He explained.
"Oh..."
"That's all you wanted to know?" I nodded once again.
"Look Johnny, I'm sorry for almost kissing you yesterday," Jimmy's gaze was on the ground.
"No need, it's fine..really," I replied, standing up.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. Then I leaned down and pecked Jimmy's cheek, mine on fire. Then I walked home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a random title for all of you haha. Well Matt's a wolf! c: